Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    One wild conspiracy theory out there is that Märtin is testing the new Ford for Ott.

lol

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (27th June 2019),AnttiL (27th June 2019),EstWRC (27th June 2019),krissucool (28th June 2019),pantealex (27th June 2019)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    One wild conspiracy theory out there is that Märtin is testing the new Ford for Ott.

lol
    Interesting theory and surely they will discuss their experiences. But i am not sure how much actual advantege it gives to Ott. While Märtin is good and experienced driver, modern WRC cars are quite different from the ones which he drove years ago. For him it would be challenge to learn all adjustment options, find best settings for his driving style etc - it probably will take more than one test and one rally to learn enough about the car to be competitive and even more to give meaningful feedback for other drivers.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post

lol
    It’s actually not that wild and my thought was the same when I heard it.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

WRC Promotional event Shell Helix Rally Estonia

But Tänak knows the Fiesta well and the changes in the past 18 months cannot be so drastic. It would be more plausible if Märtin would drive Hyundai or Citroen. Unless renting a car involves access to some confidential information about it...

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    But Tänak knows the Fiesta well and the changes in the past 18 months cannot be so drastic. It would be more plausible if Märtin would drive Hyundai or Citroen. Unless renting a car involves access to some confidential information about it...
    that ,,testing for Ott'' is pretty stupid thought.. Ott could change the Fiestas engine ja gearbox blindfolded if needed. Märtin has very good connections with M-Sport and Wilson and as Märtin is running his own team(renting Fiesta R5s and servicing them), it's the only logical way to drive the Fiesta WRC. I bet that he has driven the new gen WRC quite many kilometers, as Tänak's team ownes one and Gross is driving it..

Liked 582 Times in 177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    I bet that he has driven the new gen WRC quite many kilometers, as Tänak's team ownes one and Gross is driving it..
    Exactly and now he get´s latest spec and will feel the difference.
    I bet this ex-Östberg Fiesta hasn´t got latest upgrades and that´s why this could be important information for Ott. :P

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Umh, wild fantasies. They are basically the same cars, just finetuned. A driver, not familiar with current rallies doing a one-off local event doesn`t have anything wise to say to a guy, who drove it in 2017 and won with it. Or you seriously believe they know how to tell 0.02323 (example) differences Fiesta17 vs Fiesta 19 Vs fiesta20 vs Yaris19vs Yaris20? Same can be done by monitoring Suninen/evans on different rallies.

Plus....i think there would be no problem to arrange a "meeting" in Dovenby which involves some driving...or upgrade the 17spec they have. In the end, everything can be expected when the season starts.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eib1 View Post
    Exactly and now he get´s latest spec and will feel the difference.
    I bet this ex-Östberg Fiesta hasn´t got latest upgrades and that´s why this could be important information for Ott. :P
    Gross's Fiesta is older gen WRC (2011) thus quite pointless to compare these 2 Fiestas

Liked 582 Times in 177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Gross's Fiesta is older gen WRC (2011) thus quite pointless to compare these 2 Fiestas
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/carinfo...1659&a=1#start

11. Likes: cali (27th June 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Must take back everything I've said thanks!