https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...-2020-calendar

Heh?
from the article "Barcelona is one of five circuits with expiring contracts at the end of 2019, along with Silverstone, Hockenheim, Monza and Mexico City. All face financial challenges, but the Spanish event is widely regarded as the most vulnerable after losing government support."

There is something fundamentally wrong with these track selections and extortion like fees requested (which I see continue past the bernie era) if a track requires government intervention and financial support to keep it afloat. I will never forgive Bernie for setting the bar so high that awesome tracks like malaysia and Turkey were completely priced out if the calendar, or the millions that India and South Korea invested to build state of the art facilities only to be extorted out of existence just 2 years later. Now we are going to get Vietnam, which I can guarantee you will be off the calendar by 2022.

As entertaining and compelling as the product is, the powers to be are going to kill this sport out of greed.
The absurd TV contracts significantly restricting an available viewing public, the exorbitant ticket prices and the loss of great venues due to ridiculous fees is gonna be the death of the sport.

Not to mention the ever changing regs that seem to only benefit 3 teams
Keep a stable regs for more than 3 years and you will see the field tighten.