Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] Wales Rally GB 2019

Here are the stage maps https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Rally-GB-2019

Elsi is reversed from last year and slightly modificated. Penmachno same as last year. Dyfnant again long, borrowing its route largely from 1995. Aberhirnant is shortened a bit. Myherin back to 2016 format but shortened from both ends, Dyfi back to 2017 format. Sweet Lamb Hafren same as last year but with ending continues now to 2017 ending. Alwen and Brenig same as 2017, Great Orme same as 2015 (different direction to last year, no Llandudno part).

Oulton Park and Slate Mountain routes yet to be announced, Slate Mountain seems to be longer than last year.

And then there's this...I have no words for it. https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Ral...019/Colwyn-Bay
    Last edited by AnttiL; 6th June 2019 at 11:19.

2. Likes: Simmi (6th June 2019),the sniper (6th June 2019),wildboar (6th June 2019)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    And then there's this...I have no words for it. https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Ral...019/Colwyn-Bay
    A drag race with corners?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

4. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2019),pantealex (6th June 2019)
    Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    Hahaha...I never even imagined that this kind of weirdness is allowed in modern WRC

6. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2019),bearclaw (6th June 2019),T16 (11th June 2019)
    Liked 79 Times in 24 Posts
    ...with that heritage of running some of the greatest and (for me) most beautiful park stages back in the RAC days the colwyn bay stage a disgrace for this rally – hopefully the oulton park stage is a proper mickey mouse stage like it used to be!

8. Likes: AnttiL (7th June 2019),T16 (11th June 2019)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I'd have gone to the Oulton park stage but not too interested about watching it in the dark. Would prefer to be in a forest for that. Plus getting in and out will be a pain the night before the rally.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Nice to see the Myherin forest section back in play after three years out of bounds due to the tree disease issues there. Would have been nice if they'd been able to use the extended northern section with the water splash, but that's probably not permitted to be used nowadays, like the natural water splash in Sweet Lamb. Saves me a long walk to that anyway! The 'Pikes Peak' section being back and run downhill is a tempting proposition...

For the first time since 2014 Dyfnant features the part of the forest where I witnessed the WRC for the first time in person back in 2012. Given that this could be the last Rally GB Wales for a while, I think that I may return to that spot for old times' sake.

Looking at the maps, the omission of the bulk of Clocaenog really stands out. I haven't been able to find out whether that's down to tree disease restrictions, but I hope it is. A rally in North Wales failing to use the vast majority of Clocaenog seems incomprehensible, particularly when Aberhirnant (in a precarious state) and Elsi (not particularly well regarded) have been used instead. I'll really miss the Shakedown stage in Clocaenog. I honestly think that short stage featured some of the best spectating opportunities in British rallying. At least this offers an extended opportunity to try and find somewhere interesting to watch in Gwydir!

11. Likes: Mintexmemory (10th June 2019),Simmi (8th June 2019)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I'd have gone to the Oulton park stage but not too interested about watching it in the dark. Would prefer to be in a forest for that. Plus getting in and out will be a pain the night before the rally.
    The Oulton Park stage will be floodlit.

But I agree on the likely delays getting out - it was bad back in 1992 & 1993.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Nice to see the Myherin forest section back in play after three years out of bounds due to the tree disease issues there. Would have been nice if they'd been able to use the extended northern section with the water splash, but that's probably not permitted to be used nowadays, like the natural water splash in Sweet Lamb. Saves me a long walk to that anyway! The 'Pikes Peak' section being back and run downhill is a tempting proposition...

For the first time since 2014 Dyfnant features the part of the forest where I witnessed the WRC for the first time in person back in 2012. Given that this could be the last Rally GB Wales for a while, I think that I may return to that spot for old times' sake.

Looking at the maps, the omission of the bulk of Clocaenog really stands out. I haven't been able to find out whether that's down to tree disease restrictions, but I hope it is. A rally in North Wales failing to use the vast majority of Clocaenog seems incomprehensible, particularly when Aberhirnant (in a precarious state) and Elsi (not particularly well regarded) have been used instead. I'll really miss the Shakedown stage in Clocaenog. I honestly think that short stage featured some of the best spectating opportunities in British rallying. At least this offers an extended opportunity to try and find somewhere interesting to watch in Gwydir!
    Gwydir reunion again then! Followed by Elsi then evening Dyfnant on Friday. Not sure whether downhill Pikes Peak or Dyfi for Saturday but Great Orme and finish ceremony for Sunday.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

14. Likes: the sniper (11th June 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Here are the stage maps https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Rally-GB-2019

Elsi is reversed from last year and slightly modificated. Penmachno same as last year. Dyfnant again long, borrowing its route largely from 1995. Aberhirnant is shortened a bit. Myherin back to 2016 format but shortened from both ends, Dyfi back to 2017 format. Sweet Lamb Hafren same as last year but with ending continues now to 2017 ending. Alwen and Brenig same as 2017, Great Orme same as 2015 (different direction to last year, no Llandudno part).

Oulton Park and Slate Mountain routes yet to be announced, Slate Mountain seems to be longer than last year.

Thanks AnttiL - great work as usual. They have included that ridiculously fast (top gear and rev limiter fast) corner towards the end of Hafren again. Can't wait; it's definitely one of the best spots I've seen in rallying.

16. Likes: AnttiL (11th June 2019),Jewy46 (11th June 2019),tommeke_B (11th June 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I didn’t notice that Aberhirnant is also reversed to the direction last used in 2016 (and Plains Rally this year). And correction to what I posted about Myherin: it will end just like in 2016.