Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    It was ultimately a bad start and floor damage that cost Hamilton this race. Lets not get carried away. Bottas also showed his weak mentality after the race with his "to whom it may concern, fuck you" comment. A truly mentally strong person would not have felt the need to make that comment. It shows the pasting he received last year is still in his head and bothering him so this, he has come back a new man talk being spouted by the media is nothing other than complete and utter nonsense.

From Hamilton’s POV I would not be the least bit concerned about this result.
    My brother and I were actually discussing this before you posted and we said pretty much the same thing. To me It just shows how demoralized and broken he must have become last year to be like this.
    I honestly wouldnt be surprised if we see a 'crazy' Valteri this year, someone who will try anything to stay in front... maybe like some of Nico's previous antics.

What will happen to someone who seems quite fragile, when Lewis beats him over the season? I'm a bit worried for him. Seeing a sports psychologist probably wouldnt be a bad idea. :/

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I agree that Kubica has looked like crap this weekend, but let's not draw conclusions too quickly, shall we?

I was disappointed with Williams choosing him as I severely doubt that all the time away from competitive racing won't have had any major impacts on his ability, but even so, we definitely cannot judge whether his comeback will be a success or a disaster based on a single weekend. Let's just save our judgment for later.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    Rallying makes you a better F1 driver too!

Looks a lot like Williams needs to look for a possible replacement for Kubica. Any guesses? Ocon?
    I really was rooting for Kubica to do well, even in a useless car. but this was a bit embarrassing.
    I hope it was an issue with the car, otherwise, yeah...they should call ocon or wherlein quickly.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Why can't MoHaas get their pit work squared away? They stuffed it up again.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3...-grosjean-dnf/
    shambolic

Quote Originally Posted by Samouri View Post
    Absolutely....The poor start by Lewis, and that damaged floor in the front of the left front tire, surely played a role in Hamilton's poor race pace and performance, which enabled Bottas to finish 20 seconds ahead of Lewis. All in all still....a good drive and win by Valtteri.
    Well, coming home comfortably in p2 with a damaged floor is not a bad consolation prize.
    It's gonna be a long season and on days when things don't go your way, you gotta make the best of it and he did.
    So I'm not worried about Bottas whatsoever. I will congratulate him on a decent drive and deserving win, but have no delusions that he is any kind of worry to hamilton over the season.
    He got a better start than Hamilton and that was that.
    Last year, he should have probably gotten his win in Baku, so this is somewhat of a redemption for him. He did get carried away with his radio comments, and i have a funny feeling, they are gonna come back and bite him as a meme later in the year.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Excuses. He got beat and Valterri has come to try and dominate.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

7. Likes: journeyman racer (18th March 2019)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Bottas also showed his weak mentality after the race with his "to whom it may concern, fuck you" comment. A truly mentally strong person would not have felt the need to make that comment.
    On the flipside, his comment shows your weak mentality. Even though he's not speaking to you personally, it's clear that you're taking his comment as though he talking to you.

Clear thinking people who also don't live vicariously through Hamilton like you do, would just take the comment for what it is. A moment ot take a shot at all the know it all plebs, who have a narrow frame in which they view racing, that have taken a massive metaphorical **** on his head the past year.

It shows the pasting he received last year is still in his head and bothering him so this,
    Still in his head and bothering him? You mean like Hamilton fans who still think about Rosberg after all these years?

he has come back a new man talk being spouted by the media is nothing other than complete and utter nonsense.
    Bottas performance in qualifying was much more potent than any performance of his in his MB career so far (Even more so than when he's taken pole, which has come across as random). 2018 is history, and yesterday's race is now in his mental filing cabinet. Even without a supposed damaged floor, Hamilton's not winning that race. Whatever superiority he had was not much, and it wouldn't have overcome a similar performing car.

From Hamilton’s POV I would not be the least bit concerned about this result.
    Maybe. But all of us here know you'll go into a meltdown if it happens a few more times early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    So I'm not worried about Bottas whatsoever. I will congratulate him on a decent drive and deserving win, but...
    You know what they say about using the word "but"?

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Last year, he should have probably gotten his win in Baku, so this is somewhat of a redemption for him. He did get carried away with his radio comments, and i have a funny feeling, they are gonna come back and bite him as a meme later in the year.
    Has anybody else noticed that truefan doesn't refer to Russia?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    On the flipside, his comment shows your weak mentality. Even though he's not speaking to you personally, it's clear that you're taking his comment as though he talking to you.

Clear thinking people who also don't live vicariously through Hamilton like you do, would just take the comment for what it is. A moment ot take a shot at all the know it all plebs, who have a narrow frame in which they view racing, that have taken a massive metaphorical **** on his head the past year.

Still in his head and bothering him? You mean like Hamilton fans who still think about Rosberg after all these years?

Bottas performance in qualifying was much more potent than any performance of his in his MB career so far (Even more so than when he's taken pole, which has come across as random). 2018 is history, and yesterday's race is now in his mental filing cabinet. Even without a supposed damaged floor, Hamilton's not winning that race. Whatever superiority he had was not much, and it wouldn't have overcome a similar performing car.

Maybe. But all of us here know you'll go into a meltdown if it happens a few more times early in the season.

You know what they say about using the word "but"?

Has anybody else noticed that truefan doesn't refer to Russia?
    Man, I feel so sorry for you. I have not replied to any of your posts in about a year and a half and you still follow me around, badgering me at every opportunity. Take a deep breath, meditate and centre yourself. I take no pleasure in having such power over you.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 18th March 2019 at 08:57.

10. Likes: truefan72 (21st March 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    My brother and I were actually discussing this before you posted and we said pretty much the same thing. To me It just shows how demoralized and broken he must have become last year to be like this.
    I honestly wouldnt be surprised if we see a 'crazy' Valteri this year, someone who will try anything to stay in front... maybe like some of Nico's previous antics.

What will happen to someone who seems quite fragile, when Lewis beats him over the season? I'm a bit worried for him. Seeing a sports psychologist probably wouldnt be a bad idea. :/
    Agreed. Should Hamilton beat him in the next couple of races I suspect it will break Bottas immediately. Hamilton always comes back. Beating him drives him to come back stronger. Beating Bottas, on the other hand, destroys his confidence, as we have seen. Psychologically Bottas is his own worst enemy. I suspect he may have even affected himself by making that comment. He needs to sort that out if he has any chance against Hamilton. Rosberg was mentaly really strong and that’s what got him over the line.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Deflection.