Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Some thoughts..

The fuel load/tyre/pace calculations derived from testing suggest that Ferrari might have as much as a 3-4 tenths advantage over Merc.. but of course we wont really know for sure until Melbourne.

Unless Merc are sandbagging by a fair margin or find some big gains from new parts in Oz , I expect to see a Ferrari 1-2 on the opener.

I think Merc will very quickly reduce any deficit.
    and I expect car advantage to ebb and flow over the course of the season.
    If they are neck and neck and Lewis manages to win the WDC, I still believe the employment of LeClerc is likely going to give Ferrari the upper hand over Merc in the manufacturers championship.

Or if I stop waffling I could just say.. Yep, Ferrari looking very strong.

2. Likes: airshifter (3rd March 2019)
    Liked 668 Times in 466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Some thoughts..

The fuel load/tyre/pace calculations derived from testing suggest that Ferrari might have as much as a 3-4 tenths advantage over Merc.. but of course we wont really know for sure until Melbourne.

Unless Merc are sandbagging by a fair margin or find some big gains from new parts in Oz , I expect to see a Ferrari 1-2 on the opener.

I think Merc will very quickly reduce any deficit.
    and I expect car advantage to ebb and flow over the course of the season.
    If they are neck and neck and Lewis manages to win the WDC, I still believe the employment of LeClerc is likely going to give Ferrari the upper hand over Merc in the manufacturers championship.

Or if I stop waffling I could just say.. Yep, Ferrari looking very strong.
    I'm about in the same boat. I based my FGP team on Ferrari, but as much if not more due to the fact that driver combination might take the constructors title. I still expect a good fight for the WDC. I really hope Merc were still sandbagging some and there is a fight at the front.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I'm about in the same boat. I based my FGP team on Ferrari, but as much if not more due to the fact that driver combination might take the constructors title. I still expect a good fight for the WDC. I really hope Merc were still sandbagging some and there is a fight at the front.
    Leclerc will undoubtedly help Ferrari more, in their pursuit for the WCC. Meanwhile the WDC could be something that Lewis would be able to achieve, for a sixth time.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    The regulations for 2019 seem to have shaken up the grid. We are going into Australia with uncertainty of the pecking order of the grid. Though Mercedes has shown some speed, they may be much further back than they appear. Redbull is another unknown quantity, they may well have fallen back into the reach of Renault, they may also be further forward and ahead of Mercedes. The midfield looks sharp and fast. Fast enough to make life difficult for Ferrari or Mercedes coming from the back to work twice as hard to surge up the grid on bad weekends.

We don't always mention them, but Liberty Media has done a great job for the 2019 season and they should be commended. It looks like we are in for a cracking season which may be full of surprises, change of fortunes and new beginnings. You have to be a brave man to venture to say which team is going to win the constructors championship, though Ferrari look resoundingly the favorite. it is even harder to say who is going to be the driver world champion of 2019, though some would say Hamilton, Vettel without trouble from Leclerc would seem the favorite. Vettel with a troublesome Leclerc would most certainly hand the title to Hamilton. But Ferrari is not the sort of team that allows their drivers to race each other hard, they always have one eye on the price.

The Australia GP has become one of the most awaited race in some time. Because it would give us an early indication of how bad the situation is at Mercedes and Redbull. But more so, how close the midfield is to the sharp end in race trim. This season is looking like a season where even Renault or Haas may win a race. But l wouldn't hold my breath on this.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th March 2019 at 17:39.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare