Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1246
  1. #11
    Senior Member skarderud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lillehammer
    Posts
    979
    Like
    863
    Liked 426 Times in 198 Posts
    Oliver Solberg is testing in Wales these days, he turns 18 10 days before rally GB, maybe.....?

    Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

    KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

  2. Likes: Esko (12th June 2019),Micke_VOC (13th June 2019)
  3. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    743
    Like
    3,042
    Liked 858 Times in 359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Oliver Solberg is testing in Wales these days, he turns 18 10 days before rally GB, maybe.....?
    You can drive here in the UK when you're 17. I was disappointed not to see him last year! Hopefully it's a sure thing.

  4. #13
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,449
    Like
    4,863
    Liked 5,819 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    You can drive here in the UK when you're 17. I was disappointed not to see him last year! Hopefully it's a sure thing.
    WRC events require you to have a driving license of your own country. So either he would have needed an English driving license or a special permission from his own country to get the license earlier (like Kalle)

  5. Likes: the sniper (12th June 2019)
  6. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v s k y l
    Posts
    2,965
    Like
    12,744
    Liked 1,514 Times in 737 Posts
    Solberg family have anounced last year that Oliver is starting WRC GB this year...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  7. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    893
    Like
    313
    Liked 502 Times in 275 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    WRC events require you to have a driving license of your own country. So either he would have needed an English driving license or a special permission from his own country to get the license earlier (like Kalle)
    It may have changed since, but I remember Mikkelsen taking his UK test and driving Rally GB just a few days after. He was also allowed to drive earlier than the Norwegian minimum age of 18 for rally Norway after getting special dispensation from the King, whilst he was still 17.

  8. Likes: the sniper (12th June 2019)
  9. #16
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,449
    Like
    4,863
    Liked 5,819 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    It may have changed since, but I remember Mikkelsen taking his UK test and driving Rally GB just a few days after. He was also allowed to drive earlier than the Norwegian minimum age of 18 for rally Norway after getting special dispensation from the King, whilst he was still 17.
    Yeah, I got confused in my own post. You need a license and you need to be old enough to drive in the country of the rally, but you don't need to have the license from your own country. So if you are 17 and and have a license from your own country, you can drive in the UK, but not in Sweden for example.

  10. Likes: T16 (12th June 2019)
  11. #17
    Senior Member KKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kyiv
    Posts
    5,509
    Like
    2,504
    Liked 1,450 Times in 855 Posts
    Oliver planned to receive a driver licence in May26+120days
    https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/...17066941861888

    He will be 18yrs old at 23-09-2019 so he will do a Wales rally GB

  12. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    893
    Like
    313
    Liked 502 Times in 275 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Oliver planned to receive a driver licence in May26+120days
    https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/...17066941861888

    He will be 18yrs old at 23-09-2019 so he will do a Wales rally GB
    He doesnt need to be 18. He needs to be 17.

  13. Likes: pantealex (12th June 2019)
  14. #19
    Senior Member KKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kyiv
    Posts
    5,509
    Like
    2,504
    Liked 1,450 Times in 855 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    He doesn’t need to be 18. He needs to be 17.
    He need to be 18yrs old to get a Norwegian driver licence

  15. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v s k y l
    Posts
    2,965
    Like
    12,744
    Liked 1,514 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    He need to be 18yrs old to get a Norwegian driver licence
    Yes, but that has nothing to with his WRC GB entry.

    Last year he was 17y one week before the WRC GB but that was little bit too soon/late because driving exams and recce etc. Just one more week and he would have entered last year.

    17y is enough for WRC GB entry.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  16. Likes: the sniper (13th June 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •