Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Formula 1????

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Henners , nice to see you , old man .
    One word , my friend : "android" .

This place is pretty civilized these days .
    Y'all should come around more often .
    I miss your(completely wrong) opinions .hee hee .
    Cheers Bagwan.
    I must admit I do miss being completely right every time we debate like the old days lol. I don’t watch enough F1 to know what I’m talking about these days so can’t offer an informed opinion.

Ewww can’t touch Android mate, I’m an iOS man and far too elite for operating systems like that. Just kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Cheers Bagwan.
    I must admit I do miss being completely right every time we debate like the old days lol. I don’t watch enough F1 to know what I’m talking about these days so can’t offer an informed opinion.

Ewww can’t touch Android mate, I’m an iOS man and far too elite for operating systems like that. Just kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's still nice to see some old faces around again. Drop in when ever you have a chance.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

3. Likes: henners88 (30th June 2019),Jag_Warrior (4th July 2019)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    It's still nice to see some old faces around again. Drop in when ever you have a chance.
    Yep, I totally agree. I'm glad to see that you guys are still coming to a forum in this age of Fakebook, etc.

As for F1, I've been following it since before I could watch it on TV. I had to go to the school library and read about it in one of the "big city" newspapers that was there. Niki Lauda was my favorite driver and my elementary school classmates would make fun of me for liking a driver with a girl's name (yeah, I grew up in a podunk area, folks). There have been great seasons, good seasons and boring seasons. So to me, even if my favorite driver wasn't mopping up the competition, this is just another era that'll end sooner or later. I don't care for the Sky presenters (the presentation and content are great though), but I'll watch no matter what. I no longer watch the Indy 500 or the IRL (or Indy car or whatever it's called now). I couldn't tell you who races for whom in NASCAR these days. Drag racing just isn't my thing. LeMans isn't what it once was (IMO), but I try to catch the highlight shows, just because. I'll watch or go to an NBA game every now and again, but I'm not much on stick & ball sports.

But when I stop watching F1... pass a mirror under my nose, cause I'm likely dead.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

5. Likes: airshifter (5th July 2019),Bagwan (6th July 2019)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Yep, I totally agree. I'm glad to see that you guys are still coming to a forum in this age of Fakebook, etc.

As for F1, I've been following it since before I could watch it on TV. I had to go to the school library and read about it in one of the "big city" newspapers that was there. Niki Lauda was my favorite driver and my elementary school classmates would make fun of me for liking a driver with a girl's name (yeah, I grew up in a podunk area, folks). There have been great seasons, good seasons and boring seasons. So to me, even if my favorite driver wasn't mopping up the competition, this is just another era that'll end sooner or later. I don't care for the Sky presenters (the presentation and content are great though), but I'll watch no matter what. I no longer watch the Indy 500 or the IRL (or Indy car or whatever it's called now). I couldn't tell you who races for whom in NASCAR these days. Drag racing just isn't my thing. LeMans isn't what it once was (IMO), but I try to catch the highlight shows, just because. I'll watch or go to an NBA game every now and again, but I'm not much on stick & ball sports.

But when I stop watching F1... pass a mirror under my nose, cause I'm likely dead.
    Well said by a true fan of F1, and l respect you for it.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Formula 1 has had it's ups and downs since it started. Unless we want spec cars it's going to happen. Sometimes it results in total domination by certain teams while the others play catch up, sometimes it results in the field being tighter, and sometimes things are outlawed the first time they are presented and protested.

Fan cars

Active suspension

Traction control

F Ducts

Double decker diffusers

Active skirts

Mass dampers

Flexing wings

S Ducts

Crashgate

Water cooled brake tanks

Burning oil for fuel

Spygate

...and these are the things that we know happened. There are surely others where nobody got noticed and got away with it. Especially before all the good video and live coverage that exposed so many of them. Who would have thought an on board camera would first notice the strange hand movements that led to the discovery of the F Duct?

If you can't appreciate it for the technology and/or racing, the scandal and rules changes in F1 can be almost like a made for TV soap opera or something.

8. Likes: Bagwan (6th July 2019)