Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Well, no...drivers are drivers, not entertainers and PR persons. Dumb questions deserve dumb/straight answers. Be it Tänak, Neuville "i would have won, if...", moody Ogier, or some local quy in his local championship. They can do it, they have the right to do it and it spices things up.

So this really sounds like a problem of modern area snowflakes...
    There was this guy called Bolt, who would run for less than 10 seconds and then spend an hour doing interviews with same questions.

Sure drivers (or any sportsmen for that matter) can pick, but it will affect their popularity among people and among sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    With road position advantage etc, does anyone genuinely think we could get one of Mikkelsen, Latvala, Suninen or Lappi winning this?
    Last year it didn't look like road position had so much to say, later drivers had some pretty rough stages. So it's not so easy call as Sardinia. A lot will depend on choosing the "right" speed on friday stages, can't see any clear winning candidates tbh any of those 4 + top 3 could end up on top. Tanak maybe the most likely to play it a bit safe.
    Last edited by mknight; 12th September 2019 at 20:14.

3. Likes: er88 (12th September 2019)
    Liked 103 Times in 33 Posts
    I wish some interviewer could ask something more specific. For example Toyota had to redesign their rear wing for this event. Someone should ask the drivers about their feedback for this design.

Right now we have all the time same questions over and over again. I am not standing up for Tänak right now, but this is just starting to be boring for a me as a rally fan.

5. Likes: er88 (12th September 2019),EstWRC (12th September 2019),Jarek Z (12th September 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by trykmann View Post
    I wish some interviewer could ask something more specific. For example Toyota had to redesign their rear wing for this event. Someone should ask the drivers about their feedback for this design.
    I find it very interesting how little (close to nothing) there has been about this on official channels, wrc+ and also on autosport. Basically nothing. (Compare the attention that for example Hyundai's small aero change for Finland got).

It totally looks like FIA/Promoter tries to cover the big problem that rules were not the same for everyone for 2,5 years.

7. Likes: er88 (12th September 2019),lluisva555 (12th September 2019)
    Liked 49 Times in 22 Posts
    That Emyr guy is a nice dude and knows a bit about rallying, but his stage end interviews are often pretty awkard. I feel like Colin and Julian are naturals and get more out of the drivers.

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Well, no...drivers are drivers, not entertainers and PR persons. Dumb questions deserve dumb/straight answers. Be it Tänak, Neuville "i would have won, if...", moody Ogier, or some local quy in his local championship. They can do it, they have the right to do it and it spices things up.

So this really sounds like a problem of modern era snowflakes...
    Exactly. If Tanak is nervous, irritated, disappointed, annoyed or even pissed, why should he pretend he isn't? It's not North Korea, where everybody has to be happy, is it?
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 12th September 2019 at 20:22.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

10. Likes: cali (13th September 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    There was this guy called Bolt, who would run for less than 10 seconds and then spend an hour doing interviews with same questions.

Sure drivers (or any sportsmen for that matter) can pick, but it will affect their popularity among people and among sponsors.
    And Your point is? You can name examples, who do like others like, also hundreds of examples from every area, who are good at what they do, but sometimes or even often rude, racist, and otherwise D-heads but still...popular, wealthy and successful...and don`t care...
    Last edited by Tarmop; 12th September 2019 at 20:27.

Liked 44 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Ott is turning into a bit of a moody princess thesedays with his persona and stage end comments. Not like he'll care about that, or what others think if he lands a title though...
    What did he say, I didn't had a chance to see it?

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Nothing imo...he was told that he doesn`t have to win this event, having a comfy lead and he said: "(Why don`t i have to win it?) We will see tomorrow. If you have four events to go, you never know. We have to take what we can from every event."
    Last edited by Tarmop; 12th September 2019 at 20:37.

Liked 96 Times in 44 Posts
    It takes mental strength to remain positive and grateful after you become a top driver who's earning millions. Most people don't have that. The ones who do will have the biggest number of fans. That doesn't mean you have to shut down your personality, it can be shown in a nice way. Take Grönholm for example. I think it was clear a long time ago that Tänak is not one of them.

15. Likes: mknight (12th September 2019),Oops! (12th September 2019)