Page 91 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1051
  1. #901
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,460
    Like
    5
    Liked 877 Times in 477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    but he was praising the car through all the 2016 season when competing on certain rounds, i will remember his words till the end of my life: "just wait till i get/compete in the 17 car"

    but this shows again that testing is another thing and real rally another, as some guys have told here the C3 indeed looked amazin on the tests but sucks on real stages
    It was quite amazing in Corsica for example, 2017. So you could say all the videos didn`t lie.

  2. #902
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    8,116
    Like
    3,620
    Liked 7,227 Times in 2,983 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

  3. Likes: AnttiL (25th August 2019),dimviii (25th August 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (25th August 2019),Ha3aP (25th August 2019),Mirek (26th August 2019),Morte66 (26th August 2019),the sniper (25th August 2019),TypeR (25th August 2019)
  4. #903
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    236
    Like
    100
    Liked 124 Times in 68 Posts
    It is incredible how poor the C3 is on asphalt these days. I think nobody has any objections if we say Ogier is one of the fastest if not the fastest asphalt drivers these days.

    This year in Corsica and Germany, both strong events for him previously. He is driving 4-6th place pace all rally. Incredible.

  5. #904
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,664
    Like
    3,357
    Liked 2,553 Times in 1,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    If it come from Meeke two years rally by rally - it was a Meeke fault? haha. Now french trust only to french
    At least Ogier isn´t crashing the car rally in rally out, like Meeke was.

    As a rally fan I can’t get why so many here seem to have pleasure bashing Citroen, some even wishing them to retire from the WRC. Maybe the day Toyota is left alone running the series (hope never, but their domination can become hurtful) people will regret the French cars absence.

    Hopefully in Turkey things will get better and Citroen drivers can be able to show a top pace, like they did in Finland, just 3 weeks ago. Meanwhile, let’s enjoy the PS.
    Rally addict since 1982

  6. Likes: AnttiL (25th August 2019),EstWRC (25th August 2019),the sniper (25th August 2019)
  7. #905
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,257
    Like
    249
    Liked 1,876 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    It is incredible how poor the C3 is on asphalt these days. I think nobody has any objections if we say Ogier is one of the fastest if not the fastest asphalt drivers these days.

    This year in Corsica and Germany, both strong events for him previously. He is driving 4-6th place pace all rally. Incredible.
    You could say the same about I20 with Loeb and Mikkelsen. Using 2018/2017 C3 as comparison.

  8. #906
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    236
    Like
    100
    Liked 124 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You could say the same about I20 with Loeb and Mikkelsen. Using 2018/2017 C3 as comparison.
    Absolutely. But Loeb is like 50 and his co-driver weighs like 200 pounds. A decline is pound to happen at some point.

    And Mikkelsen is Mikkelsen. Ogier is the reigning world champion, was the reigning winner in Corsica and was the 2nd fastest driver last year in Germany.

    Also, Mikkelsen does not have much excuses, Neuville and Sordo showing great pace with Hyundai on asphalt.

    Both Citröen drivers struggling mightily and showing utter frustration towards the car.

  9. Likes: er88 (25th August 2019),Morte66 (26th August 2019),Rallyper (25th August 2019)
  10. #907
    Senior Member KKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kyiv
    Posts
    5,317
    Like
    2,376
    Liked 1,370 Times in 811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    At least Ogier isn´t crashing the car rally in rally out, like Meeke was.

    As a rally fan I can’t get why so many here seem to have pleasure bashing Citroen, some even wishing them to retire from the WRC. Maybe the day Toyota is left alone running the series (hope never, but their domination can become hurtful) people will regret the French cars absence.

    Hopefully in Turkey things will get better and Citroen drivers can be able to show a top pace, like they did in Finland, just 3 weeks ago. Meanwhile, let’s enjoy the PS.
    Cuz they french! They build a car. two years they was told that it was all wrong. They disregard all and do the same.. result? C3WRC worst car.
    Than same team create C3R5 without brake bias at all. Why? Cuz it's their approach to make bad rally cars.

  11. #908
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    856
    Like
    262
    Liked 471 Times in 261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Cuz they french! They build a car. two years they was told that it was all wrong. They disregard all and do the same.. result? C3WRC worst car.
    Than same team create C3R5 without brake bias at all. Why? Cuz it's their approach to make bad rally cars.
    Didn't they win nine WDCs with Loeb?

  12. Likes: Rally Power (25th August 2019)
  13. #909
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,257
    Like
    249
    Liked 1,876 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    Absolutely. But Loeb is like 50 and his co-driver weighs like 200 pounds. A decline is pound to happen at some point.

    And Mikkelsen is Mikkelsen. Ogier is the reigning world champion, was the reigning winner in Corsica and was the 2nd fastest driver last year in Germany.
    Obviously we are not comparing Loeb 10 years ago but Loeb 2018 vs 2019.

    Similarly to Ogier, Mikkelsen was 2nd fastest in 2017.

    So technically (in terms of pace/stage times) Loeb/Mikkelsen drops are bigger that Ogier's. While their teammates have podium pace!!!

    My whole point with this comparison is that (some?) 2017+ cars seem to be rather tricky with setup/small changes.

  14. #910
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    236
    Like
    100
    Liked 124 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Obviously we are not comparing Loeb 10 years ago but Loeb 2018 vs 2019.

    Similarly to Ogier, Mikkelsen was 2nd fastest in 2017.

    So technically (in terms of pace/stage times) Loeb/Mikkelsen drops are bigger that Ogier's. While their teammates have podium pace!!!

    My whole point with this comparison is that (some?) 2017+ cars seem to be rather tricky with setup/small changes.
    I understand. My point is that while Hyundai seems to be a difficult car to set up. Citröen seems to have just utterly screwed up their car on asphalt where nobody seems to be able to set it up anymore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •