Page 14 of 124 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    More like 14-16 hours days. Coming to think of it, during the last 10 years of going to rallies, I can think of only one occasion when we had time to go eat out during the day. Sometimes it can be all 3-4 days without warm food. There's a plenty of other days in a year to eat properly.
    You’re doing something wrong

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    You’re doing something wrong
    Priorities :-)
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

3. Likes: EstWRC (19th September 2019),MartijnS (19th September 2019),pantealex (19th September 2019),T16 (19th September 2019),the sniper (19th September 2019)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi! Frist time in wales... so, I need a piece of help... this corner, where is ti? Sweet Lamb? This year is in the route?

Thanks!!

IMG-9995.JPG
    IMG-9996.jpg

Liked 310 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    Long break in Sardegna is actually a good thing. There is not so many places open in midday to eat. And we had plenty of time to find a place to eat. Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    More like 14-16 hours days. Coming to think of it, during the last 10 years of going to rallies, I can think of only one occasion when we had time to go eat out during the day. Sometimes it can be all 3-4 days without warm food. There's a plenty of other days in a year to eat properly.
    When I used to go and watch the event in the 1970's & 80's 36 hour days were normal. Then one night sleep followed by another 36 hour day!

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (19th September 2019),AndyRAC (24th September 2019),Jewy46 (20th September 2019),Katvala (19th September 2019),Micke_VOC (30th September 2019),pantealex (19th September 2019),stefanvv (19th September 2019),the sniper (19th September 2019),tommeke_B (19th September 2019)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Once upon a time when I was seven years old back in the 60´s, my father took me to Kenya and Safari rally. We lived in the bush for one week only having water to drink. No food except from one or another grasshopper. Sleeping under the sky counting stars hearing lions and elephanths from near distance. No toilet. Only pee.

Rallycars every five hours after moving some hundred miles to each stage. But it was fun.

Last edited by Rallyper; 20th September 2019 at 10:30.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: dimviii (20th September 2019),Fredouye (20th September 2019),NOT (20th September 2019)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi folks,

Looking for some advice. Coming down from Scotland for the Wales rally.

Attended the BRC Pirelli event at Kielder in April and enjoyed, so we (me, my wife and 5yo son) decided to come down to Wales for this.

We have tickets for the Colwyn Bay stage and an all day pass for the Sunday.

My loose plan was to head to Newtown for Saturday lunch time for the re-group.Will that be worthwhile? On the Friday night we're staying in Runcorn so its an hour+half drive there, so possibly not worth the effort if the re-group doesn't really amount to much.

Was also thinking of going to Llandudno after to visit the service park. I know there won't be any cars getting serviced, so again Im wondering if that will be worthwhile?

Then Colwyn Bay, and after that staying the night in Rhyl (I booked that months ago and now realise that was a bit of a mistake!)

Sunday - I assume you can quite easily do both Alwen and Brenig stages as they're so close to one another - but perhaps not?

So my plan for Sunday was Alwen-Brenig- sit about for a bit (will there be any food or drink kiosks?) while the cars go to Great Orme and then Alwen and Brenig. In terms of the WRC i think Brenig will finish about 1pm - we have a flight from Manchester at 17:05 which should be sufficient time, unless getting out the car park will take a long time - will it?

Also - what time should i be looking to park the car at Alwen on the Sunday morning, in order A) get there on time and B) avoid a lengthy walk (we have a 5 year old). We're staying in Rhyl the night before and its about an hour away, so its looking like a very early start - I wonder just how early!!

Thanks in advance, Steven

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    Where will start and finish of this year's rally be?
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevendufc View Post
    Sunday - I assume you can quite easily do both Alwen and Brenig stages as they're so close to one another - but perhaps not?

So my plan for Sunday was Alwen-Brenig- sit about for a bit (will there be any food or drink kiosks?) while the cars go to Great Orme and then Alwen and Brenig. In terms of the WRC i think Brenig will finish about 1pm - we have a flight from Manchester at 17:05 which should be sufficient time, unless getting out the car park will take a long time - will it?
    While I doubt there'll be absolute prolonged gridlock, there will be a large amount of people leaving there at that time. The situation can vary a lot depending upon where you end up in the car park, which can be largely outside of your control. This will also translate into a pretty slow run up the A5. Also bear in mind you may well have a fair walk back to your car from the stage, depending on where you end up in the 'car park'/area. So err on the side of caution, given you've got a flight to catch. I think I'd be leaving halfway through the last stage, at latest, as even then the lot out of Alwen will have the jump on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevendufc View Post
    Also - what time should i be looking to park the car at Alwen on the Sunday morning, in order A) get there on time and B) avoid a lengthy walk (we have a 5 year old). We're staying in Rhyl the night before and its about an hour away, so its looking like a very early start - I wonder just how early!!
    As early as you possibly can! It's an unfortunately early start time on Sunday... The organisers don't help the situation by having such a limited itinerary on Sunday, so pretty much all the spectators will be having to head for the same place, up the B4501 to the area between Brenig and Alwen.

Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    Where will start and finish of this year's rally be?
    Start is in Liverpool, on the Pier Head outside the Liver Building. Finish will be on the promenade in Llandudno. According to the rally planner.

13. Likes: Kaps (23rd September 2019)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.
    You say that like its a bad thing... I am confused.. let me try and think...
    out in the woods, ✔
    rally cars driving fast , ✔
    beer, ✔
    chips, ✔

12 hours of this, ✔

What more could you want? Two major food groups and cars in the woods...
    Ja är stoli förvirra.....
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat