Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    As far as I'm concerned, Ferrari did the right thing in pitting Vettel first. Had they pitted Leclerc first, I they could have lost both positions to Verstappen - Leclerc's might have already been lost the moment Max came in, as pitting immediately could have easily resulted in him leaving the pits behind Max. It was just very unfortunate that nothing seemed to go his way today with the strategy, but I doubt Ferrari could have done much differently.

The team's priority cannot be to protect the driver in 4th place, but rather, to ensure that the other driver finishes on the podium.

2. Likes: gm99 (14th April 2019),journeyman racer (14th April 2019)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Very brave of TBK to turn up after Hamilton won. Bottas made gains with the undercut, but he made further gains after Hamilton made his stop. It doesn't matter as track position seem to have a bigger effect than what is typical.

How fitting is it that the most successful driver on the gird wins the 1000th race? How lame can you be?

Also, where is this "fearsome" Ferrari Nitrodaze said they had, one which Hamilton had to look deep in his soul to overcome?

I saw a powderpuff Ferrari today.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    They protected the driver in 4th place when they swapped Leclerc and Vettel. Keeping Vettel behind Leclerc would have ensured Leclerc finished on the podium. Like I said, the swapping of positions would only be understandable towards the latter half of the season, not on the third race in.

It was also very obvious Vettel wasn’t any quicker than Leclerc after a couple of laps behind so they had plenty of time to swap them back again before Verstappen’s pit stop. They knew the risks when they made the decision and decided Leclerc was expendible.

N4D13's interpretation of the situation is the correct one.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Very brave of TBK to turn up after Hamilton won.
    Don't be surprised if people fail to interact with you if you keep writing this garbage. I certainly won't do so again.

7. Likes: journeyman racer (14th April 2019)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Unfortunately, Ferrari are not looking like Championship winning material once again. They have failed to take advantage of their performance advantage on these last three races. In this race the pitwall was sluggish and poor on the uptake letting the Redbull split their cars. They should have swapped Vettel and Leclerc sooner, not after Vettel had been badly hurt by being behind Leclerc for so long. When they finally did, they should have protected Leclerc from Verstapenn by stopping him so soon are they could after the Vettel stop.

Based on what l have seen today, Ferrari are looking like being very unlikely to win any of the championships this season.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 14th April 2019 at 10:38.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Good one, you hero. Where would the garbage be that I posted? I was the only one that had any semblance of interpreting the race correctly, as you could see on my second post itt.

People fail to interact with me? No one post here! How am I going to cope when the other sites I post on are 5-10 times busier that this? There are non-motor racing sites with a motorsport section that have bigger F1 thread that this one.

The lurkers of this site would much rather avoid my posts to read gems like yours in the Bahrain thread? "Err, I haven't seen a new Bottas." You were probably disappointed in my response in that thread because it means you couldn't take a swipe at him in this race (Which no doubt you would've loved to have done)

As far as TBK is concerned, he's probably cost this site a lot of potential members with his pathetic fanaticism. Whether Hamilton won by 5, 10 or 15secs, the effect is still the same. So there's no point in embellishing Hamilton and the win like he does.

Tazio offered a lot itt.

Where is truefan? Quick to like Tazio's post, but no commentary? Bottas' last stop was also 0.2secs quicker than Hamilton's. Obviously MB are favouring him...

Bottas was obviously so mentally destroyed in Bahrain, he took pole yesterday.

I'm going to like your posts from now on, regardless of how bad it is. (Or at least whenever I can remember to do so)

Gasly put out a better drive at this race but is still suffering from something. He did a great overtake of Kimi and kept the 2nd Redbull on 6th position where he is required to be by the team. Albon showcased his renowned overtaking ability at this race bringing his Torro Rosso from 15th to 10th place. Great drive.

It was also a great weekend for Ricciado, finishing as best of the rest behind the Redbull of Gasly in 7th. Kimi drove brilliantly as did Perez for Racing Point. Haas was disappointing at this race. But Williams can be a little content with knowing that they have very good reliability so far.
    William Shakespeare

11. Likes: airshifter (14th April 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Quite the interesting start to the race. The cars in the right side of the track seemed to have a quicker start, so I wonder whether that was just a coincidence or the track conditions benefitted Hamilton, Leclerc et al.

That drive through penalty for Kyvat looked excessive to me. AFAIC, it was a racing accident which didn't deserve such a strong penalty. If he hadn't taken out both Maccas, he would have been OK, but I'm not sure that it's reasonable to give a ~20 second penalty over an innocent mistake.

Also, the Leclerc balloon seems to have lost a bit of hot air. This weekend he seems slightly slower than his teammate. It turns out Vettel is not quite as much of a slouch as some in the press pointed out after Bahrain.

And Hamilton looks much faster than Bottas in race trim. There was nothing between teammates in the first rows (barring the bulls), but differences in race pace are much more significant.
    I agree Kyvat was unfairly punished. Especially as it appears someone crashed into him, hence the reason why he crashed into Lando.
    William Shakespeare

13. Likes: truefan72 (14th April 2019)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Unfortunately, Ferrari are not looking like Championship winning material once again. They have failed to take advantage of their performance advantage on these last three races. In this race the pitwall was sluggish and poor on the uptake letting the Redbull split their cars. They should have swapped Vettel and Leclerc sooner, not after Vettel had been badly hurt by being behind Leclerc for so long. When they finally did, they should have protected Leclerc from Verstapenn by stopping him so soon are they could after the Vettel stop.

Based on what l have seen today, Ferrari are looking like being very unlikely to win any of the championships this season.

I might be wrong but suspect the Ferrari's will thrive again where its warmer. Not sure what the track temps were in China today but they looked really quick in testing in Spain... and again in Bahrain. On that subject... How many 'hot' races are in the F1 callender?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!