Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
I don’t know about the article but the woman’s situation is real. I first heard about this a while back. Basically she posts anti-f1 race comments on Facebook and then asks F1 for help getting out of prison. Irony much?

We all know she shouldn’t be in prison to begin with but she also knew full well that Bahrain isn’t exactly renowned for its human rights record, more renowned for its intolerance. Hopefully she gets out but F1 is a sporting event and I cannot see them interfering in the political stratosphere.
The fight for freedom usually start with one brave and solitary voice like that of Najar's. We who live to the west take our freedoms for granted because it is protected by law. When we enjoy a spectacle such as F1 in a country where such a spectacle is at he expense of the misery and human rights infringement of citizens of the hosting country, we should not turn our faces away from their plight. Regardless of whether their aim is contrary to our enjoyment. We must frown at injustices wherever we find them on this planet.