Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Looking for NOT

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Looking for NOT

We’ve all had our say but at the end of the day we aren’t a government department so freedom of speech isn’t a thing. We’ve let it go this far .

Have to say personally, I liked NOT he was given chances for over a decade, literally!
    Last edited by Mark; 24th June 2019 at 20:47.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

2. Likes: cali (25th June 2019),tommeke_B (24th June 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So make your voice heard in the "NOT thread" before it´s too late..
    He'd been in the ignore list for quite some time. Speaks enough. I don't get all this fuss, the forum present it's own options to ignore somebody who has nothing constructive to say, even as a fan. If even the mods had enough, good riddance, less browsing on the pages. No more than the average internet troll.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 24th June 2019 at 20:48.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Have to say personally, I liked NOT he was given chances for over a decade, literally!

Exactly, he’s been warned several times and never took those warnings seriously. He asked for it, that’s all !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I haven't posted in a while, mainly working a lot of overtime so low energy to engage here, but I keep reading the forum and wanted to chip in.

I think that any group of people decides officially or non officially on a set of rules that members must adhere to in order to be part of a group. Over time I've reported a few of NOT's posts where I think he went over the line (for personal attacks and childish insults) and most of them have been removed. He is, along with a couple of others, on my ignore list but sometimes his posts do show up in quotes by other people. I appreciate he was a very active member and contributor to the discussions on this forum.

However I don't think that being active and posting a lot is enough. Many of those posts were dribble. Sure some were funny and I appreciate a bit of banter but often it was very low brow 'humor'. It's not the kind of discussions that I want to be part of. I think letting someone act like that in a group of passionate and knowledgeable people lowers the level of discussion. I'm just a fan and I appreciate that this forum exists and has members who post technical analysis or are part of the sport I love and have actual first hand experience and post here. Freedom of speech or freedom in general is great but it doesn't mean constant toxic behavior is ok. "You're wrong because x and y" is different to "your <insert nationality> autism is showing".

I won't miss the village idiot, plenty more where he came from.

6. Likes: itix (4th July 2019)
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    I haven't posted in a while, mainly working a lot of overtime so low energy to engage here, but I keep reading the forum and wanted to chip in.

I think that any group of people decides officially or non officially on a set of rules that members must adhere to in order to be part of a group. Over time I've reported a few of NOT's posts where I think he went over the line (for personal attacks and childish insults) and most of them have been removed. He is, along with a couple of others, on my ignore list but sometimes his posts do show up in quotes by other people. I appreciate he was a very active member and contributor to the discussions on this forum.

However I don't think that being active and posting a lot is enough. Many of those posts were dribble. Sure some were funny and I appreciate a bit of banter but often it was very low brow 'humor'. It's not the kind of discussions that I want to be part of. I think letting someone act like that in a group of passionate and knowledgeable people lowers the level of discussion. I'm just a fan and I appreciate that this forum exists and has members who post technical analysis or are part of the sport I love and have actual first hand experience and post here. Freedom of speech or freedom in general is great but it doesn't mean constant toxic behavior is ok. "You're wrong because x and y" is different to "your <insert nationality> autism is showing".

I won't miss the village idiot, plenty more where he came from.
    what's this if not an insult with: I won't miss the village idiot, plenty more where he came from ?!?

8. Likes: EstWRC (24th June 2019),Rallyper (25th June 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis View Post
    what's this if not an insult with: I won't miss the village idiot, plenty more where he came from ?!?
    So now suddenly we are offended?

i didn't report it

11. Likes: Rallyper (25th June 2019),seb_sh (24th June 2019)
    i didn't report it
    one point I see coming from this thread is that there is a line, but maybe it should be clearer.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    We need more of these on this thread, otherwise I might be thinking I'm in a parallel universe now. So much nice words, I'm all in tears... I know he is pitiful, but still...
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

we should remove this report click from the forum and have strong debates. what's wrong with that?! ten years ago i had fights with some Finns and ok. (i miss A.F.F. where is he?!) and #bringbacknot