Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1070
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    If you wish to keep posting retarded one-lines in response to arguments go on.

Fredrik Gustavsson
    ‏ @F_Gustavsson

The most impressive performance this weekend goes to Le Maestro @SebastienLoeb and @DanosElena! 3rd place, first time on gravel in the i20WRC and only the 2nd rally on gravel since 2013!
    The old guys still rocks ���������� @HMSGOfficial #WRC @Loeb_Seb1

2. Likes: cali (13th May 2019)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Thanks!

The first one is also Ott ?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Arguments...only his lawyer can give us those today. This thing is starting to be demagogy, not an argumented discussion.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 13th May 2019 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Thanks!

The first one is also Ott ?
    according to uploader yes.

6. Likes: EstWRC (13th May 2019)
    Liked 170 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    For me penalty for Meeke is ok, he was working on car under parc ferme rule. The biggest problem is that decision was made sooooo late.
    If he had received that decision the same day, he could have conserved his tyres on the final day for the power stage.

As for whether the penalty is high or low, I don't know I'm no expert.

To my noob eyes it is pretty weird that as part of the FIA's ongoing effort to improve safety, they penalized somebody for removing dangerous broken glass from a soon-to-be-moving car. I'm struggling with that.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    This year he was the only driver bare the top 3 fighting on podium in every rally he started, and he was also never the slowest Hyundai.... both until Chile
    It's clutching a bit to say Mikkelsen was "fighting" for a podium in Monte. He was nowhere in terms of pace compared to the top 3 drivers and Meeke, and when he retired he was behind Loeb (who'd just finished a Dakar and driven the car for a day and half) and only 2secs ahead of Latvala. He was third for one stage after Meeke got two punctures and Tanak got a puncture, but lost it on the next stage.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    To my noob eyes it is pretty weird that as part of the FIA's ongoing effort to improve safety, they penalized somebody for removing dangerous broken glass from a soon-to-be-moving car. I'm struggling with that.
    There are countless possible repair situations which can be rationalized by safety reasons (for example whatever related to brakes). The rules are clear, You don't work on the car in the time control. If you do you get punished no matter why. If you find it dangerous you can stop just after the stage start and repair it there. That's allowed.

The question is why the penalty came so late. That shall not happen (even though Meeke shall be well aware that he would get penalized).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: mknight (13th May 2019)
    Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    Normal penalty for working on the car in parc ferme areas is exclusion. So he should be thankfull that he is a factory driver so he got only got a one minute penalty.

can somebody French speaking watch Loeb incar at last stage ,and write here what did they said?

4 beers from me.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    It's clutching a bit to say Mikkelsen was "fighting" for a podium in Monte. He was nowhere in terms of pace compared to the top 3 drivers and Meeke, and when he retired he was behind Loeb (who'd just finished a Dakar and driven the car for a day and half) and only 2secs ahead of Latvala. He was third for one stage after Meeke got two punctures and Tanak got a puncture, but lost it on the next stage.
    (this discussion is not really important, cause it doesn't change the main point of Mikkelsen being on decent pace in all rallies except Chile so far this season, but since you actually like to talk about facts instead of posting random lines out of context I post it anyway)

Entering SS9 where he crashed he was 3rd, 7s ahead of Latvala. After he ripped off a wheel and drove about 100-200 meters like that he dropped to 4th 3s behind Loeb. Hard to say if he had dropped behind with the wheel on, but a few secs +- doesn't really matter for "fighting for podium". Btw. he had an extra moment where he bend the steering earlier in same stage. Note that at this point half of the competitive distance has been driven, so it's not like entering the podium in first two stages when differences are minimal. I don't think he would have held the podium until the finish, certainly not against Tanak on Sunday, but he was definitely "fighting" for it, by actually getting to it on Friday.

Comparing stagetimes in Monte is always a problem with so many different tire choices. On Thursday only Loeb and Mikkelsen had same tires and ended way back a few secs between each other. On Friday only Hyundais had "best" tireschoices (Loeb slightly different on second pass), in first loop this was due to the cancellation of the first stage.
    The leg times are here: https://www.ewrc-results.com/leg/523...lo-2019/?leg=2 , Mikkelsen is 3rd, 12s ahead of Loeb.

If you take out Tanak and Meeke timeloss from punctures as well as the damage on stage after for Meeke and give them stage wining times on those stages. (This is doubtfull since they both had worse timechoice than the winner of that stage -Loeb, in first pass in similar situation they lost 19 and 25s). Then their leg time is about 8s faster than Mikkelsen. His stage positions on Friday were 4-4-3-6-4. So while he was likely a bit slower than the 4 fastest saying he was "nowhere" near is also a bit of a stretch.