Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Alright McBoss!
    May the forza be with you

2. Likes: Duncan (25th May 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Great laps at the end from both Mercs in the end but would love to have seen what time Hamilton would have done if he didn’t have that oversteer moment at Rascasse. A sub 70 seconds was definitely on the cards.

4. Likes: Duncan (25th May 2019),Tazio (25th May 2019)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Freakin' Haas is faster than Ferrari in both s1, and s2.
    Let that sink in!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Well that was interesting. And good to be watching on the F1TV service, where you can select what audio you want, including switching off the commentary but still having the sounds from the track. Makes a huge difference when you don't have to constantly listen to "Crofty's" inane blatherings; much more like the experience of being at the track, especially when you can turn up the audio. I watched the practice that way, but was watching the qualy on the TV. Might switch back to the streaming for the race.

Anyway, Ferrari's strategery department really outdid themselves today. What a farce. Good job getting Vettel's car back together, but he was clearly on the back foot from the lost setup time, and just remarkable that they blew Leclerc's chances. Good luck starting from 16th. Or as "Crofty" would have it "Everybody comes to Monaco to gamble, but you're got to be in it to win it when you spin the roulette wheel". Just shoot me.

Toro Rosso and Haas both looking impressive, with Grosjean likely to have made Q3 without Gasly's rolling roadblock.

But that final lap from Hamilton - wow. He was really determined to get that pole. Almost put it in the wall at Rascasse. He seemed... pleased.

7. Likes: Tazio (26th May 2019)
    Liked 668 Times in 466 Posts
    Three spot penalties for both Gasly and Giovinazzi. Though really I don't think Rogro would have made it into Q3 regardless. He seems to always choke when it matters.

As for Ferrari and Leclerc.... wow. How they manage to screw things up so often leaves me wondering how they even got to be one of the top teams.

Blazing lap by Lewis, he obviously wanted this pole badly. Still a chance for Bottas and possibly even Max to find more race pace and take advantage if Lewis puts it wrong at any time during the race. As for the rest of the field, surprising to me that Haas is the best of the rest after the top 3 teams. KMag has been driving well, but still a surprise to me at Monaco.

And I agree with Duncan about commentary. The Croft/Brundle exchanges just make me crazy. I might have to resort to the methods he is using to turn off the commentary, though I hadn't played with F1 TV enough during live races to find that function yet.

9. Likes: Tazio (26th May 2019)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    There is 60% chance of rain tomorrow. There is everything to drive for. Bottas v2.0 has continued to impress, l expect he would give Hamilton a good fight when the lights go out tomorrow. That was an inspired lap to take pole by Hamilton. Once again, Bottas pushed the bar up and up to demand a flawless lap from Hamilton. But Hamilton had the answer in what was a very elated response once pole was confirmed.

Verstapenn did not disappoint. The Redbull did not have enough performance to split the Mercedes. But l have a feeling that he would have a strong race pace, which could really bother the Mercedes. Very unlucky for Gasly to pickup a penalty.

What can l say about Ferrari? They are still very much prone to errors at all fronts. It is really surprising to find a Ferrari going out of qualifying in Q1. The Ferrari team seem very rattled at the moment.

Magnussen would be starting at his highest position of the season in 5th. And Ricciado dragged the underperforming Renault car up to sixth; their best start this year.

Just in case there is any doubts, the Mercedes W10 is at this point of the season, the best car on the grid. Unfortunately, Ferrari did not make hay when they had a clear advantage over the Mercedes at the early stages of the season and they are paying dearly for it at the moment. Because Mercedes have worked really hard to close the gap to Ferrari and have somehow managed to take one step ahead of the grid in the process.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th May 2019 at 10:52.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

11. Likes: Duncan (26th May 2019)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Verstappen, in a RB, without Ricciardo as a team mate, in Monaco. Qualifies 3rd.

Fail!

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Weather at Monaco may be 20 degrees celcius, 10% chance of rain at the start of the race. Chances are that would be no rain today through out the race. Dry race chaps!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2019-05-26
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Hamilton is likely to win. In isolation it's no big deal for Bottas. But in a tight championship battle atm, it'll be today where the bad starts off PP in China and Spain is going to hurt.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Well done, LeClerc - spreading bits of his rear tyre all over the track.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.