Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1050
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. instead of looking at which car is the best, we can look at which car is not the worse... Toyota = poor reliability; Citroen = unpredictable behaviour; Hyundai = hard to set up; Fiesta = ?
    I think the Toyota is the fastest car most often if you want to put it like that, but is part of that the fact it’s on a knife edge reliability wise? The Ford is a very good package in that it doesn’t seem to have any duff events, yet is more sturdy than the Toyota. It’s at a slight disadvantage in that they are the only team without one of the top 3 drivers so headline results are harder to come by, Evans was majestic in Corsica tho. The Hyundai is great in the right conditions, but it does struggle with low grip situations/understeer and it’s only really Neuville that can get the best out of it consistently. The Citroen is still the most inconsistent for me, Ogier has done great and bullied it onto a lot of podiums it didn’t really deserve, but mistakes are being made along the way and I think he will feel slightly fortunate to be within sight of Tanak in the championship.
    Will be interesting to see if the proposed updates from both Citroen and Hyundai change the balance at all...

Liked 12,165 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Hard to say, I think all are pretty equal, that's why I don't think anyone can point out the better one of them. The difference has to be made by the crew sitting in it, which is great. Put the top 3 (Tänak, Ogier, Neuville) in any car, and they could win with it. But I think none of those 3 would mind sitting in a Fiesta WRC at the moment.
    you nailed it with your post man...i just wanted to write the same that Tänak, Ogier and Neuville are the ones who are making their machines look fast and the best. Take them away from those teams and we wouldnt have this conversation right here, because the championship would look so equal and interesting then. (not that it isnt interesting atm but you get what i mean)

Quote Originally Posted by eib1 View Post
    Agree, sadly we have 4 teams but 3 top drivers.

Made some calculations just for fun, excluded our top 3 drivers from every rally so far this year and the results are:

Rally wins:
    Hyundai - 4
    Ford - 3
    Citroen - 1
    Toyota - 0

Podium places in total:
    Ford - 9
    Hyundai - 7
    Toyota - 5
    Skoda - 2
    Citroen - 1

And some say that Toyota is dominant and fastest car by far...
    thanks for this, really interesting statistic.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: cali (16th June 2019),steve.mandzij (16th June 2019)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Hard to say, I think all are pretty equal, that's why I don't think anyone can point out the better one of them. The difference has to be made by the crew sitting in it, which is great. Put the top 3 (Tänak, Ogier, Neuville) in any car, and they could win with it. But I think none of those 3 would mind sitting in a Fiesta WRC at the moment.
    i think you overestimate the speed of the fiesta. it wasn't the fastest car in 2016 or 2017. and it's very unlikely that they have made big improvements compared to the other teams since then.
    even ogier, the best driver in the world, won his titels on consistency and by failure of the others, and not by dominating speed-wise.

i think every driver would want to be in that toyota at this moment. it may break often, but it has the speed to go for the win without even pushing hard.

5. Likes: KKS (16th June 2019)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Well, holy shit.

If someone had told me that on Sunday SORDO would ever win another rally I'd have called them insane.

And if they'd told me the podium would be Sordo Suninen Mikkelsen? I'd probably have bet something ridiculous like eating my shoes if that were to happen.

Such a shame for Tanak, but the top 3 (especially Suninen and Sordo) were master class this time around. Spectacular drives from those three.

And nice curveball for the pickems
    Even if Ott not have problems being 29s after Ott in second to last stage is impressive as hell because we know Ott is on a roll, he's hot now so 29s back after 3 1/2 hours is realy good..especially when we consider how ancient he is..He's 36 years old and according to all the ex-spurts he should be in wheelchair and with a seeing eye dog leading him..
    I guess he is deaf to criticism...well that is his name anyway..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

7. Likes: Rallyper (17th June 2019),steve.mandzij (16th June 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i think every driver would want to be in that toyota at this moment. it may break often, but it has the speed to go for the win without even pushing hard.
    I don't wanna be in Latvala & Meeke's place reading this.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

9. Likes: KKS (16th June 2019)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i think you overestimate the speed of the fiesta. it wasn't the fastest car in 2016 or 2017. and it's very unlikely that they have made big improvements compared to the other teams since then.
    even ogier, the best driver in the world, won his titels on consistency and by failure of the others, and not by dominating speed-wise.

Watching the times of last Tour de Corse, I don't think I'm underestimating it's pace. 2017 is a while ago, the cars have evolved a lot since then. But remember, last year, Ogier won 4 events (and was 2 times extremely close to the win), Tänak won 4, Neuville won 3 (of which one less than a second in front of Ogier). Saying Ogier didn't win by speed is complete nonsense.

If the Toyota had the speed without pushing hard, as you claim, why is Tänak the only one who ended up on the podium with it this year? Meeke and Latvala don't have a reputation of being slow drivers.

Let's talk about the speed of the Fiesta again, after Finland and Germany.

11. Likes: cali (16th June 2019),EstWRC (16th June 2019),Mirek (16th June 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    denkimi is just humiliating once again...

13. Likes: br21 (16th June 2019),EstWRC (16th June 2019),tommeke_B (16th June 2019)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Why was Ott up on the bank before spinning?
    Cuz there he already have steering problems

15. Likes: EstWRC (16th June 2019)
    Liked 570 Times in 174 Posts
    made some more statistics, which is kind of opposite of my earlier thoughts

stage wins without our top 3 drivers:
    Meeke - 35
    Latvala - 22
    Evans - 17
    Sordo - 14
    Mikkelsen - 14
    Loeb - 13
    Suninen - 12
    Lappi - 11

Toyota - 57
    Hyundai - 41
    Ford - 29
    Citroen - 11

17. Likes: dimviii (16th June 2019),EstWRC (16th June 2019),KKS (16th June 2019),Mirek (16th June 2019),Morte66 (16th June 2019),Rallyper (17th June 2019),rhm (17th June 2019),steve.mandzij (16th June 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Why was Ott up on the bank before spinning?
    Just watched the onboard, the steering failed 1 corner earlier, with some cut through the wall, after that corner Tanak steers right, but the wheels were pointing left, go figure....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI