Page 115 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1238
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Last edited by EstWRC; 6th October 2019 at 17:18.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Paddon also had a very slow time on the power stage, not that it would make any difference, but still...
    Apparently turbo hose came off.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This years event has been a shambles, the MSA should be ashamed. The lack of advertising compared to previous years very noticable, I'm certain some car parks were smaller this year, could be wrong on that. The sea around the orme looked no worse than previous years if I'm honest. The price increase, I haven't for weeks been able to purchase tickets via my mobile only laptop, useless if you're buying them on the move as I normally do as work dictates when I can go during the event.
    Oulton park by all accounts was poorly thought out, couldn't see much in the dark. The whole point of these stages is all people can see as much of the action as possible surely? Attracting new fans who don't want to venture into the woods. Super saturday, how so? Impossible for most to see all the action on one stage and make it to Colwyn Bay in time, so why the added premium?

All in all, this event has been run down in order to make their excuses and chase more cash in Northern Ireland, as a Welsh tax payer and should any such move happen I'll be pleading with my government rep to chase the MSA for this years sponsorship money! Moving away from major populated areas to somewhere even more remote. The first year will be a success as it's something new after that I can't see it. Crossing the Irish sea via ferry in the autumn months could go either way at the drop of a hat depending on the wind.

If they were honest about a move and did a proper job fair enough. Always one step forward two steps back.

4. Likes: Eli (6th October 2019)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Neuville must learn, how to be fast at first stages at Friday
    Almost always he starts average,and upping his pace at next stages,sometimes at Saturday.
    Against Tanak, you dont have a chance like that.

something totally opposite is Meeke.He starts fast,and fading as the rally progress.

6. Likes: AnttiL (6th October 2019)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    It's not over when it's over... it's especially true when you driving a Toyota.

Math - at the moment, if Ogier takes everything from table (30+30), then Tänak need to collect 32 points more. Basically it means 2 more podiums or 4-5th with really good PS points. Current situation is good, but it's not an easy task.
    Of course it is not over...but now Ott in Spain has the luxury to just drive and watch what Ogier and Neuville are doing and set his pace according to them, while Ogier and Neuville (especially) have to go flat out to get maximum points.

Ogier sounds quite frustrated in an interview to estonian media. Says he gave absolutely everything on power stage, drove like a madman and if he would have driven the same way all the other days he would have crashed, but in the end Ott was still faster than him.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 6th October 2019 at 18:46.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Let's face it: the game's over. There's no stopping Tänak. He won't screw it himself, and not even the Yaris would fail him in two consecutive rallies.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Too early... has happened before.

10. Likes: BleAivano (7th October 2019),steve.mandzij (7th October 2019)
    Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Let's face it: the game's over. There's no stopping Tänak. He won't screw it himself, and not even the Yaris would fail him in two consecutive rallies.
    Who knows, a retirement is possible in Catalunya, and if Ogier gets maximum points, they're almost even going to Australia. Unlikely, but I'm not calling it finished just yet. Neuville however I wouldn't consider a candidate anymore.

It's unlikely though

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Neuville must learn, how to be fast at first stages at Friday
    Almost always he starts average,and upping his pace at next stages,sometimes at Saturday.
    Against Tanak, you dont have a chance like that.

something totally opposite is Meeke.He starts fast,and fading as the rally progress.
    I actually think this is a Hyundai issue, for last 2 years it's quite common occurrence that they are not on pace on friday morning.

This year (just like last year), both Neuville and Mikkelsen were complaining about the car on first loop on friday, and Mikkelsen lost basically all his 20s to Meeke during those few stages. (On top of that Neuville lost time in the evening stage where it was starting to get dark.). The explanation was that they didn't have wet (enough) conditions in the test, but as I said this repeats all the time.

Setup is one thing, car itself is another. Hyundai and Citroen have lagged behind Toyota on "smooth/slippery" first passes on just about all rallies, easiest comparison with GB is Chile. Basically whole GB was relatively smooth and slippery so in that sense they were much closer than before.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    I think it's now more a matter of when rather than if Tanak wins the championship, hands down he has been the best driver of the three winning six events! Neuville hasn't won since Argentina back in April...and even a podium is distant memory back in Portugal in May, was he asleep this entire time? he can't be serious about a championship contention and only now waking up seeing it's too little, too late....and a good word for Mikkelsen, yes he has lost the battle to Evans, but for someone who hasn't done all rounds this year and still remain 4th in the championship is a step-up for him (& luckily for Hyundai) after 2018.
    As for Ogier, I bet he's cursing the moment he signed for Citroen, it's the C3's third year and even with Sebastien, they still haven't found a solution to make that car work in all conditions...to win a championship you have to have the entire package, Ogier knows this and does seem really frustrated, I mean, he pushed like hell in the power stage and still Tanak was 0.5 second faster (and that's before I've mentioned Lappi....who hasn't delivered this weekend..and hasn't taken almost any points from Ogier's rivals)....

If you look at where they stand now (points wise) compared to last year, you'll actually see there's not a huge difference for Ogier & Neuville, however what makes Ott stand out is the fact that he and that Yaris are in perfect tune like Ogier himself was back in the Polo, and Loeb with the Xsara,C4,& DS3...and if Citroen don't pick up the glove next year then they can call it quits.

The most intriguing (IMHO) battle left to play out for the season is the Manu. title. I really hope to see Hyundai win it, because I don't want to see them leave (and Adamo with them).

Again, this is just how I see it, I totally understand if some of you may not agree, hopefully I'm wrong and we'll see this title fight go down to the wire down under (between Ogier & Tanak)...anyhow, we'll be wiser in three weeks time, as someone mentioned before, Tanak only need 2 points more than Ogier to clinch his first WDC.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig