Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    This is a scenario I could see Ferrari taking to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
    Does CAS even have jurisdiction vis á vis Formula One apart from doping infrigements? I have never heard of a single F1-related case being decided by CAS, which leads me to believe that there is no arbitration agreement with regard to the FIA.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Does CAS even have jurisdiction vis á vis Formula One apart from doping infrigements? I have never heard of a single F1-related case being decided by CAS, which leads me to believe that there is no arbitration agreement with regard to the FIA.
    CAS, afaik, have no jurisdiction over F1 matters. Even Giedo van der Garde had to take his case through the Supreme Court of Victoria to get what he wanted in 2014. I still cannot believe Monisha Kaltenborn kept her job after such a colossal screw up she made that time.

3. Likes: gm99 (21st June 2019)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    I know this is over , but here's one last point I'd like to make .

Had Ferrari gotten this Canadian result overturned , the general consensus seems to be that Mercedes would have the right to feel aggrieved because they turned down Lewis's engine , instead of having him fight to get past Seb for the win .

So , rather than thrashing the motor , presumably on the most extreme settings , Lewis was now able to turn it down , certainly extending it's life .
    With 3 engines per car per year , that could have a major effect on the championship .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I know this is over , but here's one last point I'd like to make .

Had Ferrari gotten this Canadian result overturned , the general consensus seems to be that Mercedes would have the right to feel aggrieved because they turned down Lewis's engine , instead of having him fight to get past Seb for the win .

So , rather than thrashing the motor , presumably on the most extreme settings , Lewis was now able to turn it down , certainly extending it's life .
    With 3 engines per car per year , that could have a major effect on the championship .
    I think Mercedes would rather take the win over the promise of engine life. Bird in hand if you get my drift.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Alright. CAS doesn't have jurisdiction on F1. But I can see them possibly doing something about the result. What, idk.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    l think the stewards do that on other occasions but in this instance where they should have been consistent.