Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

WRC Promotional event Shell Helix Rally Estonia

Citroën Total World Rally Team crew Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm is first WRC entry in Shell Helix Rally Estonia

Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm starting in Shell Helix Rally Estonia with Citroën C3 WRC
    Citroën Total WRT praises Shell Helix Rally Estonia as a good preparation for Rally Finland
    Shell Helix Rally Estonia rallypasses on sale
    Citroën Total WRT crew Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm will start in Shell Helix Rally Estonia which is for the first time official WRC promotional event. Rally Estonia is held on 12-14 of July in South Estonia. Lappi and Ferm with Citroen C3 WRC is the first WRC crew from WRC manufacturer team in this year’s entry list. As the conditions are similar to Rally Finland the Finns are definitely fast and one’s to watch for overall victory. Lappi and Ferm have competed in Rally Estonia 2014 with S2000 car. They ended fifth overall.

Starting from this year are they driving for Citroën Total WRT and are currently 8th in WRC drivers standings. Their best result this year is second place from Rally Sweden.

Esapekka Lappi: “Rally Finland is obviously very important to me. I am happy to be able to take advantage of this additional chance to drive, in order to approach the leg as prepared as possible, and because the Estonian stages have so many similarities to those in the Jyväskylä region and the local fans show us such an enthusiastic welcome.”

Pierre Budar, Citroën Racing Team Principal: “We had an especially warm welcome while we were here last year, and the very real conditions of this testing round helped a great deal as it contributed greatly to the second place we then secured in Finland. It is now with this same objective that we return with Esapekka in order to prepare him for the WRC round on his home soil as much as possible and to gain data that will be beneficial to Sebastien.”

The fact that Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm and Citroën Total WRT are starting in Shell Helix Rally Estonia is important for Citroën importer in Baltic states, Veho Eesti AS.

Mihkel Vaks, member of the board Veho Eesti AS: “Once again we’re glad to welcome official Citroën Total WRT team competing in Estonia. In cooperation with rally organizers and other importers we contribute all together that Estonia will be favored destination to held official WRC promotional event. Continuous enthusiasm from WRC manufacturer teams is a sign that in the future can Estonia host official WRC round.”

Director of Shell Helix Rally Estonia Urmo Aava adds that they have longer and productive cooperation with Citroën.

“The fact that we have Citroën team third time in Estonia is a sign of trust and the feedback has been constructive. Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm are very popular among Estonian rallyfans and we hope to see many supporters from Finland too. Like the constructive cooperation with Citroën Total WRT the cooperation with Citroën importer in Baltics, Veho Eesti AS has been and I hope will be in future same,” said Urmo Aava, director of Shell Helix Rally Estonia.

Rallypasses are now available on Shell Helix Rally Estonia official website Price 24 euros.

Shell Helix Rally Estonia 2019 is held on 12.-14. July 2019 in Tartu, Otepää, Elva, Kanepi and Kambja. It is a round of Estonian, Latvian and FIA European Rally Cup and Official WRC promotional event.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Very reasonable price for a WRC event

but local rallies should be Free.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Paying for WRC teams, building-repairing roads, closing them, organizing safety, spectator areas, live media...can`t be done for free, although the forests aren`t locked... SSS are free and as i can see, some concerts are also in the price.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    It’s Mikkelsen from Hyundai as announced just today
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: AnttiL (6th May 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    It’s Mikkelsen from Hyundai as announced just today
    Like I posted elsewhere earlier, it makes sense since Neuville is doing Ypres and Loeb the French event. Sordo also got to do a Portuguese rally in an R5.

Andrea Adamo, Team Director of Hyundai Motorsport:“We are happy to join Rally Estonia again this year because it is always great to participate in such events, which are well organized and witnessed by so many passionate spectators. This will be a good opportunity for us to prepare for Rally Finland a month later and put us into the right rhythm. The level of the event this year will be even more interesting as there will be quite a few WRC competitors there.”

Andreas Mikkelsen: “I’m really looking forward to compete at Rally Estonia in July. Rally Finland is such a special rally, being so fast and the roads are so wide, that going to Rally Estonia will be great to get into the rhythm on very similar conditions. It might be a bit more sandy in some places but still I am sure it will really help our Finland venture. I have done a rally in Estonia back in 2006 and have not been there in a really long time and I really look forward to it. From what we have seen from Estonian fans around the world, I’m sure their passion will welcome us all.”

https://rallyestonia.com/en/spectato...IHBQ4lnKVapic4

10. Likes: AnttiL (6th May 2019)
    Fastest Russian team in WRC Nikolay Gryazin and Yaroslav Feodorov starting in Shell Helix Rally Estonia

https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spec...hxI2QeMNoqTEPY

12. Likes: Hartusvuori (14th May 2019),tommeke_B (14th May 2019)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Previous winner Ralfs Sirmacis back at Shell Helix Rally Estonia
    Rally Estonia is favorite rally for Sirmacis
    Sirmacis just won his class in Rally Liepaja
    Shell Helix Rally Estonia is round of Latvian championship
    Ralfs Sirmacis, winner of Rally Estonia 2016 and one of the fastest Latvian rally drivers is coming back to Estonia. He and Ralfs Igavenš will start at Shell Helix Rally Estonia held on 12-14 of July. Fresh winners of ERC 2 category at FIA ERC Rally Liepaja will drive this time Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X prepared by Latvian team ASRT. The participation of Ralfs Sirmacis and Ralfs Igavenš at Official WRC Promotional event is in cooperation with Pirelli and Sportland.

Three times FIA ERC European Rally Championship rally winner Sirmacis finished 3rdoverall in the series in 2016. Last weekend Sirmacis and Igavenš started their home FIA ERC event in Liepaja where they won ERC 2 category. Their next rally will be Shell Helix Rally Estonia.

Ralfs Sirmacis: “Shell Helix Rally Estonia is still my favorite rally. It is fast, with jumps and corners which makes it very enjoyable. Of course I wanted to drive it once again with R5 car but I’m sure it will fun with Mitsubishi Lancer EVO too. In Rally Liepaja we saw that we have the pace and we will give our maximum at Rally Estonia.”
    A.Pommer

14. Likes: EstWRC (27th May 2019)