Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for NOT

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    #bringbackNOT

Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    If you are missing NOT so much, just use some random sentence generator using words like "sick", "dog", "autistic", "retarded" in combination with random nationalities and random forums users. Run this generator every 5 minutes and it will create about as much useful content as NOT ever did.

3. Likes: Crazy J (26th June 2019),GravelBen (23rd June 2019),JUF (23rd June 2019),skarderud (24th June 2019),stefanvv (23rd June 2019)
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Rumour has it he was abducted by aliens to see just what made him tick

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    If you are missing NOT so much, just use some random sentence generator using words like "sick", "dog", "autistic", "retarded" in combination with random nationalities and random forums users. Run this generator every 5 minutes and it will create about as much useful content as NOT ever did.
    Ok. I´ll put you on the list of negatives that didn´t like NOT. However reading everything as black and white make you miss the lines between. They are many, from all of us forumers, now and then. Pity for you.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Ok. I´ll put you on the list of negatives that didn´t like NOT. However reading everything as black and white make you miss the lines between. They are many, from all of us forumers, now and then. Pity for you.
    Rallyper, I haven’t seen you criticise NOT for his mocking of autism, or even acknowledge that it’s unacceptable.
    Are you condoning it?
    Last edited by T16; 23rd June 2019 at 14:50.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Rallyper, I haven’t seen you criticise NOT for his mocking of autism, or even acknowledge that it’s unacceptable.
    Are you condoning it?
    All humans are equal, though there are different ways of solving problems. As I´m not perfect myself I´d never condemn anyone and certainly not after being requested to do that.
    My thoughts of this matter is that (this) forums had a non-transparent level or godlike humans deciding what to do and say, without any transparancy. I don´t like it either, just like other forumers said.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    NOT will not be missed by this forum member. His negative contributions added nothing constructive to the feedback. His constant putdowns of drivers when they had one or two bad results were just unnecessary dull-witted comments. Mocking teams before they even started to compete showed a real lack of understanding of the sport. An example being Toyota and TMR, his total put-down of them as village idiots before they even turned a wheel in competition simply made him look like an ignoramus.
    I believe NOT is the ‘sick dog’ and being forced off this forum will hopefully benefit him. His mental health will hopefully improve now he’s not trapped in front of his computer waging his personal ‘tall-poppy syndrome’ war.
    My personal advice to him (and we know you will be reading this NOT) is to buy a surfboard or a mountain bike and see what life is like beyond a computer screen. Good luck.
    Last edited by Maui J.; 24th June 2019 at 00:47.

9. Likes: seb_sh (24th June 2019)
    Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Saying

All humans are equal
    in post that is defending NOT sounds funny.

11. Likes: Entertainer (24th June 2019)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    So everyone speaking words you get offended of shall be silenced then? On forum you choose who you listen to or follow or whatever... Let´s keep it that way.

I can agree on that politics is not for this forum, however free spoken words is for sure important, here as well as in society.
    One could try to chose it, by putting users on "ignore" lists. That works until someone quotes that user and it shows.
    Also, on a forum you have to follow the forum rules. And I quote:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    You can say what you want, but there were posts made that fell in to this.

13. Likes: AnttiL (24th June 2019),skarderud (24th June 2019)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    All humans are equal, though there are different ways of solving problems. As I´m not perfect myself I´d never condemn anyone and certainly not after being requested to do that.
    My thoughts of this matter is that (this) forums had a non-transparent level or godlike humans deciding what to do and say, without any transparancy. I don´t like it either, just like other forumers said.
    Lost in translation maybe, but T16 wasn't asking you to condemn NOT, he was asking if you condone the use of NOT's habit of calling people autistic. Autism being an illness, a condition, rather than just calling people out for being a bit thick.

Edit: and reading the post above with your first quote in it, political correctness has nothing to do with politics per say. It means, as I've stated above, calling someone that maybe is lacking in intelligence, or common sense, that they are autistic, is not politically correct.
    Last edited by Norm75; 24th June 2019 at 09:55.

15. Likes: AnttiL (24th June 2019),Rallyper (24th June 2019),T16 (24th June 2019)