Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 965
  1. #681
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,522
    Like
    266
    Liked 2,053 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Well the new Fiesta is indeed worrying, afaik running R5 is one of the main incomes for MSport (certainly on the rally part). Less income, less likely they will be competitive and afford good drivers on WRC level.

  2. #682
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,975
    Like
    1,395
    Liked 1,692 Times in 886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Mail View Post
    Much of this season Veiby has been fastest of all the RC2 entries. I don't think he is as fast a driver as Kalle or Mads. So I'm guessing it may be the car that is substantially quicker.

    (Thanks for the tip about Mlada)
    My feeling is that the Fabia Evo is a step forward but not yet a big one. On gravel at least the drivers have been complaining about a loose rear end, so maybe there is some work to do. Kalle himself said he felt there is more speed in the car when the set up is right.

    Also should consider, as Mirek pointed out, that Kalle is leading the category comfortably so no need to push too hard. Lindholm has nothing to lose.

  3. #683
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,975
    Like
    1,395
    Liked 1,692 Times in 886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Well the new Fiesta is indeed worrying, afaik running R5 is one of the main incomes for MSport (certainly on the rally part). Less income, less likely they will be competitive and afford good drivers on WRC level.

    I find it strange.. presumably they did back to back tests with the old car, and had a good idea of how that compared to the competition.

    Did they rush the new car out before it was ready?

  4. #684
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,522
    Like
    266
    Liked 2,053 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Maybe the tests didn't include fast/smooth gravel. Just slow/medium/wet and tarmac, which are conditions you find in GB.

  5. #685
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,096
    Like
    1,213
    Liked 522 Times in 334 Posts
    I see it's raining in Jyväskylä, any chance of rain out in the stages?
    If in doubt, flat out!

  6. #686
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,975
    Like
    1,395
    Liked 1,692 Times in 886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Maybe the tests didn't include fast/smooth gravel. Just slow/medium/wet and tarmac, which are conditions you find in GB.
    There were very few testing videos of the new car, but they surely did some testing outside of the UK. I think there was a gravel test in Portugal and a tarmac one in (France?)

    Campedelli in Rome a couple of weeks ago wasn’t too impressive either.

  7. #687
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    956
    Like
    352
    Liked 561 Times in 302 Posts
    What were Tommi’s words about Kris that were so bad and indicating he wasn’t part of the team next year?

  8. #688
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    22,238
    Like
    7,919
    Liked 12,789 Times in 5,650 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Campedelli in Rome a couple of weeks ago wasn’t too impressive either.
    at start of rally was slow,but progressively got faster and did some top times

  9. #689
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,522
    Like
    266
    Liked 2,053 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    What were Tommi’s words about Kris that were so bad and indicating he wasn’t part of the team next year?
    Nothing specific about him tbh.

    Someone uploaded the interview here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AtW...ature=youtu.be

  10. #690
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,644
    Like
    130
    Liked 801 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Nothing specific about him tbh.

    Someone uploaded the interview here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AtW...ature=youtu.be
    It looked more like Latvala and Meeke had ruined Tommi's party plans for Sunday.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •