Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Bottas is wiping the floor with everyone today.

Ferrari are no where on this track.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I'm really surprised at the gaps between Bottas and Hamilton on one hand, and Vettel and Leclerc on the other. I wonder whether they've had some issues with the tyres or what, but the differences we're seeing today (20 and 15 seconds) aren't definitely normal, especially since there was little to choose between either pair in quali.

On top of that, it's been a dreadful return so far for Kubica. Let's hope that this was just a one-off, but he's been utterly useless so far for the whole weekend.
    And right after I wrote that, Leclerc starts eating away's the difference with Vettel. I really don't know what's with the pace difference between the Ferraris today. Maybe Vettel overused his tyres in the first part of both stints and is now paying the price?

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Go Mclerc!
    May the forza be with you

4. Likes: airshifter (17th March 2019)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Charles already the number 2
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

6. Likes: truefan72 (18th March 2019)
    Ferrari not letting Mclerc race Fettel

8. Likes: truefan72 (18th March 2019)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I'm actually quite OK with Ferrari not letting the drivers race in that position. It would have been a fight in a circuit where overtaking is notoriously difficult, so there was a decent chance of them crashing; and all for no benefit whatsoever for the team since they were way behind 3rd and in front of 6th. An order to hold station makes all the sense in the world at that point of the race.

10. Likes: journeyman racer (18th March 2019)
    Bottas spanks The Boss, and Ferrari sucks for for enforcing team orders!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Wow... When I said "Bottas to shock all of us and destroy Hamilton this year!" on the other thread, I was only joking.. Looks like he finally found his mojo. Has he just had some mental strength coaching by Nicos sports shrink?

No, I dont think this will be Bottas's year, I expect Lewis to bounce back but it looks like Valteri is finally right up for a challenge.

Have the new wings/regs made overtaking/ following closer any better? Certainly not on the evidence of this race... Verstappen saying that after he got within 1.5 secs his tyres started overheating. Ah well... perhaps back to the drawing board with that one.

What about the point for the fastest lap. Lots of speeding up and slowing down.. but did it improve the spectacle towards the end of the race at all for you?

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    If you notice, that was my Q1 take.
    Sorry, I didn't notice - my mistake!

I'm quite impressed with the Red Bull Honda's pace, at least in the hands of Verstappen. Gasly was a bit useless today. Ricciardo must be kicking himself for leaving that team.

With Ferrari, I don't quite understand why - if they had to employ team orders - they didn't at least pit LeClerc to give him a chance for the fastest lap bonus point.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

14. Likes: truefan72 (18th March 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Wow... When I said "Bottas to shock all of us and destroy Hamilton this year!" on the other thread, I was only joking.. Looks like he finally found his mojo. Has he just had some mental strength coaching by Nicos sports shrink?

No, I dont think this will be Bottas's year, I expect Lewis to bounce back but it looks like Valteri is finally right up for a challenge.

Have the new wings/regs made overtaking/ following closer any better? Certainly not on the evidence of this race... Verstappen saying that after he got within 1.5 secs his tyres started overheating. Ah well... perhaps back to the drawing board with that one.

What about the point for the fastest lap. Lots of speeding up and slowing down.. but did it improve the spectacle towards the end of the race at all for you?
    It was ultimately a bad start and floor damage that cost Hamilton this race. Lets not get carried away. Bottas also showed his weak mentality after the race with his "to whom it may concern, fuck you" comment. A truly mentally strong person would not have felt the need to make that comment. It shows the pasting he received last year is still in his head and bothering him so this, he has come back a new man talk being spouted by the media is nothing other than complete and utter nonsense.

From Hamilton’s POV I would not be the least bit concerned about this result.

16. Likes: Samouri (17th March 2019),truefan72 (18th March 2019)