Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    You know it's been a terrible race when waiting for the post-race penalties is more exciting than the race itself.

I'm quite OK with the penalties for Ricciardo as both were fairly clear-cut. After it's been pointed out that the stewards had no chance but to punish Vettel in the Canadian GP according to the letter of the law, the incident with Ricciardo and Norris is very straightforward, especially when you consider that it was a much worse situation as he caused Lando to lose three or four positions. On top of that, the pass on Räikkönen is the kind of move that we've already seen punished, such as the case with Verstappen in Austin a couple of years ago.

You may not agree with the way the regulations are written, but with them as they are, these have been the right calls from the stewards, and also consistent with previous decisions.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Hopefully he'll come back strong in Austria, he needs to come back strong to keep his seat for next year.
    Austria will be interesting in this regard, as it is a track where Hamilton has never done particularly well (only one win in five attempts), whereas Bottas always seems to excel there.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    You know it's been a terrible race when waiting for the post-race penalties is more exciting than the race itself.

I'm quite OK with the penalties for Ricciardo as both were fairly clear-cut. After it's been pointed out that the stewards had no chance but to punish Vettel in the Canadian GP according to the letter of the law, the incident with Ricciardo and Norris is very straightforward, especially when you consider that it was a much worse situation as he caused Lando to lose three or four positions. On top of that, the pass on Räikkönen is the kind of move that we've already seen punished, such as the case with Verstappen in Austin a couple of years ago.

You may not agree with the way the regulations are written, but with them as they are, these have been the right calls from the stewards, and also consistent with previous decisions.
    I’m okay with these penalties as well as at least it’s consistent with Canada and other races. I think his finishing position should have been swapped with Lando though if we were being really fair and both drivers would have received very well deserved points as well but those aren’t the rules. Inconsistency in penalties boils my piss more than anything else so the penalties are fine for me.

4. Likes: truefan72 (24th June 2019)
    Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    Hi

a few shots from last friday

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmEta581

6. Likes: Duncan (24th June 2019),N. Jones (24th June 2019)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Provisionally, I don't have a problem with Ricciardo's penalties. I do think Norris didn't really try his best to get back on track. It didn't seem to take much to encourage him to go off track.

Idk if it's been discussed elsewhere, but should be Raikkonen done for cutting the corner as well, therefor nullifying Ricciardo's penalties for getting by him?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Provisionally, I don't have a problem with Ricciardo's penalties. I do think Norris didn't really try his best to get back on track. It didn't seem to take much to encourage him to go off track.

Idk if it's been discussed elsewhere, but should be Raikkonen done for cutting the corner as well, therefor nullifying Ricciardo's penalties for getting by him?
    You are gonna have to provide a better evidence than that to support your argument. Based on that pic, Kimi has nothing to answer for.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th June 2019 at 15:30.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    It's the only pic I could find atm.