Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 966
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,549
    Like
    125
    Liked 711 Times in 335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    I'm trying to get to Finland this year and just wondering; is it possible to do multiple stages per loop on Friday and Saturday?
    To see four stages on Friday and Saturday shouldn't be a problem.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,049
    Like
    312
    Liked 710 Times in 260 Posts
    Anybody tips for accomodation for two? Everything i find is so expensive in/around Jyvaskala haha.

  3. #13
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,728
    Like
    4,281
    Liked 4,891 Times in 2,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    To see four stages on Friday and Saturday shouldn't be a problem.
    At least Oittila and Äänekoski on the morning loop should be doable, then a third stage on afternoon and finally Harju. If you want to be busier, you need to leave early and select your stages and spots accordingly and know the fastest routes (not only shortest but to avoid traffic jams).

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    1,627
    Like
    94
    Liked 70 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartijnS View Post
    Anybody tips for accomodation for two? Everything i find is so expensive in/around Jyvaskala haha.
    Last year I stayed in Korpilahti (Alkio-Opisto University). Very central area.

    https://www.alkio.fi/alkio-college
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion

  5. Likes: Hartusvuori (21st February 2019),satnav (20th February 2019)
  6. #15

  7. Likes: famjo70 (6th June 2019),Luis Pacheco (20th February 2019),Micke_VOC (21st February 2019),satnav (20th February 2019),the sniper (20th February 2019)
  8. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    45
    Like
    1
    Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Is anyone here going with camper-wan and staying somewhere near the track? Any suggestions for this type of spectating?

  9. #17
    Member maailmameister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    63
    Like
    56
    Liked 39 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flykas View Post
    Is anyone here going with camper-wan and staying somewhere near the track? Any suggestions for this type of spectating?
    Most of the SS have larger parking lots, where you can also park with a camper. You will go to the SS of the previous day in the evening and after lunch you will change your location. We have been doing this for many years and we like it. Most of the road parking roads are also wide enough to accommodate a camper. Just make a small plan what SS you want to see and that's all. While traveling by car, you can see more SS, but with camper it is much more convenient. It's good to wake up in the morning right next to the SS so there's no need to go anywhere

  10. #18
    Senior Member AL14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,718
    Like
    2,082
    Liked 2,260 Times in 942 Posts
    Dear finnish frieds. I have a group of friends that are going to rally Finland for the first time.
    Can you help them out? They need to know:

    1) Where do you suggest to book their stay, private apartments with airbnb and similar? Or other soultions?
    2) When the roads will be closed for the rally?

  11. #19
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,132
    Like
    916
    Liked 1,585 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Dear finnish frieds. I have a group of friends that are going to rally Finland for the first time.
    Can you help them out? They need to know:

    1) Where do you suggest to book their stay, private apartments with airbnb and similar? Or other soultions?
    2) When the roads will be closed for the rally?
    For a group I'd suggest some kind of cottage - just for the full Finnish experiment of sauna, swimming and an optional amount of fresh Finnish lager
    There's few (cottages, beer we have plenty of) still available in the Jyväskylä area for the rally week. For example in Himos (which is in Jämsä, quite ok to operate from during the rally) you can get one for 650€ a week, which, if you split it between 4-6 (?) friends, isn't that bad IMO.

    The roads will be closed 2-3 hours before the action begins.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  12. Likes: AL14 (20th February 2019)
  13. #20
    Senior Member AL14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,718
    Like
    2,082
    Liked 2,260 Times in 942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    For a group I'd suggest some kind of cottage - just for the full Finnish experiment of sauna, swimming and an optional amount of fresh Finnish lager
    There's few (cottages, beer we have plenty of) still available in the Jyväskylä area for the rally week. For example in Himos (which is in Jämsä, quite ok to operate from during the rally) you can get one for 650€ a week, which, if you split it between 4-6 (?) friends, isn't that bad IMO.

    The roads will be closed 2-3 hours before the action begins.
    Nice suggestion, thanks, now I'm envying them to death because I can't go
    Last edited by AL14; 20th February 2019 at 22:28.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •