Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Vettel messes up. Blames it on a phsntom missed upshift. Lol
    At least Ricciardo saved renault from embarrassment. Gasly needs to step it up. Is it him or is he getting the stepchild treatment from the tesm in favor of their golden boy.
    Stroll continues to be unworthy of an F1 seat.
    Renault have bigger problems than they are letting on. It is difficult to say whether the Honda engine is better than the Renault at the moment. One thing is clear, the chassis of Mclaren or Renault is not anywhere as good as that of the Redbull. Hence, there is a chance that the Renault engine is capable of mixing it with the Honda engine. But say a lot about how bad the Renault chassis is.

I think patience is starting to run out for Gasly. He could lose his seat before the season is out. But who are they going to put in the car, Kyvat or Albon. My money is on Kyvat. I would love to see how Kyvat measures up to Verstapenn. I think Verstapenn may have him for breakfast really.

Stroll is becoming an embarrassment for Racing Point. Otman is running out of excuses frankly.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd June 2019 at 17:03.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Impatience is the hallmark of the double World champion's personality unfortunately. He seem to forget that his double world titles came from progressive developments at Renault.
    Yeah i agree. He would have enjoyed driving this year's mclaren. Tbh I think he had worn out his welcome at ferrari and was probably beyond frustrated at mclaren. But there have been multiple reports that he had a very strong influence behind the scenes on the development process of those cars from peferred staff to actual design element choices

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Fantastic showing by Mclaren. They deserve to celebrate that.

Bummer for Seb. I think he's still screwed in the head over the Canada thing, but really it was of his own doing.

I will be interesting to see if Leclerc can stay in the hunt and maybe move up. But with Max behind him and stronger in the twisty stuff, that could be a move down as well. I think it all comes to how well Bottas does. Lewis seems fairly in control to stay up front, and always seems to be able to handle the pressure unless Merc screws it up.

Agree that Gasly might be on thin ice soon, but I don't think any option is going to challenge Max at the moment. He has matured a lot in a short period of time, and with the right car I think he's become WDC material. He still makes mistakes, but a lot fewer and farther between.

4. Likes: Duncan (22nd June 2019)
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Great result for McLaren; they seemed very pleased with this result themselves. At this point, they're looking like they have overhauled the factory Renault team, but it might take a few more races before that is definitely cemented. Next stop - let's see if they can start to consistently challenge RBR.

Meanwhile, Vettel just seems to be having a bit of a meltdown. He does seem to have episodes where he just can't get his head in the game, and we might have hit that point for the season already. Tomorrow will be interesting to see how he can do.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

I think patience is starting to run out for Gasly. He could lose his seat before the season is out. But who are they going to put in the car, Kyvat or Albon. My money is on Kyvat. I would love to see how Kyvat measures up to Verstapenn. I think Verstapenn may have him for breakfast really.
    Maybe they should consider J.E. Vergne, who's driving extremely well in Formula E these past two seasons and was actually better than Kvyat when they were team-mates at STR.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Maybe they should consider J.E. Vergne, who's driving extremely well in Formula E these past two seasons and was actually better than Kvyat when they were team-mates at STR.
    I agree, but l heard Vergne burnt bridges with Redbull. In F1, anything is possible. Werhlein is also a good possibility.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd June 2019 at 00:34.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    0.286 is the biggest margin Hamilton has had over Bottas in qualifying this year. Bottas blamed a supposed change of direction of the wind. This seems bit much to comprehend for me, but it was validated by Rosberg in his YT video.

Qualifying will only be relevant if it's the same order after the race settles down.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Vettel messes up. Blames it on a phsntom missed upshift. Lol
    Great result for mclaren. Either Alonso is cursed or there is something about his overall persona and requirements that hampers teams in his stints at Ferrari and Mclaren.
    Aside from the fact he's still a McLaren driver, has contributed to the current car, and will do so for their next two cars. Considering he had 32pts at this time last year and Sainz/Stroll have 30pts between them atm. I'd say probably not.

Once he leaves, the teams immediately become better.
    This gives me a thread idea.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Aside from the fact he's still a McLaren driver, has contributed to the current car, and will do so for their next two cars. Considering he had 32pts at this time last year and Sainz/Stroll have 30pts between them atm. I'd say probably not.
    I agree Alonso would have more points than both Mclaren driver combined at this stage. Alonso in the Mclaren at this weekend, may have pushed the Mclaren higher than 5th, l think. The point is, he is not in the car when he should be.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Yeah, I'm in your camp on this one!
    May the forza be with you