Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    So far in qualy. I'm really happy for leclerc and also mclaren cars. Renault need to get their act together. RBR are off the pace. What's going on with Gasley? Hass also looking strong.
    On a side note. Alonso must be questioning his decisions. Leaves Ferrari and they get good again. Retires from F1 and the mclaren looks like a rejuvinated outfit solidly in Q3's now.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    So far in qualy. I'm really happy for leclerc and also mclaren cars. Renault need to get their act together. RBR are off the pace. What's going on with Gasley? Hass also looking strong.
    On a side note. Alonso must be questioning his decisions. Leaves Ferrari and they get good again. Retires from F1 and the mclaren looks like a rejuvinated outfit solidly in Q3's now.
    Great to see Mclaren showing solid pace and beating Renaul and Redbull at this stage. Hope they can keep it up in quali 3.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: truefan72 (30th March 2019)
    I think Leclerc is the man to beat this weekend. The mercedes, oh where has their pace gone?
    William Shakespeare

Wow. What a lap for Leclerc. Congrats. p3 for Hamilton p4 bottas. Mercedes closed the gap though. I'll take it. Vettel redeemed himself. Super lap for kimi too. Good qualy session from the entire top 10

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Congrat's to McLerc! Will Ferrari let him race for the win?
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    One can only hope. I think if he gets a good start then its his race to lose
    you can't argue with results.

8. Likes: Tazio (30th March 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Delighted for Leclerc. I think there’s a good chance he’ll have the beating of Vettel over the course of this year as long as reliability stays equal. Am not surprised given his F2 performances that he is giving him a hard time already. The pairing of those two is going to be a very interesting team battle.

It was a close enough qualifying afterwards. It appears that Ferrari can consistently deploy party mode for longer than Mercedes but Mercedes ended up pretty close in the end so I wouldn’t be very disheartened if I were Mercedes.

Looking forward to the race.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I think people have been blowing Ferrari's team orders at Oz fully out of proportion. It made all the sense of the world for any team principal, not just Binotto, to tell both drivers to hold station when they're in 4th and 5th and there's no way that either of them could grab 3rd place. There was no benefit at all for the team to let them race, but the risk of an accident would have been much higher.

Now, if there's anything I'd criticize about Ferrari in Australia, it would be that they didn't pit either driver for fresh tyres in an attempt to grab the fastest lap of the race, which would have been the clever thing to do IMO.

Besides, today's result clearly shows that Leclerc is not going to settle for a No. 2 status at Ferrari, and the top brass have most certainly taken note of his performance. If anything, unless Vettel passes him into Turn 1, my question would be whether Seb would be allowed to challenge his teammate for the win. It wouldn't be popular with the fans, but it would also make sense for Ferrari to order them to hold station if they were 1st and 2nd after the first corner, regardless of who was leading.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Mercedes race pace says they are equal or a couple tenths faster than "the Scud's". I'm looking forward to a real cracker of a race!
    May the forza be with you

Mercedes race pace says they are equal or a couple tenths faster than "the Scud's". I'm looking forward to a real cracker of a race!
    Mercedes has probably setup for the race. But that Ferrari pace coupled with DRS would be hard to keep behind or overtake. There might be opportunities at the start of the race, especially if Vettel tries to steal the lead from Leclerc at the first corner. Hamilton would certainly pounce. It is looking like a race where Ferrari would disappear into the distance.
    William Shakespeare