Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Lets not get carried away.
    Actually, let's get carried away. I mean, what else can we do for the rest of season? Remember how Mercedes sabotaged Hamilton's car in 2016 so that Rosberg could retire with a WDC win? I think Mercedes is doing the same this season again. :-)

2. Likes: gm99 (17th March 2019)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    For Albert Park, a fantastic race IMO that shows a lot of potential for the rules changes, along with what looks to be a good or great season for mid pack racing. Though Mercedes seem to have a commanding advantage still (my FGP team is likely screwed) it looks like RB and Ferrari might have a chance at wins here and there.

I was on the fence with the new last lap rule, but not now. It was clear that just about everyone in the top 10 wanted that point in a bad way. Bottas inquired about stopping for new tires, even though the race win was in hand. Ferrari considered it was well, and Max tried to get it on track. It could end up being an influence IMO, with either teams rolling the dice for another stop, or forcing drivers to make a mistake while chasing fast lap.

Gutted for Ricciardo, though it appeared his own doing.

Gasly needs to up his game, and RB might have made a bad decision.

Leclerc had obvious pace on Seb, and I hope Ferrari do actually let him race, though I can give them a pass on this one due to the overall positions likely remaining the same.

I thought some of the trains lower in the pack were boring, but proved that the cars can in fact follow closer and challenge when the track allows. The new DRS worked well also IMO, and didn't offer too large of an advantage. I think on tracks with more passing opportunities the new rules might make for a fun season.

I hope the season pans out, it looks like possibilities for some great racing.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    For Albert Park, a fantastic race IMO that shows a lot of potential for the rules changes, along with what looks to be a good or great season for mid pack racing.

Wow, what a truly fantastic stuff. Another great season of mid-pack racing. This will go down as the greatest season of racing in the 2019 Annals of Motorsport.

Gutted for Ricciardo, though it appeared his own doing.
    I was thinking the same at first, but after seeing his "crash" again, I disagree. His car's right wheel was over grass only briefly. No driver would expect that this would chop his front wing off. Clearly, the floor and the grass were seriously uneven in that spot.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I was thinking the same at first, but after seeing his "crash" again, I disagree. His car's right wheel was over grass only briefly. No driver would expect that this would chop his front wing off. Clearly, the floor and the grass were seriously uneven in that spot.
    Not to say it was a bad error, as I agree he was barely on the grass. But from the one angle you can see a large drain grate that he went over, and that is what caused the big nose dive and jump that ripped the wing off. I would think that drivers would have noted that drain during the track walk or practice sessions.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    I think it is sad to say that Kubica's has lost it. Three laps down? At one point he was 1:26:00 behind his teammate!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I think it is sad to say that Kubica's has lost it. Three laps down? At one point he was 1:26:00 behind his teammate!
    Yep, that was painful to watch. Unless there is a valid reason for his severe lack of pace that should probably be his last race and Claire needs to call it.

Too harsh? I suppose even replacing him with Alonso or someone of that caliber wouldnt change anything so might as well leave him be.

8. Likes: N. Jones (18th March 2019)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yep, that was painful to watch. Unless there is a valid reason for his severe lack of pace that should probably be his last race and Claire needs to call it.

Too harsh? I suppose even replacing him with Alonso or someone of that caliber wouldnt change anything so might as well leave him be.
    Yes his race pace was well off, but the team may still need his experience for car development - as they are sadly in need of it.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

10. Likes: truefan72 (18th March 2019)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Rallying makes you a better F1 driver too!

Looks a lot like Williams needs to look for a possible replacement for Kubica. Any guesses? Ocon?

12. Likes: truefan72 (18th March 2019)
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Why can't MoHaas get their pit work squared away? They stuffed it up again.
    "Maybe Australia just doesn't like me."

Steiner said of the Frenchman's response: "He was disappointed. I spoke with him about it, which is the right thing to do, and apologised because this should not happen.
    https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3...-grosjean-dnf/
    Last edited by Tazio; 17th March 2019 at 21:49.
    May the forza be with you

14. Likes: N. Jones (18th March 2019)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    It was ultimately a bad start and floor damage that cost Hamilton this race. Lets not get carried away.

From Hamilton’s POV I would not be the least bit concerned about this result.
    Absolutely....The poor start by Lewis, and that damaged floor in the front of the left front tire, surely played a role in Hamilton's poor race pace and performance, which enabled Bottas to finish 20 seconds ahead of Lewis. All in all still....a good drive and win by Valtteri.
    Last edited by Samouri; 17th March 2019 at 21:53.