Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    So that's actually Hamilton's best start to the season after 5 races, but only because of the bonus FL point. Otherwise it's equal best along with 2015. Back then, he lead the championship to Rosberg 111-91. Now it's obviously 112-105.

So who's going to blink first?

What circumstance may break the sequence of 1-2 finishes?

The way the season is going. A single dnf (regardless of reason) may be an insurmountable lead to make up?

Sensational goal from Mahrez!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    This should be a pretty sobering GP for Ferrari. After this race, or maybe a month later a most, the Italian press should explode calling for the head of a scapegoat, whoever that is. But in my humble opinion, the mistakes were made before this season. In particular, I don't get the firing of Maurizio Arrivabene. Under his lead, from 2014 on, Ferrari rose up from the ashes and became a challenger to the Mercedes team in 2017 and 2018. Why fire him now right before the 2019 season started? This was a poor decision.

3. Likes: Mia 01 (13th May 2019),Tazio (12th May 2019),truefan72 (12th May 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    This should be a pretty sobering GP for Ferrari. After this race, or maybe a month later a most, the Italian press should explode calling for the head of a scapegoat, whoever that is. But in my humble opinion, the mistakes were made before this season. In particular, I don't get the firing of Maurizio Arrivabene. Under his lead, from 2014 on, Ferrari rose up from the ashes and became a challenger to the Mercedes team in 2017 and 2018. Why fire him now right before the 2019 season started? This was a poor decision.
    A crazy decision alright but not too surprising that Italians would have such knee jerk reactions. Ferrari can forget about this year already. The gap to Mercedes was startling in Spain. It wouldn't surprise me to see Mercedes 1-2 in every race this season but I'm sure I'm wrong on that point and I hope that we have some sort of challenge from someone, even Max Verstappen as he looks the most likely.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    It would be quite stupid for Ferrari to start firing anyone else at this point. They brought engine upgrades but the problem is on the chassis side. They have changed something that has messed up the overall aerodynamic characteristic of the car that worried everyone during winter testing. The Ferrari is losing a lot of speed in the corners and chicanes to Redbull and Mercedes. It is looking like Ferrari has gone down another dodgy development path like they did in 2018. The question is, can they find their way back out of it in good time to recover their performance?

I think it is too early to write off Ferrari. If they can find a work around to their problems, chances are that they may quickly get on level terms with the Mercedes pair.

What a great start by Hamilton and Vettel. It is also interesting that Lewis made an effort to pickup the fastest lap point as well. Max Verstapenn was brilliant today as well. Jumping ahead of the Ferraris that struggled to keep up with him over a whole lap. I was expecting something special from Leclerc at this race but it did not materialize this weekend. The Mercedes was not really pushed this weekend, they were not bothered at all. I think the Mercedes W10 is an under estimated car. It may have a straight line speed deficit to the Ferrari, but over a full lap, it is quicker than the Ferrari.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 12th May 2019 at 21:27.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    Gotta disagree - Ferrari are done. They have a clear lack of pace. This season is going to once again be between Hamilyon and Bottas.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I hope that we have some sort of challenge from someone, even Max Verstappen as he looks the most likely.
    Max might be able to challenge Mercedes in the next race at Monaco.

8. Likes: N. Jones (13th May 2019)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This was the worst race of the season so far for Ferrari. That whole race they were nowhere. The updates they brought to this race seemed to be useless. Also, what are people opinions on the future of motor sports. I have done this survey for a university report click the link and tell me what you think. https://forms.gle/e9RH37HzXUyfZEae8 Its only going take 1 minute to complete.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Personally a happy day for me with a Lewis win, and also I was really impressed with Max's drive today, especially at the start. Max going into the first turn while describing it as being hectic, and decided then to back out of it. Showing some patience, which wouldn't have happened with Max earlier in his career. Drove a well paced race today to a well deserved third place.

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    Did the stewards lay any blame on the Stroll-Norris crash?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    I think most of us wondered if Redbull would be able to put one their cars on the podium this season with the Honda engine. They have done it at this race, l am sure the Redbull chassis is flattering the Honda engine to be better than it actually is. That said, it is very clear that the Honda engine has leapfrog the Renault engine on the performance front. One could argue that chassis superiority has accounted for that. There is no way to say if the Renault engine in the Redbull would not produce the same result. Especially since most the performance gains are in the corners and not on the straights. Thus, aero generated performances.

The rate of progression of the Honda engine would suggest that Honda could be very troublesome for Mercedes and Ferrari before 2021. One wonders if Verstapenn would be patient enough to wait till 2021 to mount a proper championship challenge. If these two things can be managed, to somehow be jointly present by 2021, there is a great chance that the next domination spur could be with Redbull and Honda.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare