Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    That should be able to recognize on incar vids, then. I haven´t had the time.

Seems though he tried to go on but didn´t manage to get manual shifting work, or what did he try to do, standing aside of the stage?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Probably just trying to find out what's wrong. Not sure why he tried manual shift if the hydraulics weren't broken.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    He went out to have a look around the car, then tried manual shifting...probably just didn`t know what was happening and started trying.

4. Likes: AnttiL (12th May 2019)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Driveshaft knocked around and broke something in the gear linkage somehow...?
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 12th May 2019 at 10:15.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

6. Likes: Rallyper (12th May 2019)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    I was looking on the available onboards and it's not easy to indentify. Attached is the only really clear picture from Meeke (who drove in front of him).

It is not the first two big rocks in the ditch, cause they are on exactly same spot and unmoved also when Ogier and Tanak pass after JML, and his "impact" happens noticeably later than the spot where these are.

There are possibly 2 white/light grey rocks just after them on the left side, but it's not easy to see from any other onboards. (Latvala's onboard in highlights has terrible quality so you can't see anything)

Note that Meeke does a correction on this place, first turning in too much and then correcting out just after the big rocks. It's on 3:35 on the onboard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mknight; 12th May 2019 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I was looking on the available onboards and it's not easy to indentify. Attached is the only really clear picture from Meeke (who drove in front of him).

It is not the first two big rocks in the ditch, cause they are on exactly same spot and unmoved also when Ogier and Tanak pass after JML, and his "impact" happens noticeably later than the spot where these are.

There are possibly 2 white/light grey rocks just after them on the left side, but it's not easy to see from any other onboards. (Latvala's onboard in highlights has terrible quality so you can't see anything)

Note that Meeke does a correction on this place, first turning in too much and then correcting out just after the big rocks. It's on 3:35 on the onboard.
    Those two rocks doesn´t seem to even be in the raceline... why should he´d driven on them?
    Last edited by Rallyper; 12th May 2019 at 11:20.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    He didn't, read again.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    He didn't, read again.
    Ok. My bad.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    With a warrior's mind found, and the big doubts of the Tour de Corse raised, the Alsatian driver has achieved a high quality afternoon, punctuated by a scratch allowing him to pick up at the heels of Sebastien Ogier.

At the service park tonight, and as this afternoon finally, the Hyundai driver has appeared with a very serene face and unprecedented confidence since his debut with Hyundai.
    How was your day Sébastien?

"We did not have any problems. I attacked hard from the beginning to the end of the day, so I'm happy to be here after not making mistakes. The feeling is good, the car too, so I hope we can continue on a good pace tomorrow. "
    How did you manage to accelerate the pace like that since the start?

"The key has been to find confidence in the rear end, to control the glide with this car and to simply make more miles to understand it. "
    What do you think of tomorrow's specials?

"They are very different from today. We'll see what we can do. Tomorrow it will be very close and fast, it will take a lot of confidence in these specials, we'll see. They do not please me especially because there are many summits and it will really have to be in confidence.

Today, the stages were faster and faster, it's more in my style and I had a perfect feeling with the car so we had a good day. "
    Wednesday night, you said that a podium would be beautiful for you. You're off to a good start.

"Yes, it would still be beautiful but it remains a complicated day before. We will see how we feel, and we will do the best. After the shakedown, I felt pretty bad, I did not know how to make time with the car, it took getting used to the driving style of the car. "
    After your difficulties in Corsica, is it a kind of relief for you to play in front?

"It's definitely good to be in front. Being all the time behind is not the most fun so yes it's nice anyway. And it feels good to feel comfortable in the car and ride free. It was cool, the car is really good on the ground and I feel good. "
    https://www.rallye-sport.fr/loeb-ca-...-detre-devant/

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    1194/5000
    However, his situation remains very fragile since the French now has only five seconds ahead of his compatriot Sebastien Loeb, launched on a big pace since Friday afternoon. Not very talkative this afternoon, the gapençais made some extra efforts to respond to media solicitations.
    How was this afternoon?

"It was better than this morning anyway, that's for sure. It's not fantastic either. We lose ten seconds from the last because of the conditions. "
    How to explain this renewed performance?

"Once again, there were a lot of changes on the car for the afternoon, but I think our performance is really related to the level of grip. "
    What are the profiles of the chronos of tomorrow?

"These are not easy specials. There is the Power Stage that is done twice with a lot of gravel in places, quite slippery, it looks a bit like the shakedown profile. The second is quite fast but the narrowest of the rally and a lot of skies, but not really bumps because it does not go fast enough. Like all weekends for us, there are still many unknowns. "

Will you change things on the car?

"We're going to think for tomorrow, but in the idea, the direction we took this afternoon was going in the right direction, so it will certainly be close. "
    How did you approach the right where Thierry left this morning?

"It was a very fast-moving right in the sky that I had noted down to the bottom. On the first pass, I stopped him because the marshals slowed me down and in the second lap, I think I took it the least of all because I had not tested at all in the first lap and I am arrived with a report below. "

https://www.rallye-sport.fr/ogier-il...ses-inconnues/