Page 4 of 124 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Great finale for Petter to finish at WRGB where he had no much success. And to have his son there too will be really special for them both.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    While stage times are not really the biggest priority it will still be interesting to see how they compare with each other.

It's not an easy pick at all. Petter has shown in Spain that he can be top 5 on gravel. Oliver has had really good speed in Latvia/Estonia but it would be his first time in GB and he must learn and keep it on the road as main priority. So it might be quite close, if I had to pick I'd actually say Petter will be a bit faster.

3. Likes: Katvala (25th July 2019),pantealex (24th July 2019)
    Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts

Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Good morning everyone!
    Is it too late to plan attendance for this Rally, or I can still jump on a train?
    That would be my first RallyGB, so, no previous experience here. But at least, I have been in GB and driven RHD car.
    So, if it's still not too late, maybe there are some advices?
    Thank you!

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    I doubt it's too late. Something to bear in mind with Rally GB is the area covered by the rally and the amount of time it takes to get around. Play around with Google Maps to appreciate journey times and arrange accommodation accordingly. Also be aware of the way stages are accessed here. Usually an official 'car park' will take the form of accessing a forestry track that'll take you up into the forest to the stage. The 'head' of the car park will be at or very near the stage, but will start filling up from the night before, meaning that if you arrive late (an hour or two before the stage starts), depending on the stage, you could have a steep walk of up to an hour to just get to the stage!

Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Well, night camping on stages is not the plan, because we would fly in and luggage space is limited.
    But stage access rules are really so strict, that you can't get nowhere, except designated areas?

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolx View Post
    Well, night camping on stages is not the plan, because we would fly in and luggage space is limited.
    But stage access rules are really so strict, that you can't get nowhere, except designated areas?
    Once you're on the stage you can move about, but you can only park in designated car parks. And by 'car park', we mean very long, single track dirt roads where you leave a car at the edge - if you arrive at stages in mornings, expect to hike a few kilometres to get to the stage. Basically, you can definitely stay in a local hotel or B&B and there will be plenty available, but you will have to be up well before dawn to get to stages in time.

I recommend going, it's a great event with some great stages and viewing, just don't expect to get much sleep and plan to stay on a stage for the whole day rather than moving between them.
    aka Rodger Davies

9. Likes: AndyRAC (18th August 2019),Fredouye (11th August 2019),the sniper (10th August 2019)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    SSS Oulton Park stage plan

#M-SPORTER

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    How to get Elfin's Corner this year?

Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    Rally Planner can now be downloaded : https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.ne...-Small-7mb.pdf