Page 13 of 124 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i dont like at all that there isnt any service on Saturday...

imagine if one of the title contenders car hits some trouble (not caused by the driver) and he has to drive with that car all day long
    I agree. Its also a shame for the fans that attend the SP on Saturday and see no cars being worked on.

I suppose it's an inevitable problem of those stages distance from the SP. Not sure why the tyre-fitting zone at Newtown couldn't be made a remote service though...
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I agree. Its also a shame for the fans that attend the SP on Saturday and see no cars being worked on.

I suppose it's an inevitable problem of those stages distance from the SP. Not sure why the tyre-fitting zone at Newtown couldn't be made a remote service though...
    Last year you said it's stupid to take the long liaison to the service park in the middle of Friday.

The current regulations simply don't allow remote services (other than tyre and light fitting zones). Teams don't like any extra expense when they already put up a big building in the service park. I've heard they're nagging even about the tyre fitting zones, because they have to hire a van and send crews there...

It's a dilemma when the service park is far from the legendary stages stages. There are a few options
    1. Use only a tyre change (like they do in Wales)
    2. Go to the midday service, even if it means a long liaison and a long break between the two runs of the stages, which is bad for spectators. (like in Sardegna Saturdays)
    3. Do not use the legendary stages
    4. Come up with a service park place closer to the legendary stages
    5. Try to change the FIA regulations
    6. Invent teleport
    7. Invent time machine to go back to Group B years

I'm undecided myself. I love the Saturday stages but it's also problematic that someone's rally could end because there's no service (remember Ogier's gearbox last year Friday). But then again, this non-service day in mid Wales has been used for a number of years now and I don't remember any top crews having problems with it...
    Last edited by AnttiL; 18th September 2019 at 16:09.

3. Likes: Allez Andruet (18th September 2019),lluisva555 (18th September 2019),Micke_VOC (30th September 2019),mousti (19th September 2019),pantealex (18th September 2019),Rally Hokkaido (19th September 2019),steve.mandzij (24th September 2019),T16 (18th September 2019),Tauri_J (20th September 2019),tommeke_B (18th September 2019)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    True, plus if someone has a bad car problem on the morning loop would it make it back the 60km to the SP anyway.

I would still prefer a remote service with teams limited to a certain number of mechanics and parts to keep costs down. On the Rally GB Saturday they will be waiting around all day doing nothing anyway which is a big waste.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (24th September 2019)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Working on service park on WRC events is pretty much waiting around all day doing nothing anyway. Not that much of a difference for them... It's not easy for the organizers in Wales, and of course some people always have something to complain about. I'm already quite satisfied with the rally they manage to put together right now.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    It's a dilemma when the service park is far from the legendary stages stages. There are a few options
    2. Go to the midday service, even if it means a long liaison and a long break between the two runs of the stages, which is bad for spectators. (like in Sardegna Saturdays)
    6. Invent teleport

Now where's the button I can press?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: janvanvurpa (22nd September 2019),pantealex (19th September 2019)
    Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Last year you said it's stupid to take the long liaison to the service park in the middle of Friday.

6. Invent teleport

Long break in Sardegna is actually a good thing. There is not so many places open in midday to eat. And we had plenty of time to find a place to eat. Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    Long break in Sardegna is actually a good thing. There is not so many places open in midday to eat. And we had plenty of time to find a place to eat. Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.
    like we do in Rally Finland
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: pantealex (19th September 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    like we do in Rally Finland
    Come on, it's nearly criminal if your nutrition does not include the rally sausages during Rally Finland.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

13. Likes: pantealex (19th September 2019),satnav (19th September 2019),the sniper (19th September 2019)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Come on, it's nearly criminal if your nutrition does not include the rally sausages during Rally Finland.
    I think it should be a crime to sell those things.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

15. Likes: cali (19th September 2019),EstWRC (19th September 2019),jliivak (19th September 2019),maailmameister (19th September 2019),Oliverk (19th September 2019)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.
    More like 14-16 hours days. Coming to think of it, during the last 10 years of going to rallies, I can think of only one occasion when we had time to go eat out during the day. Sometimes it can be all 3-4 days without warm food. There's a plenty of other days in a year to eat properly.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

17. Likes: pantealex (19th September 2019),the sniper (19th September 2019)