Threaded View

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Lightbulb WRC Fan - A Free Prediction Platform By WRC fans

Hi WRC Fans!

I'd like to introduce you a free WRC results predicting site that is developed by couple of WRC fans from Estonia.

I qualify myself quite a big fan - I've attended WRC events in 7 different countries and followed WRC for the most of my life.
    Before the events we always made predictions among my friends, but we didn't find any good website to help us do it.
    So as a software developer myself, I decided to do create a platform just for our needs.

You can
    • predict event TOP5 and powerstage TOP3 for for which you get points if you're correct.
    • create your own leagues with friends to compare your predictions and results easily!

I'd like you, Motorsport Forums' users, to be our first users outside of Estonia.
    I already made a custom league for this community and to join all you have to do is follow this link:
    https://wrcfan.com/leagues/motosportforums

Don't worry if you are starting later in the season. You can create leagues starting from any event of the calendar!

So go ahead. Open the link above or this one HERE. Log in and explore the plaftorm!

We're really looking forward to your feedback on how to improve it!

How are points awarded?

Full points for correctly predicting driver's position. Attribution of points is the same as in WRC.
    * 25 points for 1st place
    * 18 points for 2nd place
    * 15 points for 3rd place
    * 12 points for 4th place
    * 10 points for 5th place

Half the points when your prediction is off by one position.
    * E.g. if you predict participant to finish 2nd but the correct position is 3rd then you are awarded 15 / 2 = 7.5 points

5 points when your prediction is off by more than one position but the participant finishes in TOP 5.

* 5 points for guessing correctly Power Stage 1st place
    * 3 points for guessing correctly Power Stage 2nd place
    * 2 points for guessing correctly Power Stage 3rd place
    Half the points if your prediction is off by one position. The actual position is used for the points calculation.
    * 1 point for guessing correctly driver in Power Stage TOP 3

Kris-Gerhard,
    WRC Fan
    Last edited by krisgerhard; 12th January 2023 at 19:12. Reason: 2023 season