Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1070
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Again, you are leaving out many important bits...
    1. Hyundai is a factory team in need for titles and Mikkelsen is its no. 2 driver? True?
    2. Mikkelsen was an active full-time driver in WRC , in a WRC car from 2013-2016, Loeb ended his full-time career after 2012. True?
    3. Mikkelsen did three events in a C3, 3 events in the I20, in 2017. True?
    4. In addition to these 3 events in the i20, Mikkelsen also has a full season behind him now. True?
    5. Loeb had three events in the C3, in 2018, podium contender and a winner, whereas he had no experience whatsoever with this generation before. True?
    6. Sordo and Paddon did ~50% of the rounds in 2018, whereas Mikkelsen did the whole season. They were quite level in the standings in the end. True?
    7. Loeb has done –2 events in this season, so far, Mikkelsen -1. Loeb is ahead of him by 3 points. True?
    8. Loeb did a tough challenge called Dakar earlier this year, in a completely different region/timezone, flew back to Europe, immediately tested the i20 for a short distance and started with the recce and competition. Did quite well imho, finishing 4th and grabbing 2 SS wins on the way. True?
    9. Sweden, Mikkelsen can call it his home event, doesn`t get closer than that, Loeb still in a new car, on a surface he last competed in 2013 with a completely different car - six years ago (meanwhile Mikkelsen had done all of them, one with the i20 also). Loeb wasn`t amazing, understandably. True?
    10. Mexico-Mikkelsen was promising in the beginning.
    11. Corsica- another new event in the car for Loeb and mistakes. Was expecting more, at his home event, yes. True?
    12. Argentina-oh, i wish Mikkelsen had found a new going from there.
    13. Chile- Mikkelsen completely lost, Loeb, doing his first gravel event with the car (tested it quite a while back also) improving from 8th place pace to Tänak`s pace, almost took Ogier in a honest fight. True?
    14. See point 1.

A new team, maybe a fresh start "Meeke-style" would help him get to his >2017 form?
    Last edited by Tarmop; 13th May 2019 at 19:33.

2. Likes: dimviii (13th May 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Again, you are leaving out the important bits...
    1. Hyundai is a factory team in need for titles and Mikkelsen is its no. 2 driver? True?
    2. Mikkelsen was an active full-time driver in WRC , in a WRC car from 2013-2016, Loeb ended his full-time career after 2012. True?
    3. Mikkelsen did three events in a C3, 3 events in the I20, in 2017. True?
    4. In addition to these 3 events in the i20, Mikkelsen also has a full season behin him now. True?
    5. Loeb had three events in the C3, in 2018, podium contender and a winner, whereas he had no experience whatsoever with this generation before. True?
    6. Sordo and Paddon did ~50% of the rounds in 2018, whereas Mikkelsen did the whole season. They were quite level in the standings in the end. True?
    7. Loeb has done –2 events in this season, so far, Mikkelsen -1. Loeb is ahead of him by 3 points. True?
    8. Loeb did a tough challenge called Dakar earlier this year, in a completely different region/timezone, flew back to Europe, immediately tested the i20 for a short distance and started with the recce and competition. Did quite well imho, finishing 4th and grabbing 2 SS wins on the way. True?
    9. Sweden, Mikkelsen can call it his home event, doesn`t get closer than that, Loeb still in a new car, on a surface he last competed in 2013 with a completely different car - six years ago (meanwhile Mikkelsen had done all of them, one with the i20 also). Loeb wasn`t amazing, understandably. True?
    10. Mexico-Mikkelsen was promising in the beginning.
    11. Corsica- another new event in the car for Loeb and mistakes. Was expecting more, at his home event, yes. True?
    12. Argentina-oh, i wish Mikkelsen had found a new going from there.
    13. Chile- Mikkelsen completely lost, Loeb, doing his first gravel event with the car (tested it quite a while back also) improving from 8th place pace to Tänak`s pace, almost took Ogier in a honest fight. True?
    14. See point 1.
    1. Yes, they have him to give him manu points and steal points from rivals.
    He is highest scoring (manu points/rally) driver of Loeb, Sordo, Meeke and Latvala so far this season. (hard to compare vs 2 car teams as they don't take points from each other.

2-5. are not questions.

6. Sordo technical issues in 2018: 0
    Paddon technical issues in 2018: 0
    Mikkelsen technical issues in 2018: 4 retirements from 3th (Monte), 4th (Port), 1st (Sard) and again 1st place (Turkey with 40s lead). + 1 tractor on stage

EDIT: Forgot Sardinia

7. Driver points yes, driver points for part-time drivers are relatively pointless. In manu points Mikkelsen has more per start.

8. See previous post

9.-13. are not questions just listing facts.

14. See point 1

--------

I don't see what's your point with the long list? That Mikkelsen is not doing his job as a driver for Hyundai? Clearly so far in 2018 he is (see point 1). But obviously since he is not number 2 behind Neuville on all rallies he can do better.

That Mikkelsen is not as good as Loeb ? Well off course he isn't, Loeb has 9 titles and came back and immediately showed he can still be fast (last year already). This year Loeb's record with Hyundai is clearly worse than with C3 though, and somehow close to Mikkelsen's. Joining the club of 2 other drivers (Sordo, Paddon) who also didn't show consistent results with it. Could Loeb be consistent if he kept driving all rallies? Probably yes, but we can't know for sure.
    Last edited by mknight; 13th May 2019 at 19:49.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    They were not meant to be questions, i don`t understand, why you take them like that... You like "facts", so i stated some. The point is, when it`s about Mikkelsen, you remember everything, what tires, whith which foot he rose from the bed first etc.. and compare/glorify his every result with his other teammates, with slower pace in the past/ less experience/less experience in the i20/away for a long time/ enjoying their food and drinks...and these mean nothing. For example, RMC, Mikkelsen vs Loeb. Not even once you have considered in your talks, that Loeb was doing Dakar, and immediately after that he had to be in a new (for him) i20. I, for instance, after a trip from another timezone, am lost for days, thinking about doing 2+ weeks full days in Dakar and then right after that a WRC week...no words.
    Oh, and Paddon crashed out, 6/7. Sordo crashed out twice, so 5/7. Quite a bit of trouble for both, when talking about half a season. That gives Mikkelsen 3(2) and 4(3) better rallies compared to others, scoring almost the same or twice as less when summed. Now, if i would be going that style, i`d say they would have been definitely faster and wouldn`t have had those crashes, had they full-time drives. But that`s all would and wouldn`t.

It`s becoming more and more pointless/ demagogic so i`m out. I just don`t understand, what is the point of justifying an experienced driver, driving a car that is fighting for the WDC, "learning" for 1,5 seasons (3+13+5).
    Last edited by Tarmop; 13th May 2019 at 20:13.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    It`s becoming more and more pointless/ demagogic so i`m out. I just don`t understand, what is the point of justifying an experienced driver, driving a car that is fighting for the WDC, "learning" for 1,5 seasons (3+13+5).
    Chile is first time Mikkelsen has not been competitive on gravel since Finland 2018 (and we all know how well Hyundai does in Finland). Yet you and some other people claim he is not competitive all the time which is clearly not the case. That is indeed becoming demagogic.

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Chile is first time Mikkelsen has not been competitive on gravel since Finland 2018 (and we all know how well Hyundai does in Finland). Yet you and some other people claim he is not competitive all the time which is clearly not the case. That is indeed becoming demagogic.
    I love the fact that an experienced rally winning driver like Mikkelsen is, driving his 2nd year with the car, we get to say sentences like this is his 2nd rally after Finland where he is not competitive (not meaning for win or top 3, competitive against other WRC drivers).
    AND this on top of him being an absolute snail on every tarmac rally so far with Hyundai. So he is not competitive with Hyundai in tarmac - ever. AND he finds 2-3 rallies a year where he is not competitive on gravel as well.

I feel sorry for the guy, he seems like good bloke. But overall he is just too poor to have any real shot at having a seat anywhere in the WRC next year.

Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    Mikkelsen is ahead of Lappi, Latvala and Suninen on the points table (with Mikkelsen at one less round). Are the later three also (depending on contracts) likely headed to lesser roles in 2020?
    Last edited by Zeakiwi2; 13th May 2019 at 21:48.

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    His performance is this rally is not ok comparing to Loeb. His performance this season is ok, comparing to both Loeb and Sordo.

Re-post manu points:
    Hyundai
    Mikkelsen 36 /5 = 7,2 points/rally
    Loeb 27/4 = 6,75 points/rally
    Sordo 20 /3 = 6,67 points/rally
    When they have done the same amount of rally's u could use that. The fact that Loeb is 9 points shy of him in his first season in the car with little testing or overall knowledge of the car speaks volumes in the difference of these 2 not to mention Loeb's age and frankly sordos 20/3 is impressive given his lack of seat time. Fact is mikkelsen is no better than rest of the field glimpses of speed here and there can't capitalize.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I also want to underline that Mikkelsen is not a completely worthless driver like many claim. He has had great pace in many rallies but been unlucky with technical failures and punctures, although he's made mistakes as well. But then again, there are rallies where he just hasn't had the pace at all. Can we accept that from a driver with his experience? Or maybe he just doesn't match with Hyundai at all?

And I would say the same about Latvala as well (except car matching part).

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I also want to underline that Mikkelsen is not a completely worthless driver like many claim. He has had great pace in many rallies but been unlucky with technical failures and punctures, although he's made mistakes as well. But then again, there are rallies where he just hasn't had the pace at all. Can we accept that from a driver with his experience? Or maybe he just doesn't match with Hyundai at all?

And I would say the same about Latvala as well (except car matching part).
    Mikkselsen has seven years of experience in WRC. He was fast with VW Polo basicly on every rally. Now hes good only in Sweden, and maybe 1-2 events more. All he can say is that hes missing confidence. On Chile he lost almost half a minute on longer stages and second pass he didnt show any speed either(best result 5th on SS12). Mads and Kalle were almost same fast as him with WRC2 cars. For me he is the most overpaid driver ever. The only thing he does is holding good WRC seat(not long hopefully.), but should give that for some younger driver who can learn. Or let him drive in Ford/Citroen, maybe he can improve in other team an find a car what suits him better.
    Last edited by Gevin; 14th May 2019 at 08:34.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevin View Post
    Now hes good only in Sweden, and maybe 1-2 events more.
    I would say he's competitive in all technical gravel rallies (Mexico, Argentina, Portugal, Sardegna, Turkey), Wales, Australia and Monte