Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Ferrari Forgot to inform LeClerc of Vettel Penalty!
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...vettel-penalty

but of course they did. SMH.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    I hope the stewards are paid handsomely for their efforts .

And , I hope this whole issue is dealt with , as it seems there are a lot of arguable aspects of this incident .
    To have moments where so many are outraged , including names like Stewart , Andretti , and Mansell , makes Seb's words about modern F1 ring a little too loudly , and gestures like bringing Vettel onto the top step a bit hollow .

Here's a question : Did anyone switch back the number signs in front of the cars after Seb changed them ?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post

“Forgot”.

LeCLerc mentioned in post race interviews as well that they never informed him.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Ferrari can’t appeal the Stewards decision and conclusion of the incident (article 38.3) they can only appeal the Stewards decision to investigate the incident in the first place (38.1)

https://www.fia.com/file/78014/download/26183

I don’t think they have a hope as the Stewards can essentially investigate what they want.
    That section of the rules do not prevent Ferrari from appealling the decision of the stewards. It simply insist that the team and driver must comply with the penalty within the specification of this section within the particular race. The appeal procedures is defined elsewhere and follow a mechanism outside the scope of the stewards. If Ferrari wishes to appeal they can do so. They just need to raise the matter with the appeal commission at their next sitting.

But l doubt they would do so for obvious reasons. Ferrari would want this matter to end quickly as it only serves to highlight how they have lost again when all the advantages were in their favor.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post

You can imagine how much of a bigger problem this would be for Ferrari if they created a situation where Leclerc sneaks into 2nd place with Vettel relegated further to 3rd. Of course they did not forget. They just managed the situation wisely, l think.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    That section of the rules do not prevent Ferrari from appealling the decision of the stewards. It simply insist that the team and driver must comply with the penalty within the specification of this section within the particular race. The appeal procedures is defined elsewhere and follow a mechanism outside the scope of the stewards. If Ferrari wishes to appeal they can do so. They just need to raise the matter with the appeal commission at their next sitting.

But l doubt they would do so for obvious reasons. Ferrari would want this matter to end quickly as it only serves to highlight how they have lost again when all the advantages were in their favor.
    No, it states:

If any of the seven penalties above are imposed they shall not be subject to appeal.

It does not state:

If any of the seven penalties above are imposed they shall not be subject to appeal during the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Great decision by the stewards. They were like some football referees that think they don't get enough spotlight and make sure they get all the attention. I suppose that from now on when a driver makes a mistake and disturbs the other delicate genius behind him it's all done and dusted. As some have pointed out, the penalty is also quite perverse. In a situation like this one, the penalized driver can't even make up for his mistake. When they handed out this retarded penalty, they decided who wins 80% or something into the race.

One reason I like F1 so little nowadays is because of these two. I don't really care if any of them wins. Vettel just showed everybody what a petulant spoilt brat he is. He really knows how to take it with dignity. And Hamilton, oh Hamilton, what a gentleman, what a sportsman, no? He took the gift with so much dignity and even offered some empty gestures... but when it all happened he bitched and moaned instantly over the radio. But our beloved tattooed gentleman with 10 earrings and douchebag hairdo didn't want to win like this. There's a huge chasm between who this guy pretends to be and who he really is.
    Actually, in recent times, Vettel has been very proper and a model racer, especially after his wheel banging with Hamilton in Baku. Hardly gets into trouble with the powers that be. So it was great to see some emotion and angry gesture from him. It shows he still cares about winning. It shows he wants Ferrari to do well. I liked what l saw actually. But l think the world of racing would go ballistic if Hamilton did the same thing though.
    It was the kind of attitude that we come to expect from Max Verstapenn. That's why it was interesting and entertaining to see a four time world champion do it.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No, it states:

If any of the seven penalties above are imposed they shall not be subject to appeal.

It does not state:

If any of the seven penalties above are imposed they shall not be subject to appeal during the race.
    Yes you are correct, l missed that. I suppose the Stewards decision is final in this case. It is interesting to note that the same section places upon the stewards the discretion to investigate and the discretion to apply a penalty. It also gives the steward the get out of jail card of imposing a warning.

There is something wrong with the lack of the ability to appeal a decision. I think that needs to change.

Well, it is what it is
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th June 2019 at 05:49.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    I agree with others here. Vettel cut the corner of the track. That is what he should have been penalised for. A position change seemed obvious, not a time penalty. ( obvious from my lounge chair of course )

10. Likes: Tazio (14th June 2019)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Vettel is still a reasonable chance to win the championship. Leclerc is no chance. It's not really a big deal on this occasion.