Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Päss1928 View Post
    It takes mental strength to remain positive and grateful after you become a top driver who's earning millions. Most people don't have that. The ones who do will have the biggest number of fans. That doesn't mean you have to shut down your personality, it can be shown in a nice way. Take Grönholm for example. I think it was clear a long time ago that Tänak is not one of them.
    You mean like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwukCdGKOdY
    Or like that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRPqVkGC-4w

Or "You can tell Corrado that three is enough!"

Being honest and emotional, probably caused some grimms in the SP though...
    Last edited by Tarmop; 12th September 2019 at 20:01.

2. Likes: cali (13th September 2019),Jarek Z (12th September 2019),steve.mandzij (12th September 2019)
    Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Cmon girls. Do not start over thinking. Tanak was most quiet driver years back, answering only "yes" and "no". He is giving his best to "talk" and has changed his personality very much. Even Becks has said that Tanak was hardest guy to take interviews because he did not talk nothing and it changed one day. You need to see Tanaks movie then you understand his personality better.

4. Likes: cali (13th September 2019),EstWRC (12th September 2019),Jarek Z (12th September 2019),steve.mandzij (12th September 2019)
    Liked 96 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    You mean like this?
    Yes, I do. He's being loved for comments like these. He's just raging about x circumstances in a funny way, not calling other drivers lucky fuckers.

6. Likes: Oops! (12th September 2019),steve.mandzij (12th September 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    M. Ok then. Though i think PSA and its fans would have disagreed.

And the other thing was actually " lucky bastard", you can look up the synonyms yourself (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lucky_bastard). Not so bad and if you add the fact that he is not a native speaker (+ he was really lucky indeed).

But well hey, that is the emotions part, why some people love it, others hate it. There is no right way, as people are different, each have enemies and friends, some more, some less.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 12th September 2019 at 20:19.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertr View Post
    What did he say, I didn't had a chance to see it?
    Honestly nothing much. Just came across difficult, or a bit glum/moody. It was more just an observation of a general trend I and others have spotted with Tanak. Not meant as a criticism either, there's more at stake for him now and he's maybe ultra zoned in while focusing for the title (as well as having to deal with all the contract talk). Plus he'll be doing a lot more PR in the lead up to rallies and while on events, so no doubt it gets tiring.

I previously hadn't noticed much myself, except thinking he had a problem with Molly (and her questions). But some of my mates who are more casual followers of rallying and dont watch every rally and every interview, have raised points like "what's happened to Tanak?", or think he's developed an attitude when they see/ hear him now.

And since it's been pointed out to me, I maybe notice it more when he's seemingly being short/ blunt/ condescending with his replies. Also could just be the way he says things in a foreign tongue, as there's a fine line in English where saying the same thing can come across witty and jokey, or make you look like a bit of a twat or like you have a problem with the world.

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Päss1928 View Post
    Yes, I do. He's being loved for comments like these. He's just raging about x circumstances in a funny way, not calling other drivers lucky fuckers.
    Seen a great interview with one of Gronhlom's engineers a few years ago, F X a french fella.i He said Marcus never complained about set up like most drivers when the times weren't good, he'd just say "Ok I must drive harder".

10. Likes: cali (13th September 2019)
    Liked 1,608 Times in 730 Posts
    I first read your comments here and now checked the interview and expected some proper not-in-mood-misbehaving... but what are you talking about? I'm blind or there wasn't any mood there. Calm answer for a-bit-provocative question. Maybe some of you guys need to check your own mood

12. Likes: cali (13th September 2019),Jakem (13th September 2019),Jarek Z (12th September 2019),Kaps (12th September 2019),Timmy (13th September 2019)
    Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops! View Post
    I see there is only one 2wd car starting.... That's not going to be an easy wknd!
    And he made is even more difficult with early arrival to TC 1...

14. Likes: Oops! (12th September 2019)
    Bad start! And running last on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    You mean like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwukCdGKOdY
    Or like that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRPqVkGC-4w

Or "You can tell Corrado that three is enough!"

Being honest and emotional, probably caused some grimms in the SP though...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5uVexJ7U0 Another classic.....

17. Likes: steve.mandzij (13th September 2019)