Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Liked 101 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    How does it make it easier to attempt other WRC teams ?

Could be otherway round now as Ott is WDC.
    If I'm not mistaken, being a promotional event means that one car from every team is mandatory.

EDIT: I was mistaken. Urmo Aava said that "the organisers can't force anyone".
    Last edited by sinepikohv; 31st October 2019 at 16:15. Reason: Fake news

2. Likes: pantealex (31st October 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    How does it make it easier to attempt other WRC teams ?

Could be otherway round now as Ott is WDC.
    Promotional event status is easiet to get*

4. Likes: pantealex (31st October 2019)
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    today there could be an announcement that the rally is cancelled....the problem? money....suddenly Estonian Autosport Union wants a share of it, they say that they are basically left out and they require 100 000 euros from the organizers. Estonian Autosport Union board members dont even hide that they want to fill the union thin pocket with this money.

The rally organizers said they are not able to meet such a requirement by law, the Board of the Estonian Autosport Union imposed an international rally registration fee of EUR 100,000. Given that last year the registration fee was € 2000, it was increased by 5000%.

Aava is sain that they have tired to find a compromise etc but nothing so far.

Also this: "However, it has been understood from the Autosport Union that the withdrawal of the Rally Estonia organizers does not necessarily mean that the top rally will be canceled. The federation may also consider organizing a top rally event itself. It is believed that this can be done in a simpler format and at a lower cost than Rally Estonia."

i would like to see how they would manage it. Aava and his team have a very good reputation among the teams and wrc world and they have a huge experience now.

there is a sayin in estonian that "eestlase lemmiktoit on teine eestlane" meaning "estonian favorite food is another estonian" and it bodes well here.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 21st February 2020 at 08:22.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (21st February 2020),AnttiL (21st February 2020),argomees (21st February 2020),cali (21st February 2020),ceemic (21st February 2020),Eli (21st February 2020),flat_right (22nd February 2020),maailmameister (21st February 2020),Micke_VOC (21st February 2020),Rallyper (21st February 2020),the sniper (21st February 2020),tr4m (22nd February 2020)
    Liked 96 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

there is a sayin in estonian that "eestlase lemmiktoit on teine eestlane" meaning "estonian favorite food is another estonian" and it bodes well here.
    Maybe not that applicable here given the fact that the president of the Estonian Autosport Union is Ari Vatanen. Finnish revenge for Tänak's and Märtin's actions? It is an idiotic situation for sure.
    Last edited by Päss1928; 21st February 2020 at 10:47.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Umh, like many nations have presidents as representatives, i believe that is the case here also. These conspiracy theories may lead to many-many wrong accusations.
    Money is always nice, business is business. Just some people saw an opportunity where to get more and since they have an advantage, they took it.

9. Likes: AnttiL (21st February 2020),cali (21st February 2020),flat_right (22nd February 2020),maailmameister (21st February 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    I have a feeling that EAL wants to bypass Aava & Co. and organise this rally by themselves. I guess they see how much they can make and attract sponsors.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 21st February 2020 at 14:47.

11. Likes: EstWRC (21st February 2020),flat_right (22nd February 2020)
    Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I have a feeling that EAL wants to bypass Aava & Co. and organise this rally by themselves. I guess they see how much they can make and attract sponsors.

But could they really attract so many sponsors etc, if there isnt Aava & Co, who are organizing it? I mean RE team have done very good job and I guess sponsors kinda trust them.If some other guys try to manage it, then im pretty sure that, EAL wont pull it off. At the end of a day its 10 years of hard work, that have bring them to this point, EAL could make it work with this kind of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post

exactly and its just so wrong.

Aava and co have worked for 10 years their asses off to get all these sponsors, money and etc and to make this rally happen every time.

Now suddenly EAL wants a share of it. Go work yourself up and earn your money. Where were you when Rally Estonia wasnt doing so well? Nowhere!

and whats also bad, for sure these news have now spread outside estonia and its such a bad publicity for Aava and co. considering they really want a wrc round here in the future.

ridiculous...

comment from head organizer Tarmo Hõbe

The main concern is the registration fee for the competition, which amounts to 100,000 euros. "That's justmindblowing sum of money. What's happening is unrealistic, as no 5,000 percent price increase has been seen in any country. I dare to say that this is a violation of competition law, »

Hõbe was also surprised that bringing the WRC rally to Estonia was no longer a top priority. A year ago, the position of the EAL was quite different. “Last year we knew that bringing the WRC rally to Estonia was a priority, and so we signed a Memorandum of Understanding. It was signed by us, the WRC promoter, the Estonian state and the EAL. It is very surprising to hear that this is no longer the main goal for them anymore. »

This year, Rally Estonia should celebrate its tenth anniversary. Unfortunately, it is not clear at the moment whether this is happening at all. Much work has been done to this end. Hõbe stated: «Rally Estonia has been carried by 3 people and now EAL wants to take part in it. Previously, no interest in the event was shown. Now that we've got the organization and funding in place, they are just starting to do disservice. We definitely want to work together, but they should come to their minds first. »
    Last edited by EstWRC; 21st February 2020 at 16:17.

14. Likes: cali (21st February 2020),dimviii (21st February 2020),flat_right (22nd February 2020),Micke_VOC (21st February 2020),skarderud (22nd February 2020)
    Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if something like that happened in my country...but I really thought there's no such behaviour in Estonia!

Well, you live and learn...

But I'm more and more sure, that this unquenchable human greed will be the end of us all, sooner rather than later...
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

16. Likes: cali (21st February 2020),EstWRC (21st February 2020),Katvala (21st February 2020),skarderud (22nd February 2020)
    Here’s a “story” of the situation https://youtu.be/UsgkK520bUc