Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the stewards not giving a penalty to Verstappen and Ferrari embarrassing themselves one more invoking their right of review.

What a cracker of the race. I'm gutted that Max nabbed it in the end, though. Leclerc really deserves to get a race win.
    He deserves a race win but not that race. That was one of the best drives I’ve seen in many years from Verstappen- amazing and showcasing what an amazing taken he is. Ferrari can’t complain about that I’m afraid, Max had the racing line. If anything LeClerc deserved the penalty for turning in on Max.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Hmm. Verstappen might be in a bit of trouble. Epic race though. So muxh for F1 being dead lol

On a side note. If he did push him off (imo he did) then he dors deserve a penalty. Despite sky f1 guys saying they don't want to see one, because it was an exciting race...but that's beside the point tbh. There is a difference between hard racing and simply pushing a competitor off the track

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I think we've seen this kind of pass many times already and it's something that the stewards let slide most of the time, so I would be extremely surprised if that got a penalty. It's a kind of racing I dislike and something that Verstappen does a lot (hence my dislike of him), but still I'm not expecting a penalty. On top of that, the sport look terrible if we had a second victory-deciding penalty in just three races.

Incidentally, I'm also gutted that Honda is getting another race win in F1 after they dragged McLaren to the bottom with their rubbish engines. Seems like they've upped their game, but it was too late for the Maccas.

And that was an amazing recovery drive from Sainz, who has been invisible today, but was only 4 seconds behind Norris a few laps before the end of the race until what I suspect was tyre degradation struck him. It's pretty impressive that he clawed his way back to 8th place anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    He deserves a race win but not that race. That was one of the best drives I’ve seen in many years from Verstappen- amazing and showcasing what an amazing taken he is. Ferrari can’t complain about that I’m afraid, Max had the racing line. If anything LeClerc deserved the penalty for turning in on Max.
    Everything verstappen did up until the leclerc pass was amazing. But your analysis of the incident is absurdly wrong. Max hit him twice and on the 2nd time simply pushed him off the track. That's not hard racing. Its borderline dirty racing. If he doesn't get a penalty we will all know why...for marketing reasons and thoae dutch fans

Just watched multiple replays and it is beyond clear that verstappen really did push him off the track. The previous lap will be used as evidence. It's a shame though based on his drive but max continues to show a level of dirtiness that often overshadows his talent. This should be a clear cut decision but i fear the stewards will not act accordingly. Either way it was a great race and entertaining

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    OK, after watching the replays, I now believe that was actually a clean pass. Verstappen had already got the inside line and was side-by-side with Leclerc, so it was overly optimistic of Charles to try and go for the outside line. Most of the time in these situation, the car being overtaken simply yields the position as they've already lost it. Leclerc tried to force the issue and ended up bumping wheels (could have been a hell of a lot worse). So as much as it pains me, I need to say this was a perfectly fine pass from Max.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Great race! Will await the result of the inquiry, but I'm not expecting the positions to get switched. Max had the corner won, and I'm expecting they'll just say he was entitled to the exit of the corner.

Anyway, great performance from many today, not least from Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz. Really looks like McLaren is back for real.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Yes , Max was inside , but Charles was right beside him all the way around , so had the right to expect space to make the corner .

I hate to say it , but Max needed to leave him space , so his podium needs to be taken away from him .

The on-board from Max's car shows him turning in very late , and his reasoning in one of the interviews was that there is a small rise as you enter the corner inside that makes you light , and thus , he couldn't turn in earlier .
    Now , while it's true that both should well know the character of this corner , it was Max that essentially ran too wide to allow for a car that he knew was beside him . Maybe he didn't expect him to still be there m but he was , and had every right to be .

If Max's reasoning is correct , he made a mistake at best , but went in knowing he would have to be wide on the way out , so how much of a mistake was it , really ?

9. Likes: Duncan (30th June 2019),truefan72 (30th June 2019)
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    I guess we'll see what they decide; they're obviously taking the time to think about it. In any case, I think it will at most switch the top two steps of the podium. I can't see the stewards awarding more than a 5 second penalty, and Bottas was quite a way back.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Everything verstappen did up until the leclerc pass was amazing. But your analysis of the incident is absurdly wrong. Max hit him twice and on the 2nd time simply pushed him off the track. That's not hard racing. Its borderline dirty racing. If he doesn't get a penalty we will all know why...for marketing reasons and thoae dutch fans
    Max had the racing line, LeClerc could have conceded the corner at any point he wanted and had a run at him down the straight but he didn’t. Instead he turned in on Max when Mx had the corner. That’s racing, sometimes you touch wheels in battle and if the Stewards punish it then racing is dead in F1.