Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I think Malaysia is going to come back at some point. Turkey is such a cool track, so was South Korea.

I still miss Imola though.
    Of all tracks that have been lost throughout the years, Imola is the one I long to come back the most.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    So one lousy race track in Europe is replaced by another one. Who cares? Don't get carried away by this too much.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I couldn’t care less about Barcelona either. Awful race track. I think one year in Barcelona there was only one overtake the entire race cirqua 2001-2004. Monaco had more that year.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I couldn’t care less about Barcelona either. Awful race track. I think one year in Barcelona there was only one overtake the entire race cirqua 2001-2004. Monaco had more that year.
    the problem with Barcelona is that useless final chicane ( turns 13, 14,15) and the shortened turn 10.
    Go back to the old layout and you would see a much better track and way more overtaking.

I know the worry was the entry speed after turn 12 going all the way to the star straight, But i trust the cars and drivers now more to handle that part of the track.
    If anything they could add a small jink (like turn 1, 2 or 7/8) between turn 12 and 15 in order to reduce a bit of the speed and allow the cars to close up slightly for the slipstream into the the front straight.

there, problem fixed. And with a year off they should do those changes
    They can keep the old layout for testing etc.

Last edited by truefan72; 16th May 2019 at 06:06.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    the problem with Barcelona is that useless final chicane ( turns 13, 14,15) and the shortened turn 10.
    Go back to the old layout and you would see a much better track and way more overtaking.

I know the worry was the entry speed after turn 12 going all the way to the star straight, But i trust the cars and drivers now more to handle that part of the track.
    If anything they could add a small jink (like turn 1, 2 or 7/8) between turn 12 and 15 in order to reduce a bit of the speed and allow the cars to close up slightly for the slipstream into the the front straight.

there, problem fixed. And with a year off they should do those changes
    They can keep the old layout for testing etc.
    That's silly. Was it that different with the old layout? Reverting to the old layout would make the last turn faster which would make it more difficult for cars to follow each other. The problem is the way f1 cars work, too much downforce. And Barcelona is the track where all the winter testing happens. They really know this track. And the weather is almost always good so very few chances for it to mix the field a little.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Its official, Zandvoort is in the calendar for 2020. We have to give it the benefit of the doubt. It may turn out to be a pleasant surprise as was Baku. Though, l fail to see any sort of changes to the track to warrant its place on the calendar for 2020. Which would suggest that Liberty think only minor changes are required, which they probably think would be possible for the track owners to implement before the Zandvoort race next year.

I wonder if Bernie would even considered looking at Zanvoort to host a F1 race? This is one to watch. Fitting F1 into the very busy calendar of the Assen track may have contributed to Liberty opting for Zandvoort. Even so, it still makes me wonder.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 20th May 2019 at 16:54.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    So Zandvoort is additional race? 1 more for Mercedes to win?

This should have been instead of the Montmelo track which is the official test track anyway
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    So Zandvoort is additional race? 1 more for Mercedes to win?

This should have been instead of the Montmelo track which is the official test track anyway
    Zandvoort is more a Redbull track than a Mercedes track. The straights are not long enough and there are quite a few punishing chicanes that Redbulls excel at.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Well with Alonso now gone from F1 the fans in Spain are kind of mild. And though there might not be much passing at Zandvoort either, the sea of orange should be a change of pace. Especially since the RB tends to like such tracks.

I'm going to give it a chance before I think the worst. There are plenty of tracks where there is little overtaking but the strategy and passes that are made can still make for some good races.