Threaded View

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Again, you are leaving out many important bits...
    1. Hyundai is a factory team in need for titles and Mikkelsen is its no. 2 driver? True?
    2. Mikkelsen was an active full-time driver in WRC , in a WRC car from 2013-2016, Loeb ended his full-time career after 2012. True?
    3. Mikkelsen did three events in a C3, 3 events in the I20, in 2017. True?
    4. In addition to these 3 events in the i20, Mikkelsen also has a full season behind him now. True?
    5. Loeb had three events in the C3, in 2018, podium contender and a winner, whereas he had no experience whatsoever with this generation before. True?
    6. Sordo and Paddon did ~50% of the rounds in 2018, whereas Mikkelsen did the whole season. They were quite level in the standings in the end. True?
    7. Loeb has done –2 events in this season, so far, Mikkelsen -1. Loeb is ahead of him by 3 points. True?
    8. Loeb did a tough challenge called Dakar earlier this year, in a completely different region/timezone, flew back to Europe, immediately tested the i20 for a short distance and started with the recce and competition. Did quite well imho, finishing 4th and grabbing 2 SS wins on the way. True?
    9. Sweden, Mikkelsen can call it his home event, doesn`t get closer than that, Loeb still in a new car, on a surface he last competed in 2013 with a completely different car - six years ago (meanwhile Mikkelsen had done all of them, one with the i20 also). Loeb wasn`t amazing, understandably. True?
    10. Mexico-Mikkelsen was promising in the beginning.
    11. Corsica- another new event in the car for Loeb and mistakes. Was expecting more, at his home event, yes. True?
    12. Argentina-oh, i wish Mikkelsen had found a new going from there.
    13. Chile- Mikkelsen completely lost, Loeb, doing his first gravel event with the car (tested it quite a while back also) improving from 8th place pace to Tänak`s pace, almost took Ogier in a honest fight. True?
    14. See point 1.

A new team, maybe a fresh start "Meeke-style" would help him get to his >2017 form?
    Last edited by Tarmop; 13th May 2019 at 19:33.

2. Likes: dimviii (13th May 2019)