Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Looking for NOT

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Lost in translation maybe, but T16 wasn't asking you to condemn NOT, he was asking if you condone the use of NOT's habit of calling people autistic. Autism being an illness, a condition, rather than just calling people out for being a bit thick.
    Ok. Yes. Lost a bit. Still it means it was asked what my opinion was, right? And my answer is I never liked people being silenced ...

(or use synonym for condone if I missed translation again...)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Ok. Yes. Lost a bit. Still it means it was asked what my opinion was, right? And my answer is I never liked people being silenced ...

(or use synonym for condone if I missed translation again...)
    I don't think the powers that be have a problem with freedom of speech, I think they gave NOT a long enough rope before it was finally decided to ban him.
    But there is freedom of speech and there is overstepping the mark. What next? Would he call people he thought a bit a bit slow as having a brain tumor, and would that be ok with you?

He never called me autistic directly, if he did then I may well have said no, mild Asperger's actually. Did I get offended by him calling people autistic, no. I have a very thick skin but many people haven't.

3. Likes: AnttiL (24th June 2019),kirungi okwogera (26th June 2019),T16 (24th June 2019)
    Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    I actually find using a group of people to mock other people more offending to that group than to those who were mocked.

Liked 16 Times in 5 Posts
    I'd say a member that has generated almost 75 posts about his absence is someone that desearves respect. I acknowledge he was a bit "pushy" sometimes, but he seemed to be a member with wealth of knowledge in WRC in general. I miss him (and I am one of those that mostly reads rather than writes in this forum...)

6. Likes: Augury (24th June 2019),cali (24th June 2019),EstWRC (24th June 2019),kirungi okwogera (26th June 2019),Rallyper (24th June 2019),the sniper (24th June 2019)
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    #bringbacknot

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jajá View Post
    I'd say a member that has generated almost 75 posts about his absence is someone that desearves respect. I acknowledge he was a bit "pushy" sometimes, but he seemed to be a member with wealth of knowledge in WRC in general. I miss him (and I am one of those that mostly reads rather than writes in this forum...)
    I strongly disagree with your assumption that he had "wealth of knowledge in WRC in general" or for that matter any level of rally....I have read his crap since around 2003 or 04... As far as I could see he NEVER said anything about technical aspects of the cars, the culture of the sport, team interactions..anything except endless, continual endless stream of contempt at drivers, co-drivers, team management, spectators, whole nations, members opinions and members as people...

He intensely avoided answering questions about how he had gained such extensive knowledge to make such contemptuous condemnations, if he had ever competed in any motorport, or assisted in motorsport in any capacity, or even attended any motorsport of any sort ever
    His silence on that was the answer.

In over 15 years there was no sign of growth or maturity..Thousands and thousands of posts 99.7% pure hate for everything and everybody...One member sent me a photo of him 10 years ago... It showed a very angry men. Small and with slight build glaring at the camera... A sad human being. A cliché.

He was banned for a number or years once before and for the same insulting behavior here..Full disclosure means I have to say I was also banned for some years following 'chit chat" discussions with a couple of American neo-con war-mongers and racists during the Bush war "discussions". They evidently complained to the very immoderate modertors better than I could. Solution was to avoid commenting at all in chit chat and be far more cautious here...
    But NOT's one and only mode of expression of anything here was arrogance and contempt. Never a comment resembling a fan in any general sense..never sarcasm, parody, irony, wry observation, just hate.

Sorry but that is not "a wealth of knowledge".
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

9. Likes: AnttiL (24th June 2019),br21 (24th June 2019),Crazy J (26th June 2019),doubled1978 (24th June 2019),Entertainer (24th June 2019),pantealex (27th June 2019),seb_sh (24th June 2019),stefanvv (24th June 2019),SubaruNorway (24th June 2019)
    I strongly would say, even though the expressions was very harsh sometimes, those who read them literally, missed the between lines that was hidden in his quotes.

However Wednesday evening CET, I´ll close this thread with some more comments of my own. After that we´ll end this story or whatever it´s called.

So make your voice heard in the "NOT thread" before it´s too late..

11. Likes: the sniper (24th June 2019),tommeke_B (24th June 2019)
    However Wednesday evening CET, I´ll close this thread with some more comments of my own. After that we´ll end this story or whatever it´s called.
    Where did the freedom of speech go?

Quote Originally Posted by Googol View Post
    Where did the freedom of speech go?
    Well, freedom of speach, is still here in that sence. You are free to start a thread of NOT yourself. I´ll close this one.

Well, freedom of speach, is still here in that sence. You are free to start a thread of NOT yourself. I´ll close this one.
    And NOT can post his idiotism elsewhere. So what was your problem?