Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Sorrrrrrrry racing point, and kimi!
    May the forza be with you

Maggi crashed, which is bad luck for Max!
    ......Sorrrrry
    Last edited by Tazio; 8th June 2019 at 20:12.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Wow, what a lap by Vettel. 1:10:240 sec, the lap record for the Canadian Gille Villeneurve track and the fastest ever lap on this track. Half a second quicker than the 2018 fastest lap.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th June 2019 at 09:40.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Alright McCiardo p4!

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Some great stuff today... very good lap by Vettel, obviously, but great stuff from Ricciardo as well.

Bottas having a bit of an off day, but I think he'll take it in place of Magnussen's. Or Verstappen's. Or Grosjean's.

6. Likes: Tazio (8th June 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Vettel’s pole was won in turn 6. He smashed it there, got on the throttle early and the perfect line down to turns 8&9. Well done to him.

Credit to Ricciardo, he’s well out done his teammate today and starting to look much better in the Renault.

Scrappy from Bottas 2.0. Because the TV director, as usual, has the intelligence of a turtle and stuck with Bottas lap even though he had made a million mistakes, I haven’t got to see Hamilton’s lap yet. Did he make a mistake at the hairpin?
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 8th June 2019 at 21:26.

8. Likes: Duncan (8th June 2019),truefan72 (9th June 2019)
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Vettel’s pole was won in turn 6. He smashed it there, got on the throttle early and the perfect line down to turns 8&9. Well done to him.

Credit to Ricciardo, he’s well out done his teammate today and starting to look much better in the Renault.

Scrappy from Bottas 2.0. Because the TV director, as usual, has the intelligence of a turtle and stuck with Bottas lap even though he had made a million mistakes, I haven’t got to see Hamilton’s lap yet. Did he make a mistake at the hairpin?
    Just watched the onboard reply of Hamilton's last flyer. I didn't see anything that looked like a mistake; he was purple in sectors 1 & 2, but the Ferrari is just consistently 2 or 3 tenths faster in sector 3.

10. Likes: Tazio (9th June 2019),truefan72 (9th June 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Just watched the onboard reply of Hamilton's last flyer. I didn't see anything that looked like a mistake; he was purple in sectors 1 & 2, but the Ferrari is just consistently 2 or 3 tenths faster in sector 3.
    Cheers. Toto said he had a mistake there but maybe he was talking about Bottas v2.0 lap and I misunderstood.

This is a good race for "The Boss" to increase his lead in the drivers championship. Bottas starting on the third row has got to be a little careful. No doubt Bot' can make up some places, however with a little luck Lew will have a full race buffer going into (viva la) France; a track that should favor the Merc's

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    I am kind of happy for Vettel finding form and taking it to Hamilton. When things were tough for him and Ferrari, most people criticized him and berated him in favour of his younger teammate. They forget, he is a four times world champion who is still as potent as ever, given a car to his liking.

I hope Ferrari can find a way to sustain this progress at other tracks going forward, but l fear this turn of form may be particular to the characteristics of the Gille Villeneuve track or this kind of track where they can unleash the power of their engine.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th June 2019 at 09:56.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

14. Likes: Duncan (9th June 2019),N4D13 (9th June 2019)