Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    this event must be a WRC round!
    If you want a great new tarmac rally in WRC, the nearest thing could be if Rally GB moves to Northern Ireland.

Barum is too small as stated and exciting enough with just R5 cars.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    (...)
    FIA ERC should be equal to all competitors what means that or they are giving the same time to everybody or panalized each single driver if had a problem on canceled stage.
    This is how Champion title is stolen due to not fair play game.”
    Without the confirmation that Llarena got his puncture before the red flag it seems hard to say Torn was robbed; still, it’s quite a shame to see an exciting ERC3 Junior championship being decided behind the curtain.

To add more confusion to this matter, Llarena said to AS that Franceschi was stoping to let Torn pass him on the stage but the red flag changed their tactic (which seems a bit strange as it’d be easier to halt just once, rather than several times…). https://as.com/motor/2019/08/19/mas_...93_869093.html

Btw, Llarena is entered by the spanish ASN (RFEA) under the Rally Team Spain badge; having the RFEA pressuring the organizers to change a direct (privately entered) competitor notional time, while avoiding his own time to be changed due to the flat tyre issue, was probably vital for Llarena’s late success.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 99 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Btw, Llarena is entered by the spanish ASN (RFEA) under the Rally Team Spain badge; having the RFEA pressuring the organizers to change a direct (privately entered) competitor notional time, while avoiding his own time to be changed due to the flat tyre issue, was probably vital for Llarena’s late success.
    Torn is also entered by the Estonian ASN, so I not see any point on this comment of an ASN pressuring the organizers

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m-ast View Post
    Torn is also entered by the Estonian ASN, so I not see any point on this comment of an ASN pressuring the organizers
    Was Estonian ASN president there? Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the guy in the middle the RFEA president?

Rally addict since 1982

Liked 99 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Was Estonian ASN president there? Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the guy in the middle the RFEA president?
    You are correct in the second question and I don't know the first one, but obviously I don't think the Spanish president has the power to pressure a foreign organiser with he has no relation.

6. Likes: WRC1 (20th August 2019)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Loubet in Finland was much much deeper and there where three stumps...

Those Arai pictures show that audience didn´t even try...

and yes, it´s very to shoud from sofa
    Just catching up with this thread. Loubet - well, about the same distance off road, but Arai's car was in a much steeper angle. If you look at the Loubet rescue video, he drives back up mostly. Arai on the other hand, about 45 degree angle, that's very hard to pull a car back up. And what Mirek says, this is a high speed place with most of the crews just coming. Loubet's place with a warning was relatively safe to rescue.

You can judge fellow spectators for not trying from home, but please don't do it publicly.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

8. Likes: pantealex (20th August 2019)
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    pitty,it would be a dream to watch Ogier/Tanak/Neuville etc at these amazing roads.
    Tänak and Neuville have been already there in IRC era. However didn't drive WRC but S2000, which is a big difference. As far as I remember organizers were trying to candidate this rally to be WRC event but they left it later. Maybe Czech guys can confirm my memo.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    On that place Ilka Minor already said they wouldn't even restart on sunday. Hiroki was blaming the tyres for the crash... It's not like they were asking someone to push them back on the road. Also with that angle the car was in, and all the bushes around it, you would need a rope to pull the car out of the deep ditch.

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sb7 View Post
    As far as I remember organizers were trying to candidate this rally to be WRC event but they left it later. Maybe Czech guys can confirm my memo.
    Yes. According to this article Barum Rally was a candidate for the WRC in 2005:
    http://skoda.tj/en/motorsport/rally/...ech-rally-zlin
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sb7 View Post
    Tänak and Neuville have been already there in IRC era. However didn't drive WRC but S2000, which is a big difference. As far as I remember organizers were trying to candidate this rally to be WRC event but they left it later. Maybe Czech guys can confirm my memo.
    Pluto can say more but at some point there were WRC ambitions indeed. I think that it would be realistically possible only if Škoda entered WRC but as Tommeke said the infrastructure would be an issue for sure. I honestly can't imagine let's say 2x more spectators than now.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump