Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1049
    Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Νeuville vs Tanak at same corners.Watch at last plan how later is Neuvilles braking

https://youtu.be/eycSaPRb5CU
    I think it looks too close to say who is braking later. Cleary Tänak's brake lights are glowing way before he starts proper braking. Maybe it's just very touch sensitive when he is hovering foot over the brake pedal.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Smooth braking vs hard braking. Sometimes or even most of the times smooth is better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Smooth braking vs hard braking. Sometimes or even most of the times smooth is better.
    Who told you that bullshit?

Unless you lock up your wheels and damage the tyres, or brake too late and overshoot the ideal line, braking hard is always better.

Nobody breaks smooth, there are no advantages too it.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    According to this article Simone Scattolin, co-driver of Fabio Andolfi, suffered triple pelvis fracture and a broken rib in the accident on SS18. It's written there that they hit a tree by the right side of the car.
    https://www.rallyeslalom.com/fabio-a...te-sulla-ps18/
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 44 Times in 13 Posts
    Some statistics - comparing TOP 3 for the last 3 seasons with the current scoring system.

You can see that in 2019 Big 3 are dominating the championship more than they have in the past 2 seasons. They have amassed 46,72% of all the available points, compared to 42,67 in 2018 and 41,47 in 2017. At the moment Tänak has gathered 17,67% of all the available points.

Ogier in 2017 and Neuville in 2018 were leading the championship at 177 points (15,26 %) after the 10th rally of the season. Compared to those, Tänak's 205 is pretty impressive - still not close to Ogier's domination up to 2016.

Rally stats.JPG

So, things are promising for Tänak, but nothing is lost for Ogier and Neuville yet. Last season at the same time, Ogier was also at 3rd place

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnvs View Post
    I think it looks too close to say who is braking later. Cleary Tänak's brake lights are glowing way before he starts proper braking. Maybe it's just very touch sensitive when he is hovering foot over the brake pedal.
    As a reminder: https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/jari-m...art-of-braking
    Tänak is just feeling the grip and not stabbing the brakes

7. Likes: cali (26th August 2019),EstWRC (26th August 2019),pantealex (26th August 2019)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Who told you that bullshit?

Unless you lock up your wheels and damage the tyres, or brake too late and overshoot the ideal line, braking hard is always better.

Nobody breaks smooth, there are no advantages too it.
    Having done hobby/amateur racing on track, rally and ice circuit, i would also give very slight advantage to "smooth" braking. Of course, there are many who also have some experience (many much more) and would disagree, but thats where different drivind styles, different cars and different situations come to play. Smooth braking doesnt mean that it is not hard. At the peak, pedal is probably pressed down just as much. In my opinion, smooth braking gives more control over the speed and balance of car at which it enters the turn. When braking looks like 0%-100%-0%, then it is somewhat harder to hit that exact moment when speed is optimal. Also, at hard braking suspension is compressed quite lot, when suddenly releasing (depends also on rebound settings) then change in available traction is more sudden. On track i usually brake like 0%-100%-30%-0%. On loose stuff it is anyway game of balancing on the edge of traction, so variations are different, usually nobody brakes pedal-to-the-metal unless you are facing something really scary and survival instincts take over. In gocarting, it is very clearly visible who is "hard" braking and who is smooth. Hard braking guys usually have visually very aggressive driving style, they wobble in the turns, slide around etc while smooth braking guys only slide at very sharp turns using slide to aid turning. Many years back i was such aggressive guy and despite all i tried, i got solidly beaten by very smooth schoolmate - who in later years became our national champ in track racing. Since then i also tried to be less aggressive on braking and IMHO it has helped me to be better driver.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (26th August 2019),cali (26th August 2019),EstWRC (26th August 2019),Jewy46 (26th August 2019),lnvs (26th August 2019),marcosg (26th August 2019),pantealex (26th August 2019),sindroms (26th August 2019),stefanvv (26th August 2019),Tauri_J (26th August 2019)
    Liked 1,023 Times in 293 Posts
    My gallery: http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_best...land_2019.html
    A perfect week at ADAC Rallye Deutschland again.

11. Likes: Ha3aP (26th August 2019),pantealex (26th August 2019)
    Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    We went for 3 days again. Good rally! Enjoyed our 'home' WRC Rally once again. Let's hope it won't be the last one!

Some more at our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/rallymed...=page_internal
    Joost his video, probably posted already, but just to make sure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD0vEI6fAkc

13. Likes: eib1 (26th August 2019),EstWRC (26th August 2019),Mirek (26th August 2019),NielsH (26th August 2019),NOT (26th August 2019),pantealex (26th August 2019),Rally Power (26th August 2019),the sniper (26th August 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    Having done hobby/amateur racing on track, rally and ice circuit, i would also give very slight advantage to "smooth" braking. Of course, there are many who also have some experience (many much more) and would disagree, but thats where different drivind styles, different cars and different situations come to play. Smooth braking doesnt mean that it is not hard. At the peak, pedal is probably pressed down just as much. In my opinion, smooth braking gives more control over the speed and balance of car at which it enters the turn. When braking looks like 0%-100%-0%, then it is somewhat harder to hit that exact moment when speed is optimal. Also, at hard braking suspension is compressed quite lot, when suddenly releasing (depends also on rebound settings) then change in available traction is more sudden. On track i usually brake like 0%-100%-30%-0%. On loose stuff it is anyway game of balancing on the edge of traction, so variations are different, usually nobody brakes pedal-to-the-metal unless you are facing something really scary and survival instincts take over. In gocarting, it is very clearly visible who is "hard" braking and who is smooth. Hard braking guys usually have visually very aggressive driving style, they wobble in the turns, slide around etc while smooth braking guys only slide at very sharp turns using slide to aid turning. Many years back i was such aggressive guy and despite all i tried, i got solidly beaten by very smooth schoolmate - who in later years became our national champ in track racing. Since then i also tried to be less aggressive on braking and IMHO it has helped me to be better driver.
    Thanks mate! That's exactly what I was referring to but we have here some boneheaded internet warriors who clearly are very good at starting a spitting contest. So I must warn you - they're coming after you for speaking out!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

15. Likes: pantealex (26th August 2019),Rally Power (26th August 2019)