Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I guess it is because Rally Estonia organizers have paid enormous effort in order to transform the roads into conditions as they are in Finland. They have built trampolines and jumps in order to get the character of the roads suitable. Also for example the ''Truuta'' area which adds a custom designed superspecial stage effect into one of the most famous stages, creating a new dimension to spectating a special stage.

Nevertheless, so frustrating spectacle to see such innovators of the sport forced into unthinkable solutions :/
    Last edited by RaceRR; 27th February 2020 at 10:39.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    i have been thinking all yesterday and today what to say...

but im just lost with words and actually cant even think what to say.

the guys in EAL dont even realize what damage they have done to Rally Estonia and also for themselves.

this is just sad, very sad....
    Last edited by EstWRC; 27th February 2020 at 10:53.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: abcrally (27th February 2020),maailmameister (27th February 2020),the sniper (27th February 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i have been thinking all yesterday and today what to say...

but im just lost with words and actually cant even think what to say.

the guys in EAL dont even realize what damage they have done to Rally Estonia and also for themselves.

this is just sad, very sad....
    I have received some small portion of information from members of EAL and it changes quite bit my understanding of the whole situation. Unfortunately I cannot reveal all of it but just let me say where's smoke there's fire and this feud is caused by both parties, not just by EAL.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

5. Likes: AnttiL (27th February 2020),flat_right (27th February 2020),PLuto (1st March 2020)
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    The problem with Autoglym was that it was very different character compared to NORF. I have talked to some teams who took part and they were not happy with the "test conditions." One of the team boss even told that it was so strange that Rally in Finland was so different to NORF while RE was very similar to NORF and much better for test (he had cars in both rallies).
    Strange comment about Autoglym roads. What I have heard from interviews they used difficult stages, some of them even more demanding than Rally Finland. Some teams asked more narrow and slower roads too but if they did find those from Rally Estonia - I'm very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    And the saga continues...
    EAL (estonian autosport governing body) announced that Rally Estonia has been misinforming the public and things are not so as they seem. Blaming that they receive very small proportion of governing support (90000 € vs. 980000 €) and throwing some other facts on to the table which in further investigation were not true at all.

Today Tallink (biggest shipping company on Baltic Sea) announced that they will withdraw their support from EAL and continue with Rally Estonia only.

For EAL this now getting very bad publicity as even our Parlament is today discussing this feud.

And now Oleg Gross has released a statement that he will personally pay the 100 000 € fee for Rally Estonia.

Crazy world were living in....

Can't help but think there has to be other issues too than the extra fee of 100k.

Why nobody questions about the fee Rally Estonia has paid to WRC promoter in 2019. Maybe that is secret amount but in any case that fee is huge too.
    Or does somebody believe they did not pay to WRC promoter

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcrally View Post
    Can't help but think there has to be other issues too than the extra fee of 100k.

Why nobody questions about the fee Rally Estonia has paid to WRC promoter in 2019. Maybe that is secret amount but in any case that fee is huge too.
    Or does somebody believe they did not pay to WRC promoter
    Yes, there's reasons behind it.

Fees:
    Approx 350 000 to promoter
    Approx 260 000 to the Manufacturers

9. Likes: the sniper (27th February 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcrally View Post
    Strange comment about Autoglym roads. What I have heard from interviews they used difficult stages, some of them even more demanding than Rally Finland. Some teams asked more narrow and slower roads too but if they did find those from Rally Estonia - I'm very surprised.

I would say that Autoglym has used faster roads than Rally Finland, especially in the last two years with Rally Finland using more of smaller roads. Autoglym has been an event mostly for historic cars and partly for drivers without pace notes, which doesn't usually get too fast on wide public roads. In turn, these roads withstand rallying better and require less repairing. It's also true that the roads in the area of Autoglym are a bit different to Jyväskylä area, but not so drastically. It's more about the road selection than the geography.

As for Rally Estonia, to me it seems half of the roads are super fast, much faster than Rally Finland has, and half are slower. I mean, I haven't been to Rally Estonia or any Estonian gravel roads myself, but from videos it seems they get more rutted and are generally softer than anything in Rally Finland. Even the smallest roads in Rally Finland like Oittila or Pihlajakoski beginnings are more technical and have more stones in the mix than the Rally Estonia roads. Meanwhile, the fast sections in Estonia are often super fast with "long" crests and bends whereas Rally Finland often more crests and they are sharper. There seems also to be some sections with no ditches but instead "banks" on the side of the road.

At the same time, I don't have a reason to doubt bluuford's comment. It's surprising but interesting to hear.

Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    I have received some small portion of information from members of EAL and it changes quite bit my understanding of the whole situation. Unfortunately I cannot reveal all of it but just let me say where's smoke there's fire and this feud is caused by both parties, not just by EAL.
    But do you know if this information that you have is "coming out" in some form? Of course I'm not that naive to think that everything that was said and done was also made public but on the other hand I can't understand if there is blame by Aava and co. towards EAL, then why won't EAL say the things Aava and co have done? But can you reveal (based on the info) is it about money or something else?

Yes, there's reasons behind it.

Fees:
    Approx 350 000 to promoter
    Approx 260 000 to the Manufacturers

Huge numbers!
    I have a feeling that the extra fee of 100 000 was not the biggest issue for Aava & co.

13. Likes: cali (27th February 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    They had to pay those promoter and manufacturer fees last year as well? It's what you need to get the WRC Promotional event status?

15. Likes: cali (27th February 2020)