Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    All teams do their previews always on the Friday before the rally. Usually M-Sport is late with their press release. Now it seems Citroen is the last one.

https://toyotagazooracing.com/releas...0-preview.html
    https://motorsport.hyundai.com/homeward-bound-2/

Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    also video preview from Toyota https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMjtYRycWvg
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Princen ds3

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Princen ds3

I wonder if there is some way that word could be gotten to team Pricipals/bosses/marketing people that black wheels, an unfortunate and very stupid fad carried over from only god knows where, are fugly as fawk...and makes even experience fans instantly suspect of the team..One naturally wonders "are these guys serious, or just poseur girlie men like those roadracers if they follow roadracer fashion fads?"

Who makes the decisions to do this?

There is a nice clear photo and you cannot 'see' the wheel right in front of your nose.. Logically you would think that the wheel manufacturer would like their products seen being used in high level competition, so why would they make them virtually disappear? Since it doesn't make sense, it must have come from some marketing or 'styling' person..
    Bleeeeech.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    [SARCASM] You suggest we go back to tires with white sidewalls so we can see them better? [/SARCASM]

While I see your point, it just isn't such a big deal for me.

6. Likes: pantealex (18th August 2019)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    short preview clip of the long one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU2J83uYbzw

i hope for a really close fight like in Finland or last year here at Rally Germany between Tänak and Ogier until Ogiers puncture. One thing what i want to see is how Tänak handles the pressure if he is pushed right until the last stage. Or vice versa, when he has to push to catch up, although at the moment he would happily take 2nd or 3rd with PS points rather than pushing for the win. Anyway, like i said, hoping for a really close fight until the end between the TOP3.

Outside the TOP3 i cant really see anyone challenging them, Latvala and Sordo have good records here but their starting position is a disadvantage on friday. Shame that we dont have Elfyn.

Also the big question is have Toyota finally found a solution to their suspension/rim problem and how is Citroen bouncing back from unsuccessful Corsica.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: AnttiL (19th August 2019),tr4m (19th August 2019)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Agree that Citroen and Ogier especially is under some pressure here. This is seemingly his best chance to catch up to Tanak (for Neuville it is Turkey). Before Corsica everyone was expecting Ogier with C3 to dominate there and in the end C3 was probably overall the slowest car. I think he should manage to fight in top 3 from start, main issue in Corsica seemed to be that they focused all setup/testing on that long stage with different surface, should not happen twice.

We could see Tanak get pushed in Corsica by Evans and consequently he took a risky cut and got puncture (same as Latvala, while Meeke had "don't cut"), so he is not a robot.

Neuville and Hyundai is another huge unknown. Though in Germany there are not that many mid-speed corners/stages where Hyundai typically has struggled, so he could still be high up even if they didn't do big improvements.

What I recommend everyone is to closely follow SD/SS1 and especially SS9/11 Romerstrasse where Hyundai struggled massively last year being last 3 WRCs without issues on both passes: (https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2018/?s=181177). Citroen on the other hand has been very good on this stage both in 2017 and 2018. Imo the characteristics of the stage (straight-90 deg-straight) make engine and mechanical grip most important.

------------------

I have to correct you on Sordo who actually has really bad recent record here crashing out both in 2018 and 2017. Both times from podium though.

Before Sardinia there was an argument here where people said how nobody else than the top3 has a chance for podium... and in the end none of them were on podium for the first time of the year. So things can happen.
    Last edited by mknight; 19th August 2019 at 09:33.

10. Likes: AnttiL (19th August 2019)
    Liked 57 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Hey guys, since it's my first time visiting this rally (& the first time since Corsica 2015), I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions to enjoy it to the fullest? (if it's the nicest or easiest stages to access and stuff like that).
    I love the vineyards on Friday. There are also less people on Friday.

Might not be practical for you, but I'm taking my mountainbike again this year. Means that it's no problem to park a bit further away.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Princen's DS3 WRC crashed and caught fire

Liked 1,478 Times in 843 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swanny View Post
    I love the vineyards on Friday. There are also less people on Friday.

Might not be practical for you, but I'm taking my mountainbike again this year. Means that it's no problem to park a bit further away.
    Thanks for answering, any more tips?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig