Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Liked 158 Times in 85 Posts
    I'm sorry to say that I don't like this rally. It seems that driving and cars hardly matter compared to running order. [OK, except Tanak.]

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    I wonder how much TGR had to pay to get wrc+ studio in front of their building, so that they have their brand on the background for all studio parts?

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    I honestly think the is a tipping point for Ogier. He done this before in Finland where he slotted in behind Meeke when he was setting fastest times, and then he seen Tanaks time from first stage this morning, and said, i want some of that, and went off trying.

Ogier has been able to hide the deficiencies of the C3 till now..(while Lappi cleared hasnt), but the mistake are starting to slip in. Ogier and Lappi are having the same type of mistakes Meeke was having when he tried to push.. clipping a rear wheel.. take a wheel off... stupid stuff.

Ogier now cannot go to Finland with any sort of confidence... he could be 6th quickest driver there.. after all Toyota drivers, Sunninen maybe Evans. I know we are a long way away, but if Ogier cant win the championship with Citroen, and doesnt see a substanial improvement coming for next year... will he stick about?
    While I agree Ogier has hidden some of the c3's shortcomings, I'm sure his confidence won't have been dented that much. He is a 6 time world champion, and Mads showed last year the c3 is actually quite capable in Finland

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Gryazin

5. Likes: Mirek (15th June 2019)
    Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that I don't like this rally. It seems that driving and cars hardly matter compared to running order. [OK, except Tanak.]
    Agree 100%. Sardinia needs to go from the calendar. We need new Italian venue and something different after Portugal, not almost completely the same rally.

Liked 232 Times in 101 Posts
    I like the rally, and it's usually interesting to watch. But yeah as you say it's very similar. In fact when looking back at rallies, memory of Portugal and Sardinia kinda blends in as one

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    i think Neuville is doing well given the situation, a more calculated and mature drive with the championship in mind. If he's realises that he's close to the limit and the times are not there, then it makes little sense to push harder and crash out and lose all points when he can gather up some points from his current position and possibly more if any of the others in front drop out. As well there is always the power stage where he can try for more if the opportunity arises. He already missed out on points this season with his massive crash another such occurrence would be terrible for this championship.

9. Likes: Morte66 (15th June 2019)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    While I agree Ogier has hidden some of the c3's shortcomings, I'm sure his confidence won't have been dented that much. He is a 6 time world champion, and Mads showed last year the c3 is actually quite capable in Finland
    Ostbergs performance last year in Finland after the C3s upgrades was one of the reasons why Ogier decided to go back to Citroen imo, while he and Ford struggled so badly there. Obviously the c3 still has difficulties and that's clear from Lappi, and also Ogier over driving this year.

However i think Ogier will go to Finland already mentally beaten because of not just the C3s continued flaws, but because Tanak is just so fast generally and the Toyota will be on home soil. Neuville will be in the same boat as Ogier, if not even worse off.

If Tanak has another two great performances in Finland and Germany (we know he can win both, car permitting), the championship will be massively in his control.

The worries for Tanak would be lack of pace in Turkey from Toyota if they think more in terms of reliability like last year + puncture worries on the tarmac of Germany and Spain.

I really think Tanak will win the championship if he wins here and has strong results in Finland and Germany...., Ogier and Neuville will be sweating...

11. Likes: Rallyper (15th June 2019)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Let's face it-Yaris is by far best car and Tanak is simply taking advantage of it-he is a 2019 champion. Tanak can still regreat that he didn't take the opportunity already in 2018, when he was the fastest..
    Ogier does not have even the slightest chance in his C3. Pure fact.

Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    The rally is only half way through and Tanak is officially still 2 points behind Ogier. But Tanak is in great position now but so was Neuville after last year Sardinia...Let's just enjoy this great season, no point in proclaiming anyone winner or loser now