Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I think we are seeing the start of a new era. Like Hamilton arrived in F1 to upset the status quo of Alonso being the number 1 driver at Mclaren, Leclerc has arrived to upset the Vettel party. If Ferrari is consistently dominant throughout the season, the title fight could be an inhouse battle between Leclerc and Vettel, much like Hamilton and Rosberg. I really wonder if Ferrari can handle such a situation without interfering. I think, without interference, Leclerc could win his first F1 title in his first season in Ferrari colours.

To be fair, it is not quite like the Mercedes situation where Ferrari was languishing well behind. On this occasion, Mercedes is very close behind and fast enough to capitalize on any opportunity that presents itself. Unfortunately, l think Ferrari may be forced to support the first driver to establish a clear lead, to keep Mercedes in check.

That said, can Mercedes find more performance in their package. There seem to be ample scope for development in this new car. In a few races time, chances are that the advantage may swing to Mercedes. In which case, it would be very hard not see Hamilton as a potential title winner in the broader scheme of things.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 30th March 2019 at 17:15.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: Duncan (30th March 2019)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Absolutely delighted for Charles... can we call him Charlie? Big statement of intent which will no doubt have really rattled Sebs cage...The first corner is going to be very interesting and may well decide whether the Mercs are going to be able to get in amongst them.

Bears all the hallmarks of being a real cracker. Really looking forward to this one!

4. Likes: Duncan (30th March 2019)
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Wow. That was seriously amazing. A few thoughts:

1. Finally, we legitimately have a championship on our hands. Ferrari clearly have the fastest car right now at this track, but it's very close between them and Mercedes, with Lewis only a few hundredths behind Seb. This should really be a great season, and plenty of potential for a serious fight between Charles, Seb, Lewis and Valtteri, at the very least.
    2. Are McLaren back? On the basis of what we can see so far, it looks incredibly promising, but too early to be definitive. At least on single lap pace they're definitely in the right place (finally). Hope that continues. With any luck, we might actually see both McLaren and Haas nipping at the heels of the top three sooner rather than later.
    3. Williams... Oy Vey.
    4. I hope Ricciardo is looking at his current path as a long-term project. I think he may be waiting a while to see opportunities for podiums given where Renault seem to be. And given Gasly's poor showing, I'm sure RBR wouldn't mind taking him back too.

6. Likes: Tazio (30th March 2019)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think we are seeing the start of a new era. Like Hamilton arrived in F1 to upset the status quo of Alonso being the number 1 driver at Mclaren,
    Hamilton had been with McLaren for longer than Alonso had been in car racing.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Much like l said in my Melbourne GP post, this season, Hamilton is fighting both Ferrari drivers and possibly Bottas for the title this season. This is looking like it is going to be the hardest season for Mercedes since the inception on the hybrid era.

I suppose, it all comes down to how well Ferrari can manage their operations this season. As such, while it is exciting to see Leclerc deliver on his promise of giving Vettel a hard time. It is too early to say Ferrari has this season in the bag. We have seen this sort of form from Ferrari in the past, they look great on track but not so on the pit wall. The change at the top may provide the necessary ingredient to ensure they keep things steady all through the year. If they do, then it would be very hard for Mercedes to beat them.

I think the shoe is on the other foot this time round. Mercedes is slower than the Ferrari. Hence, their operations must be excellent at every race weekend to ensure they keep the pressure on Ferrari. Any slip up by Mercedes would see the title fight finish early in the season. The question is who's name shall be top of the leader board? Leclerc or Vettel?

Can Hamilton steal the show from under Ferrari's nose and bag his sixth world title. Which would nothing short of sensational. Hamilton would need to drive out of his skin this time round to beat those rapid Ferrari. Leclerc is going to be problematic for both Vettel and Hamilton and they know it.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 31st March 2019 at 08:02.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Morning boyz
    Looking forward to an exciting race!
    May the forza be with you

Windy dawgz!

Alright the boss!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Verstappen showing his dirty driving again

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Leclerc takes the lead and a proper fight!