Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    “All ERC3 drivers had red flag. Franceschi stopped on stage and then continued, and after rally organizers changed only his time giving 1 extra minute to national time. It dropped him to 4th positon but still before Torn, what resulted that Llarena jump to 1st place. In this way they destroyed Torn Championship and rally win to Franceschi. After rally the evidences that Llarena had puncture on last stage come out, but stewards did not change his time and penalized only Franceschi and Torn in result. There is lot of question marks:
    1. Why they looked only on Franceschi stage time and changed it
    2. Why they add him 1 minute? If they add more then Torn would have won the title
    3. Why they did not penalized Llarena for driving on puncture? There is gps evidence that Erik Cais was faster 12 sec on the spl,it than Llarena who had puncture and would have lost more for sure. Be aware that before the stage Cais had only 5.6 sec drop to Llarena and he will win the rally, what resulted again in Torn winning champion title.

FIA ERC should be equal to all competitors what means that or they are giving the same time to everybody or panalized each single driver if had a problem on canceled stage.

This is how Champion title is stolen due to not fair play game.”
    Things like this has happened before. In WRC too, with Ogier on a punkture before red flag.
    It is all about what you can or have proof of.

1. Franceschi is or have been overtaken by the car that started behind him, before red flag. With proof.
    2. The proof is has been overtaken, nut he could be going one behind him. That make the minute.
    3. Now proof of Llaren have a punkture before red flag.
    When he saw the red flag, he new the chapionship was over, he maybe lost his conesentration and then got the punkture. WHAT DO WE NOW.

My humble opinoin.
    You can not call that stolen, you do not now enough.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Furuseth did this rally maybe fourth time. Franceschi was here for the first time, Llarena second time and they were both faster. Torn was here also for the first time. That makes a huge difference here. For me Franceschi was the most impressive driver of the weekend.
    Furuseth 3 time. First year the car let him down on the last stage the first day. I think he would have been in the lead.
    Second year the car let him down on the first stage the first day, and one the first stage the second day.
    So he has newer don the sunday stages, and this year some saturday stages was different from two years ago.
    So to say he has big exsperience from this rally is an overstatement.

But I do agree, Francechi was very impressiv, Llarena and Cais too.

4. Likes: Jarek Z (20th August 2019),Mirek (20th August 2019)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    He was in a very good mood. He said he was happy especially about Sunday. He said he had to learn the car a bit during Friday and Saturday and that the car is still very new and that he was confident it would be definitely faster next year when more experience with suspension setup is gained. Nevertheless he praised the team of his brother-in-law that everything worked perfect. The reporter asked him (jokingly) if he could get on the podium if there was another leg. He said something like "hard to say, we could also end in the forest" At the end he was asked if he would bring the current Fiesta WRC to Rally Vsetín as he promised after Kopná and he said he would if the car is free (due to date collision with Catalunya).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    they have enough cars, in Barum 2 bodyshells wrecked, but few more waiting.
    Apparently not enough
    Gryazin pulls out from Rally Turkey. They won't fix the crashed car from Barum:
    https://gryazin.com/gryazin_will_miss_wrc_turkey
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    He was in a very good mood. He said he was happy especially about Sunday. He said he had to learn the car a bit during Friday and Saturday and that the car is still very new and that he was confident it would be definitely faster next year when more experience with suspension setup is gained. Nevertheless he praised the team of his brother-in-law that everything worked perfect. The reporter asked him (jokingly) if he could get on the podium if there was another leg. He said something like "hard to say, we could also end in the forest" At the end he was asked if he would bring the current Fiesta WRC to Rally Vsetín as he promised after Kopná and he said he would if the car is free (due to date collision with Catalunya).
    Thank you!

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post

You can judge fellow spectators for not trying from home, but please don't do it publicly.
    What´s wrong?

I think this forum is well suited for all comments around rallying. Also subjects like the one on Arai´s off. So in the future I´ll be glad seeing people go publicly also with comments like these, from home.

I started it...
    Last edited by Rallyper; 20th August 2019 at 11:34.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

I also think that it's perfectly ok to discuss the matter here on the forum. It could look easy to recover the car but honestly I am not so suicidal to do that myself in that place and I don't think that slowing the others down because of the car which doesn't block the road is a good idea either.

10. Likes: Got Mail (20th August 2019),pantealex (20th August 2019),Rallyper (20th August 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Just for info. This photo is taken in village Vlčková roughly 4 km before the place where Vlček crashed and 5,5 km before the stage finish (i.e. around 20 km from the start). If I am not mistaken six cars started to the stage between Vlček and Llarena. It's possible that by that time the stage was already red flagged for him.

12. Likes: dimviii (20th August 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m-ast View Post
    You are correct in the second question and I don't know the first one, but obviously I don't think the Spanish president has the power to pressure a foreign organiser with he has no relation.
    Manuel Avino (RFEA President) is far from being a John Doe; he’s a titular member of the WMSC, FIA’s most important motorsport ruling body.

Let’s be clear: a last minute complaint is always a stressful issue for an organizer to judge, especially when it evolves a title result. I’m not saying the organizer decision was wrong or unfair but it’s more than obvious that it was quite useful for Llarena to have RFEA top officials directly supporting him in this situation.

Anyway, both Llarena and Torn deserve to be praised for their brave efforts through the whole season and hopefully they’ll have a bright future in the sport. Fingers crossed for them.
    Rally addict since 1982