Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

2019 Bahrain F1 GP - Sakhir

The first race of the season threw up some surprises. The Ferrari was suppose to turn up and smash the opposition into dust with a one two. And Redbull was suppose to get into the hair of the Mercedes and ruffle their designer hair do. But Mercedes came and stole the show, smashing the opposition. To add spice to the surprise, Bottas won the race in a Mercedes one two beating a wounded Hamilton by a crushing 20 seconds.

Redbull found themselves ruffling the Ferrari feathers with Verstapenn stealing the third spot podium place from Vettel who later found himself at the mercy of his rookie teammate with fresher tyres.

All of this brings us to Bahrain with a number of questions that we want answers to.

Firstly, what happened to the Ferrari pace at Melbourne?
    Did Mercedes actually recover so much performance, enough to be faster than the Ferrari?
    Would Ferrari be able to unleash the full potential of their car in Bahrain?
    Was Bottas' performance at Melbourne a blip that would see him return to the rear of the top two [Hamilton and Vettel] in Bahrain?
    Can Leclerc out qualify Vettel in Bahrain|? If so would Ferrari allow him to win the race?
    Would we see the true effect of the rules change at this track layout?

And the list of questions go on and on. One thing is certain, Bahrain is an eagerly awaited race

Spare a thought for Najah Yusuf a mother of three imprisoned at the Isa Town Prison where it is said she is regularly beaten,tortured and sexually assulted by her captors for criticizing the state's expense on Formula one.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th March 2019 at 06:31.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    May the forza be with you

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Dear lord, this is horrible. It has completely changed my perspective of the Bahrain Grandprix. I wonder if the FIA and Liberty Media has seen this, or has money trumped concern for human rights. I am very disgusted by this. I can say, knowing of this woman's plight would not allow me to enjoy this racing weekend.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: truefan72 (28th March 2019)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Sorry, but I have to wonder about the authenticity of that article. It may be true, but seems a little too polished and articulate.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Sorry, but I have to wonder about the authenticity of that article. It may be true, but seems a little too polished and articulate.
    Doesn't change the fact that there are serious human rights issues in Bahrain.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

7. Likes: truefan72 (28th March 2019)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Yeah, Its hard to tell what is real or fake news these days but I suspect its probably legit?

Looks like Lewis and some other F1 troops are being encouraged to try snd bust her out of prison...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...DTC?li=AA9SkIr

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that there are serious human rights issues in Bahrain.
    Yeah, no question about that. True of most of the gulf states.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yeah, Its hard to tell what is real or fake news these days but I suspect its probably legit?

Looks like Lewis and some other F1 troops are being encouraged to try snd bust her out of prison...

Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    I'm confident that it's the real enchilada dawg!
    Let's go racing boyz!

May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

12. Likes: Tazio (29th March 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

I don’t know about the article but the woman’s situation is real. I first heard about this a while back. Basically she posts anti-f1 race comments on Facebook and then asks F1 for help getting out of prison. Irony much?

We all know she shouldn’t be in prison to begin with but she also knew full well that Bahrain isn’t exactly renowned for its human rights record, more renowned for its intolerance. Hopefully she gets out but F1 is a sporting event and I cannot see them interfering in the political stratosphere.