Page 21 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Being a race track it must be their system. Taking cash and giving change is a lot of hassle

Plus the surrounding roads are tight country lanes and they wouldnt want queues blocking them.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Being a race track it must be their system. Taking cash and giving change is a lot of hassle

Plus the surrounding roads are tight country lanes and they wouldnt want queues blocking them.
    Don’t want to keep hammering on the same point, but that doesn’t add up at all.... they can manage the payments and traffic for a crowd the size of BSB, yet you’re saying they can’t for a few thousand rally fans.

Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    Anyone know how much it is to get into shakedown? I'm hoping it's £20-25, not the £35 they're charging for 'pay on the day' on the other days.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    I was told in Finland by someone that should know that the bulk of Clocaenog was dropped because it was "too accessible" and expensive to secure, revenue wise... As such I think there has been an increased focus on money.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd October 2019)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Your victory in Turkey, and the first Citroen double for 4 years, gave the whole team a smile?
    Sébastien Ogier: "This victory comes at a good time, we were in a critical position in the championship, it was a bit of a last chance race, where we had to turn the tide at the risk of our chances of becoming weak. It plays on the motivation of the teams, obviously, everyone is struggling, doing their best, and when the results are disappointing, it's hard to keep your head up and keep moving forward. extra boost to everyone. "

What is your view of your season? This little side all or nothing?
    SO: "There are 3 victories, 4 podiums and 3 bad rallies, 7 podiums including 3 successes, it's a very good result, the other 3 bad results are a bit of a leap in the league. has been very successful, our chances have become much more realistic.We are not in the best of solutions, get Tanak remains complicated.The goal is to ride this dynamic.Britain is a rally always difficult, with tricky conditions, which has often succeeded me in recent years, so the goal is to put a maximum of pressure on Tanak, even if I expect him to leave very hard, as usual . "

Sébastien Ogier during his victory at the last rally in Turkey on September 15th.

So, Ott Tanak is it worthwhile to the regular?
    SO: "The Toyota is in another category this season, but at the end of the race, to get a title, there's a moment when it starts to turn a little bit more in the head. It can work in my favor: Intrinsically, in pure speed, chances are that it is a little faster, but we still have our say. "

"In pure speed, it may be complicated"

According to surveys, you are given a 35% chance of retaining your title ...
    SO: "My realistic side makes me say that indeed, in pure speed, it may be complicated.Although, I still give myself 50/50 because I believe in it! The key is this rally of Great Britain If we are able to stay in touch, get closer a little bit, from there, our chances will become really real! We will have our say, especially since the last two rallies of the year are going to be penalizing for the leader of the championship Good, 50/50, I exaggerate a little! Let's say ... we speak again after the RAC! "

Do you sometimes think of the other scenario? That you can lose your title for the first time in six years?
    SO: "Honestly, I think little or almost no, of course, if it happens, it will not make me happy, but it will not take away the 6 tracks I already have. would always like more, and I hope it will not stop, but in truth, I do not think about it any more than that. "

S. Ogier on the roads of Turkey © AFP

You are leaving a test session in Wales. Can we expect some changes on the C3 WRC?
    N / A: "We are quite optimistic, the driving sensations are pretty good, we did not have the ideal conditions to prepare for the rally, it was very, very dry, and there is a good chance that this week the conditions We are not going to ask too many questions ... Without having a revolution on the car, the feeling at the wheel evolves positively lately. "

This year, you often had a smile after a day of testing, before falling in the race. You have found some interesting solutions?
    SO: "I'm not the type to lose my smile, I'm pretty optimistic in general! OK, you would have crossed after Germany, the smile would have been a little duller, that's for sure! took a long time to put things back together, to try to understand how we got there, and we went back to the familiar bases, a little bit older, to refine the references on the car and, from there, try to new things related to the chassis, the balance of the car and the differentials. "

https://sport.francetvinfo.fr/auto-m...-pour-le-titre

Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: Katvala (2nd October 2019),KKS (2nd October 2019),Maui J. (3rd October 2019),Miika (3rd October 2019),pantealex (3rd October 2019)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Pre-Rally GB forum 2019 with Budar, Millener & Breen: https://www.facebook.com/13579809646...type=2&theater
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

11. Likes: KKS (3rd October 2019)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Getting ready to head down from Scotland, the weather where I am has unusually very mild and settled the last few days but sounds like that's not the case further south. The forecast certainly isn't great.
    No shakedown for me this year but will be there Friday and Saturday. Hope everyone who is attending has a great event and that it's good for those of you watching at home.

This forum isn't just great for following the sport as a whole all year round, but also great when planning to attend an rally. Whether it's advice on where to watch, where to stay or general questions, there always seems to be someone to help out/answer. Had good info passed onto me by T16 this year and the Sniper in the past, and AntiiL is always the go-to man for stage knowledge, so I feel well set.

My plan as it stands is Elsi 1, Aberhirnant 1, Elsi 2/Pen 2, Aberhirnant 2. Then on saturday stay at Hafren for both runs, before heading home.

Think Tanak will win this and get one hand on the title, if the Toyota holds up.

13. Likes: AnttiL (3rd October 2019),EstWRC (3rd October 2019),Jewy46 (3rd October 2019),Rally Hokkaido (3rd October 2019),Rallyper (3rd October 2019),T16 (3rd October 2019),the sniper (3rd October 2019)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Is the shakedown shown anywhere this year?